[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALRIGHT I NEED TEN GOOD REASONS WHY LINUX IS SUPERIOR TO MAC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

ALRIGHT I NEED TEN GOOD REASONS WHY LINUX IS SUPERIOR TO MAC AND WINDOWS

FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
>runs on powerful computers
>runs on toasters
>you can use your OS without it spying on you and calling home every 10 seconds
>you can use your OS without worrying about forced reboots
I really want to stress the last one.

You don't feel like you're fighting the OS to do what you want when you use linux.
>>
>>58976326
YOU ARE NOBODY
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROVIDE

NOBODY WANTS TO GET IN A CONVERSATION WITH YOU
NOBODY WANTS TO PLEASE YOU

WE GIVE NO FUCK ABOUT YOU
WE GIVE NO FUCK ABOUT YOUR OPINION

SAGE AND RAGE IS ALL YOU HAVE AND NEVER COME BACK
>>
>>58976376
>running linux on powerful computers
For what prupouse?
>>
File: 1456318476053.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456318476053.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>58976326
>>
>>58976326
Even a shitty toaster can do 1080p with self-compiled mpv
>>
File: 1467098844821.png (51KB, 1306x504px) Image search: [Google]
1467098844821.png
51KB, 1306x504px
>>58976408
Because windows is a piece of shit
>>
>>58976326
>I NEED TEN GOOD REASONS WHY LINUX IS SUPERIOR TO MAC AND WINDOWS

why?
>>
File: windows_10.webm (2MB, 1718x938px) Image search: [Google]
windows_10.webm
2MB, 1718x938px
I got only one

I feel like I am in control of my system.
>>
>>58976326
READ ARCHIVE YOUR STUPID DONKEY FUCK!
>>
>>58976410
Besides the spying shit, the really big gripe I've had with Win10 this entire time since its release is its utter and complete inconsistency. This operating system needed a couple more years, and competent developers...
>>
>>58976420
except linux doesn't even take advantage of powerful hardware at all, can you give me more than 5 worthwhile programs that actually NEED powerful hardware?

I could only think of blender
>>
>>58976521
>why isn't the kernel using up all my processor cycles?????

How stupid are you?
>>
>>58976527
I said programs, not Linux itself, cunt
>>
File: Screenshot_20170217_074041.png (255KB, 1681x859px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170217_074041.png
255KB, 1681x859px
>>58976521
Dumb wintoddler
>>
>>58976544
>except linux doesn't even take advantage of powerful hardware at all

You don't even understand what you're asking.
>>
>>58976400
If you give no fuck, when do you spy on us then, NSA?
>>
>>58976557
except thats nothing like what you use at home

>>58976561
nice damage control, can't even answer my questions
>inb4 wintodler
I use Debian on my old laptop, but you are just going to call me a wintolder because I'm not a Linux white knight
>>
>>58976603
I can't even argue with you because you don't know the difference between the OS and a program running within it.

A program has no business using all your resources.
Just because the latest version of photoshop or 3DS max requires all of your RAM and CPU to draw a box does not make it a more "substantial" program.
>>
>>58976652
dumb cunt, you are the one that understood my question but knew you couldn't answer it so you just go on damage control
>>
File: 9ry3inqtL1r4xqamo1_500.jpg (46KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
9ry3inqtL1r4xqamo1_500.jpg
46KB, 500x425px
>mfw it takes me 15 minutes to fully customize the GUI on Linux without any broken elements or errors, all easily done via easily accessible settings
>mfw the same requires a few hours of work on Windows, with settings all over the place, and it still has plenty of unchangeable shit by the end and a few broken elements here and there

>mfw Windows has come to the point where doing something on fucking LINUX is faster and easier, and Windows spends millions on UI development only to fail where Linux succeed with a bunch of neckbeards with almost no financial investment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA *cough* AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>58976376

>runs on powerful computers

You computer is a super computer? No? Stay on Windows or MacOS.

>runs on toasters

As far as I know the toaster is for baking bread

>you can use your OS without it spying on you and calling home every 10 seconds

[citation need]

>you can use your OS without worrying about forced reboots

Only aplied on Shitwindows 10
>>
>>58976400

>sage

Go back to r.eddit
>>
1. It's free, as in free beer.
2. It's free, as in free speech. You can run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve it.
3. It's stable. Linux machines are meant to run for multiple months at a time without shutting down; Windows and Mac will start to fail eventually if you don't shut them down every night.
4. No or few viruses / malaware are written for Linux.
5. Privacy - Linux won't gather and sell your personal information
6. No advertisements
7. Easier to update. Just type "sudo apt-get upgrade" and wait for the update to finish, much easier than the bullshit with windows / mac randomly shutting down your computer.
8. Highly customize-able, many choices for your interface.
9. The applications are also free (in both senses)
10. It's compact, the OS itself takes up very little space.
>>
>>58976788
>sage
>originated from leddit

>SAGE
>>
File: 27jm2hG.jpg (77KB, 1100x742px) Image search: [Google]
27jm2hG.jpg
77KB, 1100x742px
>>58976326
>ALRIGHT I NEED TEN GOOD REASON
Windows 10
>>
>1. It's free, as in free beer.
Except for the hours needed to get it functional from the command line and longer when shit breaks.
>2. It's free, as in free speech.
It's one or the other man, not both.
>3. It's stable.
Complete bullshit and you damned well know it. I've been using Linux off and on since the first distro, Slackware, was released and it's never proven to be more stable than any given Windows install on a huge variety of hardware.
>4. No or few viruses / malaware are written for Linux.
Because it has so little market share nobody gives a fuck but if so desired don't think for a second that it can't be brought down, it's been done before and it'll be done again - just recently yet another major exploit was discovered in the Linux kernel so yes it fucking happens.
>5. Privacy - Linux won't gather and sell your personal information
The operating system rarely does, it's the services you happen to use that make use of such data.
>6. No advertisements
No Linux distro comes with an ad blocker by default, and as just noted it ain't perfect.
>7. Easier to update.
And it's just that much easier to fuck up the entire system when something goes wrong and some package dependency can't be satisfied or some conflict happens someplace - if it hasn't happened to you then consider yourself very fortunate but I've had to fix hundreds if not thousands of installations over the decades when some update fucks everything up. Protip: not all Linux distributions use APT as the package manager.
>8. Highly customize-able, many choices for your interface.
No standardization means problems more often than not.
>9. The applications are also free (in both senses)
Can't have it both ways.
>10. It's compact, the OS itself takes up very little space.
Right, because we're all still using Pentiums at 60 MHz with 1MB of RAM and 10MB of hard drive space, right.

You're dismissed.
>>
>>58976326
If professional software (not gayyms) weren't ultra juice and supported linux, I would use it.
for now we have gaymp
>>
>>58976326
Mac and linux are the same shit! Apple supports drivers and is basically plug and play compared to Linix which isnt. Learn about UNIX noobs.
>>
>>58976326
No AAA game titles on Linux. Windows has the best game developers because it pays the best to be a Win developer.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.