[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Elecom trackballs any good? I need a trackball with both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 611doH-n+LL._SL1500_.jpg (91KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
611doH-n+LL._SL1500_.jpg
91KB, 1500x1500px
Are Elecom trackballs any good? I need a trackball with both a clickable scrollwheel and back and forward buttons, and the only alternative is Logitech's wireless meme.
>>
There is Kensington as well.
>>
>>58974808
CST trackballs have a scrollwheel and a middle mouse button. I am really impressed with mine.
No back/forward unless you add them yourself .
Thumb balls are uncomfortable anyway. fingers are the way to go
>>
Logitech is the way to go. Physically identical to the wired version I've used for almost twenty years. Sure, wireless is stupid on a trackball, but it's only an annoyance when they die.

Elecom trackballs are made for tiny Asian hands, so they're out. Kensington makes retarded finger operated trackballs. It's like those horrible bowling videogames that were in every bar in the eighties.
>>
>>58974875
>CST trackballs have a scrollwheel and a middle mouse button
No back and forward buttons though.
>>58974966
>wireless is stupid on a trackball
It's pants on head retarded for basically everything but cell phones and laptop wifi.
>>
Yes they are amazing.

I use that exact one and it's godly.
>>
>>58974808

Everyone stand the fuck back I got this.

So I got the pick related and use it at this very moment.
I bought it a year ago.

So the bearings are made out of plastic.
Moving the ball is like dragging your balls on concrete. Much worse compared to Logitech M570.
M570 uses ceramic bearings.

The second big flaw is that they use black ball illuminated by near infrared LED.
So sometimes the cursor just stops responding.

BUT

I bought ceramic bearings (3 balls - 3mm in diameter) and replaced the plastic ones.
So now it is much better.

As for the LED I replaced the original LED with high brightness red LED.
So that issue is resolved as well.

If you dont have the skills and nerves dont bother with this trackball.
Yes, it is comfy as fick but.
What I like the most is the third (pinky) button.
I mapped it to Space so I can scroll faster trough inane comments.

What I dont like in Logitech M570 in particular is the delay.

So anon think twice before buying Elecom.

Maybe there is another revision and those problems are fixed.
Mine is:
M-XT3URBK

Forgot to mention that trackballs often needs to cleaned and greased.
>>
File: top-panel-device.png (235KB, 1088x612px) Image search: [Google]
top-panel-device.png
235KB, 1088x612px
How are these 3D mice then?
>>
Make sure you get the newest versions with ruby bearings.

If the ergonomics were better it would be the best trackball on the market.
>>
>>58978094

Unless you're doing tons of 3d rendering or video editing, they're a gimmick and aren't meant to replace a mouse/trackball.
>>
>>58974808
Bought my gf an Elecom trackball a year or two ago and it seems pretty nice. Button placement felt a bit odd at first, but it tracks well and accurately.
>>
File: best trackball ever.png (174KB, 455x500px) Image search: [Google]
best trackball ever.png
174KB, 455x500px
Don't buy thumb-balls, they are fucking shit.
An over-shoulder asymmetrical or even a symmetrical trackball is vastly superior.

The over-shoulder ones in particular can even work good for gaming since you have good grip over the ball compared to the awkward position on symmetrical balls.
Regularly topped Killing Floor leaderboards on a 150-200 modded server, so funny seeing people get mad gelatin when I told them. RIP Skinet Elite. Only good KF server to have ever existed.
>hurr durr 18 to post vidya gayfag /v/
Fuck up.
I also used said over-shoulder trackball for 3D modelling, drawing and such.

Shame every single trackball to have ever existed is SHIT.
Nothing will come close to this god-tier ball.
Time for your yearly reminder.
The buttons were perfect.
Had a scroll-up and -down button, and some other button I cannot remember the function of, all remappable.
The scroll-wheel is probably the best scroll-wheel I've used. Even better than the shit fucking mouse I have now. Due smashing the guff thing.
Why the FUCK are scroll-wheels so shit these days? Every mouse I try they are all terrible, or eventually and quickly get to that stage where middle clicks fail to register sometimes. Not like there is gunk getting stuck in them. I clean my shit regularly.
I miss my trackball. RIP.
>>
>>58978307
That looks horrible.

Thumb action is preferred by most people for a reason. Hipster with your wrist straining trackball. Thumb joint rotates much more than fingers. Youre an idiot.
>>
File: track.ms.jpg (77KB, 282x464px) Image search: [Google]
track.ms.jpg
77KB, 282x464px
>>58979447
More rotation means what exactly?
I need stability, not flexibility.
And every movement you need for a trackball, your other fingers can do, there's nothing that only your thumb can do that's necessary or even advantageous when using a trackball.

>>58978307
Main problems with the best trackball ever is the fact that it uses 2 AA (or was it 2 AAA?) batteries that lasts only 3 months because it had no auto-sleep feature.
Would be perfect if it was wired because there's little to no downside to a wired trackball.

Microsoft also had a pretty great trackball back in the day (from pic).
>>
>>58979642
You might as well use a track pad then. I want a trackball so I don't have to constantly lift my finger and move my wrist to get across the screen.

Don't have that problem with my thumb. It's just more effecient.
>>
>>58978307

It's cute when you finger bangers try to talk about superiority. In a wireless device at that.

Thumbballs are just superior in every way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.