[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

212 Evo fan config

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 1319x1500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1319x1500px
So I'm gonna put a second fan on my 212 Evo and I wanna know if I should have both fans pulling air away or have one fan pushing away and one pushing air through it to the other and up out of my top fan as well.

Any suggestions?
Also does it matter if I use those pads it comes with at all? Does it matter if the fan screw is touching the heatsink at all?
>>
Should have just bought a cooler that isn't shit instead of spending more on 1c lower temps.
>>
Adding another identical fan to the heatsink would just increase the force the air is moved, it won't increase air flow. If the air flow is moving throught the heatsink with ease then adding an extra fan to the heatsink won't help reduce the temprature of the CPU at all, probably
>>
Push pull, its a thing, google it.
>>
>>58974398
>implying it will not heat it more because of extra torque
defend this nvidia fags
>>
>>58974398
To add on to this, your heatsink thin and is a single tower therefore I wouldn't add on another fan since a single fan can move the air through the headsink fins with ease
>>
Letting it pull through it is probably slightly better just because the dust will heap up on the side where there is no fan, allowing you to clean it more easily. Push/pull is really only for watercooler radiators, and even then it's only a very marginal increase in cooling I think
>>
File: Formation-of-cyclone1.gif (9KB, 350x187px) Image search: [Google]
Formation-of-cyclone1.gif
9KB, 350x187px
Have them both pushing inward. The mixture of hot and cold air over the cooling fins will make an uneven pressure on each plane of the cooling fin surface, much like the effect of a cyclone.

This will get you the best temps. Just make sure you secure the cooler properly, as too much rotational force from this effect could cause it to come loose.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.