[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason at all for me to enable the iGPU in the BIOS? Got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Any reason at all for me to enable the iGPU in the BIOS?
Got a GTX 780 and an i7 3770K with the HD 4000.
>>
No. If anything I remember that causing instability with some systems in the past.
>>
I have a question about this

Assume I disable the iGPU. If suddenly my dedicated GPU dies, can I actually boot in the BIOS and will it make any output to my monitor to reenable it again or am I screwed?
>>
>>58972131
I assume so long as the GPU isn't connected in the PCI-E slot, it'll revert to the iGPU.
>>
>>58972131
think about it a little, of course you will be fine silly goose
>>
>>58972095
>>58972131
>>58972164
>iGPU
Stop.
>>
>>58972172
I like onboard graphics better
lets get "on board" with calling it that
Ahoy!
>>
>>58972131
Or just reset the bios
>>
Just leave it alone. It doesn't do any harm. Only things you should be looking about it is how much RAM you have assigned to it (mine has like 128 MB) and not being autistic to plug your monitor to onboard video port instead of the actual GPU.
>>
>>58972242
I would just disable it, leaving it on can cause random memory allocation errors
>>
If you use a passthrough setup for virtualizing windows with a GPU, having the igpu available for linux could come in handy.
>>
>>58972916
But the 3770K doesn't have VT-D.
Can you do it without it?
>>
>>58972095
Saves energy for the sake of inestability.
>>
>>58972172
Stop showing your autism
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.