[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you a get job knowing just python? pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1479173816082.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479173816082.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
can you a get job knowing just python? pic related.
>>
>>58969473
No, if you only know Python you cant program anyway
>>
>>58969477
can you rewrite that in a manner that actually makes sense and isn't fueled by meme energy?
>>
>>58969481
Sure.

"No!".
>>
>>58969473
Depends what you can do with it.
>>
>>58969516
whatever will get me hired.
>>
>>58969530
you willing to suck dick and be used as a whore? You should apply for your local brothel
>>
>>58969567
i said i knew python not java
>>
>>58969530
Do you know how to use generators, itertools and functools, do you use comprehensions regularly, do you know Python regex, do you know Django, have you programmed anything significant in Python (that you can show to your employer)?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then no.
>>
>>58969632
does graphics programming count as showable to an employer? path tracers and verlet integration are what i've worked on for the most part.

im mainly a math/physicsfag who hopped on the coding bandwagon but wanted to learn better about python.
>>
If you "only know python" they're going to assume you barely know python and know nothing else
>>
>>58969699
what if i said i know a lot of python and im mostly comfortable with it? i've been exposed to a lot of C++ but never properly learned it due to the notion of namespaces and scope scaring the shit out of me when i was younger. i could probably go into it a bit better now but i like python a lot for its simplicity.
>>
>>58969657
I don't know what the fuck is a path tracer or a verlet integration. Do you think your employer does? If yes, then sure it is showable.

In the end it depends on what you want to work on, "coding" is a huge field. If you want to work with applied sciences / numerical shit then you're on the right path.
>>
>>58969717
i do like numerical stuff but im also big on analytical approaches involving various differential equations for heat transport and particle decay. thing is i know that my actual knowledge for coding and modify this shit (especially in geant4) is low due to my knowledge in C++ being smaller than python, and while i know 3D programming in python i dont know exactly how employers view python coders. hence why im asking. im just worried that having skills in certain areas isn't enough to give someone comfort in hiring them to code other areas.

like could i simplify knowing how to write a path tracer or verlet integration to "i made a 3D rendering system and a physics simulator"?
>>
>>58969715
>namespaces
>scope

You know, python has these too.
>>
>>58969742
people who know ur bullshiting will call up on your bullshit and people who dont know what the fuck is that wont care
>>
>>58969481
>meme energy
I feel the chi, but it's a stupid question.
>>
>>58969755
im not saying it doesn't, this was when i first learned how to code; it was with java and C++, both of which were blown the fuck out of my mind due to math work.

>>58969760
i don't want to bullshit, but i don't want to downsell myself.
>>
>no CS degree
>only knows basic python
>math/physics guy, not a self-taught hacker
>doesn't have a huge portfolio or previous professional experience
Here's an honest answer: no, you won't.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.