[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup gee so what your thoughts on this AMD? I'm a console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: jax-16.jpg (20KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
jax-16.jpg
20KB, 450x320px
Sup gee so what your thoughts on this AMD? I'm a console pleb so know jack shit about pcs.but i am a invester and the current AMD stock is like $13 and NVDA is like $118 is there any chance AMD becomes a powerhouse this year or will NVDA runn away with the market?
>>
File: 1465141392460.jpg (161KB, 1097x550px) Image search: [Google]
1465141392460.jpg
161KB, 1097x550px
>Spells Investor wrong
>Comes to a technology board to make business decisions rather than consulting people within the industry
>Expects autists to predict company profits

Get off faggot.
>>
>>58967545
Ryzen will flop, Vega will flop

>>>/biz/
>>
>>58967567
Kek so NVDA garbage and AMD just needs stud towinnthe race ay
>>
>>58967545
AMD stock used to be $2.20 as early as 6 months ago. I specifically remember debating whether I should put all my investing money into it but back then rumors were that it would go bankrupt and every """"analyst"""" with a blog was predicting AMD would die soon. Then Zen was announced and the rest is history.
>>
>>58967545
you already fucked up by not buying AMD when it was less than 2 bucks in the beginning of 2016
as a console pleb you should also know that xbox one and playstation 4 both run on AMD hardware
>>
>>58967788
Not to late or NVDA just way better than AMD
>>
>>58967788
>implying that amd announcements are ever noteworthy, let alone affect stock prices
>>
>>58967545
Here's a bit of a tip, anon. On average, people with little to no financial background will do much else than people who just buy into index funds. Hell, 3/4 of mutual funds can't even outperform the S&P 500 after fees and so on. You're better off just buying into index funds.
>>
>>58967791
I been buying and selling it all last year but have realized is this might he a future 100 dollar stock
>>
>>58967824
Do much worse*
>>
File: sam-hyde-kkk-leader-.png (209KB, 977x663px) Image search: [Google]
sam-hyde-kkk-leader-.png
209KB, 977x663px
>>58967545
They are in a position to win back a double digit percentage of gamers and enthusiasts (10-15% gain within two years I believe) they are not positioned to win large OEM contracts unfortunately. In the short term their reputation precedes them and even in best case, best value Ryzen showings the added cost of a add-in GPU is going to turn off anyone caring about the bottom line and life-of-machine support costs.
>>
>>58967788
I am actually going to buy some AMD stocks in a few days. I'm hoping Zen will blow everyone away, and if not it'll only be ~$300 so I'm not too worried if they go bust.
>>
>>58967788
Polaris was the big turning point. Pre lauch stock hovered around 2.5-3 at best and climbed rapidly thereafter. Info surrounding zen is what took it from ~5-6 to the ~13 it's at now.

I fully expect the window from launch till they confirm their first big enterprise contracts to double that value.
>>
File: derp.jpg (89KB, 493x775px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
89KB, 493x775px
AMD is behind the curve and always has been. They are currently over-valuated. Intel is about to turn some shit upside down. In the next 1-3 years, its hard to tell when shit will hit market.
>>
>>58967545
it will either plunge down to 5 after NDA lifts or goes up to 20, I wouldn't play with fire anon
>>
>>58967855
Ryzen isn't their only product. IT is their high-end CPU line where they don't expect people to need an iGPU.
For people that want an iGPU, they are producing APUs with the Zen technology.
If you need an iGPU you don't need a powerful CPU.
With some exceptions, but those exceptions are easily sorted by an entry-tier GT730 or something
>>
>>58968003
When and what is NDA
>>
File: amd for the motherland.png (13KB, 883x240px) Image search: [Google]
amd for the motherland.png
13KB, 883x240px
>>58967567
>>
>>58968048

I'm sorry but plenty of office machines need a decent CPU but not a GPU.

The fact is they are moving to slow, they have to rebuild all their inertia and that gives Intel room to maneuver.
>>
>>58967567
/thread
>>
>>58968069
are you serious? Ryzen benchmark NDA.
>>
>>58967604
Go to /biz/ faggot.
>>
>>58968089
>I'm sorry but plenty of office machines need a decent CPU but not a GPU.
Easily solved with a shit-tier GPU.

Like what is wrong with your brain.

Additionally, AMD isn't going to penetrate the office market that much because intel controls the OEMs
>>
>>58967788
the problem with amd is they're perennial losers. they have had two releases that have sustained their company for the massive lulls in between. you can almost assuredly expect another massive lull in a few years or literally any point when intel fires back.
>>
>>58968048
most integrated graphics solutions are well beyond your average $50 gpu like the gt730... except ryzen... because amd decided not to bother with one.
>>
>>58968048
as a business owner with 30 - 40 machines explain to me why i would even consider spending $400 a machine for a dedicated gpu and a top end ryzen chip when i could get a decent kaby i7 with a igpu that is roughly 40% better than the entry level dedicateds?

they're playing one market and that's a bad strategy
>>
>>58967545
AMD is still dead, why would you believe the chink tier of tech ?
>>
>>58968683
Well firstly that's actually just wrong, so you're a retard.

>>58968814
For the better CPU performance? You just said CPU performance was important.
If it isn't, get a Zen APU instead.
>>
The PS5 APU is already on silicon
Samsung will be late to PCIe 4.0
Intel is making a consumer GPU
Invest in what you will
>>
>>58967545
You are too late for this generation the Ryzan bubble is just about full, best result is it lives upto the AMD hype machine and the bubble is stable, at the other end it could be another 480 and the bubble pops.
>>
>>58967805
Nvidia is in a bubble at the moment with intel and amd hot on their ass, not saying they will fold, but if 16bit float is all that's needed for machine learning, and nvidia does not have a massive foothold in the market yet, amd with a massive fuck off 16bit float gpu known as vega could kick their shit in, but like I said, not going to likely change the stock to negative, just stop a massive growth, where as if amd get even just a foot in the door, thats a very large slice of pie they are going to get relative to current 'profits'

amd could explode, or amd could suck a massive cock for good, we will know in a year if amd got dicked by monopoly practices or entrenched software or not.
>>
>>58967892
not likely, as the enterprise cpus are shipping q2, it will likely be before the end of march though.

Ride amd cpu launch to a plateau, then announce some more about an enterprise contract, show off snowy owl, then announce some more, possibly a middle finger to intel benchmark pitting it against intel then some naples happens, along with vega for around e3, then the 2h you drip feed what everyone wants to know about the apu, and bam, you created a multi year hype train.
>>
>>58968656
post the next zen is when I would consider pulling money out as that's the end of the roadmap keller left, unless you want to bank on intel failing... and lets be honest, they have not made a single cpu arch worth a damn sense pentium 3,
>>
>>58967791
nah, the xbox and ps3 contract is for so fucking small margin its almost not worth having outside of amd used the chips to research other designs.
>>
>>58968471
>>58968089
amd looks to be putting out a 30$ shit pile gpu that is a 'just make the os run' kind of thing, an intermediary between no apu at launch and still need cpu power but no gpu.

realistically, you are not doing a heavy cpu task on a workstation anyway, you are more likely to use a vm for that.
>>
>>58968814
for one, you are not getting an i7 system for 400$
two, and let's make this clear, amds i7 equivalent is 175$ opposed to 303$ and a step up is 200$ vs 340$ (plus at least 40$ on a cpu cooler as this i7 comes with none)

Then you can take another 50-80$ off any intel motherboard, as they charge a premium for their chipsets whereas amd does not.

now you have some extra money that would have went to intel and their monopolistic prices left over for a very low end gpu to make the monitor work, possibly a higher quality motherboard so it lasts longer, and definitely a good seasonic, superflower, or corsair psu so again, shit lasts longer.

if you could make due with an i5, you are paying i3 prices for amd, so the price difference is the same.

but lets assume you need processing power,

bottom bin amd 8 core 16 thread is between locked i7 and unlocked i7, and comes with a cooler, and runs at a lower wattage while pushing intel's shit in on compute.
>>
>>58968069
nda, non disclosure agreement, can have legal action
embargo, like an nda but usually no legal action to breaking it, and if one person breaks it, usually everyone else can too.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.