[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net Neutrality Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: rms (2).jpg (137KB, 1079x450px) Image search: [Google]
rms (2).jpg
137KB, 1079x450px
The ride will be over eventually, so what comes next? Agreements between content distributors and service providers to turn internet into cable TV? Because eventually ISPs will want to extort the content providers as much as possible, to the point it wouldn't make sense to sell your content on another network, and if you do it'll be much slower anyways.

I think it's necessary to think about what will come next.
>>
>>58966018
Things get worse and worse until we're living under the boot of a dictatorship, then we start starving and we all start fucking shit up and we hang the leaders from streetlamps in the capital. This is what always happens. Have you ever picked up a history book?

>government is formed to provide order
>things go ok for a while
>leaders abuse power
>people go hungry
>people overthrow the government
>a new and "better" government is set up
>repeat

It's one infinite loop XD
>>
>>58966201
But these have nothing to do with net neutrality. I mean net neutrality may play a part in it, but in the end it doesn't describe the status of the internet.
>>
>>58966228
>so what comes next?
I answered this.

Net neutrality getting fucked is the least of our worries right now.
>>
>>58966018
What comes next is total monopolies on everything you do. From what you eat, where you buy your food, the gas you buy to drive to the grocery store, to pretty much everything else
>>
>>58966246
It's the first thing to go
>>
Orwell already gave us the conclusion.

Oligarchal Collectivism.
>>
>>58966246
>>58966303
What comes next as in what comes next for the internet.
>>
>>58966201
>we hang the leaders from streetlamps in the capital.
Not this time, do you really think you can even compete with a literal all-seeing eye (google and nsa aided by your beloved smartphone you willfully bought), weapons dozens of times more advanced and powerful than in the past, a sea of disinformation and a shitload of drones? Please, this time we're fucked, it's over. People have had chances to reverse the course for years and instead keep the ball rolling. I really hope I don't live long enough to see the future world.
>>
>>58966367
Meant this >>58966371
>>
File: 1362022932779.jpg (2MB, 950x7583px) Image search: [Google]
1362022932779.jpg
2MB, 950x7583px
>>58966367
There is no hope, it's already happening.
>>
>>58966201
>>58966303
Can you people at least come to a conclusion as to whether ridding of net neutrality is going to end in a fascist, police-state, dictatorship or corporate monopolies?
>>
>>58966497
One of them. Either Brave New World or 1984, they reach different conclusions and treat special snowflakes differently but both stem from the same idea.
>>
>>58966449
this image is shit because [spoiler]they were both right; none of these methods are mutually exclusive
>>
>>58966562
Brave New World for first world countries and rich people, 1984 for vassal states and poorer communities of first world countries.
>>
>>58966399
>this time it's different!
They've been saying that for millennia now. Google sets up an algorithm to automatically dronestrike people who trigger a "rebellious" flag? I guarantee you it's avoidable and exploitable. They hire interns to sift through petabytes of data to do the same thing? There's a reason it's called human error.
>>58966497
>there's a difference
epic :D
>>
>>58966630
>Google sets up an algorithm to automatically dronestrike people who trigger a "rebellious" flag?
Almost sure the NSA does put you on a watchlist though. If they don't bomb you it's because they have an eye on you so no need for now.

>I guarantee you it's avoidable and exploitable.
I guarantee only the most gifted ones have the ability to do so, surely not you, and you forget everyone around you carries a spying device to check their idiotic social networks and share shit memes.

>They hire interns to sift through petabytes of data to do the same thing? There's a reason it's called human error.
You're right about this, for now but we don't know what the future will be like. Even if some rebels slip through that won't be enough to make a difference.
>>
With enough resistance, who knows?
https://youtu.be/3boeX1Wp7oE
>>
>>58966562
>>58966630
So you are literally saying that when the government removes regulations which give more power to government agencies that it's a step towards a totalitarian, fascist dictatorship?
>>
>>58966568
no one said they could not be both right
>>
>right referring to Orwell constantly every time the democrats do something
>Trump runs
>Left constantly making star wars or harry fucking potter references
>Trump elected
>NOW they all rush out to grab some Orwell
God damn. Regardless, you're all fucking stupid

Ted Kaczynski had it right. Technological advancement inevitably brings control and loss of freedoms. Until you destroy technology, you'll continually see everything that censors and restricts freedom.
>>
>>58967621
I honestly wanted this discussion to be about net neutrality and its future, but people like you turned it into a political discussion as you do with everything since Trump got into politics.
>>
>>58967636
Yes. There was no political tension everywhere before Trump.

And Net Neutrality is great. It feels so great to be an intellectual who supports legislation without knowing what it actually says but the politicians told me it was to fight corporations and protect online freedom!
>>
>>58967667

>it was to fight corporations and protect online freedom!
That's exactly what NN is.
>>
>>58967686
:^)
>>
>>58967667
So when the NN is gone what prevents ISPs from completely shutting down websites that don't pay them and turn internet into cable TV? I don't think it's that far fetched.
>>
>>58967735

>prevents ISPs from completely shutting down websites that don't pay them and turn internet into cable TV?

Because delivering websites costs almost nothing, nor do website extort ISP's to access their content.

Do you realize cable tv "packages" exist because of the content distributors, not the cable/dish companies.
>>
>>58967506
The picture literally says that at the end.
>>
File: a4f.jpg_large.jpg (112KB, 843x959px) Image search: [Google]
a4f.jpg_large.jpg
112KB, 843x959px
>>58967822
>>58967667
>>58967706
Of course. Now that the FCC is run by a literal ISP shill with proven ties to Verizon, I am to believe that it will finally take measures that are actually to our benefit and not just in the best interest of ISPs.

Net neutrality is evil, trust me anon, this Verizon lawyer called Ajit Pai told me so!
>>
>Comcast, AT&T Are Paying Minority Groups To Support Killing Net Neutrality

https://www.techdirt.com/blog/netneutrality/articles/20170213/14460536703/comcast-att-are-paying-minority-groups-to-support-killing-net-neutrality.shtml

/pol/tards will defend this
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.