[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

work thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1479671067370.png (1MB, 994x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1479671067370.png
1MB, 994x1033px
Software developers of /g/. What is your daily work like and what tools/languages do you use? Any tips for getting into that field?
>>
>maintain/improve software for data acquisition system in a lab and fuck around with databases from time to time
>visual studio 2010 - 2015
>c++, c#, occasionally python
>i just got lucky, i have a mech eng degree and am a self taught programmer, but they laid off a shit ton of people where i work and there was a chance for me to get into software development and i did a decent enough job they let me keep doing it. i would assume a cs degree would help
>>
>>58965190
That looks extremely painful
>>
It's not even turned on.
>>
File: 1473452034683.jpg (116KB, 639x746px) Image search: [Google]
1473452034683.jpg
116KB, 639x746px
Stupid homie. Do it the right way.
>>
>What is your daily work like
Depends on the day. Some days I have a ton of stuff I want to accomplish and need to work on, some days I stare at my screen for 8 hours and then go home.
The former is why I love my job; the latter is why I hate my job.

>what tools/languages do you use?
C#, Java, SQL
Visual Studio, IntelliJ, SQL Developer

>Any tips for getting into that field?
Find an internship, and find a more senior developer there who is willing to mentor you.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Know what you know and know what you don't know. Don't be afraid to say "I don't know."
Learn how to solve problems on your own. Learn how to research. Practice your Googlefu and learn the art of skimming Stackoverflow threads.
>>
>>58965190
>nigga too busy keepin his eye on the streets he doesn't notice his third degree burns
>>
>>58965590
for you
>>
>>58965190
Why do they keep taking photos like that? Do they not know? The nig nog seems like he knows.
I feel like the photographer is trolling everyone with these setups.
>>
>>58965190
>most of the time spent coding
>occasional meetings with manager and other developers
>regular stand-up meetings
>languages used: apex, jquery, ruby, html/css, git, atom
>no degree, got job using portfolio of my programming projects
>>
>>58968449
>languages used:
>jquery
>git, atom
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.