[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any CPU purchasing sites that let you enter in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (86KB, 840x820px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
86KB, 840x820px
are there any CPU purchasing sites that let you enter in the apps and programs you usually run to let you see how efficient a CPU will perform?

meaning you could select a browser and how many tabs you might have open, plus other apps and whether you're also streaming HD video and how many monitors ect...

rather than just baseless "single and multithreaded benchmarks"
>>
>>58963569
That depends on the level of the user. Some bloat their system. Also, don't ditch single-threaded benchmarks, because multithreaded benchmarking is where most of the stupidity occurs, e.g. if a game uses ALL threads at 100% there is nothing telling you if it did it efficiently, because you might be flooding it with inefficient occurrences of mutex locks.
>>
>>58963599

this is entirely as a power user / workbench not gaming

i already know 16 gigs of memory (to allot some to the IGP at the mobo level) is needed

but i want to find out if the 1151 kabylake Celeron or Pentiums would actually be more than enough, my i3-4170 seemed kinda overkill but not sure
>>
>>58963569
No you cuck. As a grown man(woman) you should know whats what by using your intelligence and knowledge. Fucking retard.
>>
>>58963699
>i already know 16 gigs of memory (to allot some to the IGP at the mobo level) is needed
That is not true. You have to derive the specific application requires it. e.g. Video Montage methods in general can use even 128Gigabytes, but most applications could even find 4GB enough, because if you already focus their Window, they don't really use any other RAM, like OS caching.

Actually, for many people, it's more optimal to go 8GB but FASTER 8GB.

Sure, 16GB isn't an extremity so I'm not gonna object to that, but a lot of kids go like 32GB of slow memory when their game would run like 10% faster (not kidding) if they went 8GB of much faster memory.
>>
>>58963862

i know 16 because when i had 8 i was routinely in 6-7 gigs

because again, atleast 1 gig is set to the IGP (which was the max for my haswell board, id give more ifpossible)

and buying a 8 and 4 dimm seems stupid, 16 makes sense cause if 1 died i could still function properly at just 8

this is merely by looking at task manager during my older builds before buying the next, and taking a rough guestimate of what my CPU and RAM usage was during intense sessions

when i upgraded to haswell over a year ago the CPU usage of my core 2 quad 8300 was actually more than suitable but replacing 755 items was too expensive

so now its all about reducing heat output which is why kabylake is now interesting me over haswell
>>
>>58963569

so it he answer no?

i mean they have PSU usage calculators but why not cpu's
>>
>>58963599

is 100% CPU usage a bad thing then?

i was always under the impression that if its 100% then its literally flooded with the current task which causes delays

the perfect scenario for me is to never reach a point where the UI is stuttering or unresponsive and can always quickly navigate without issue, but not severely overkill

but i also dont want my fucking room to have a 80 deg heater in it, which my 1150 haswell was and it was just the i3-4170

atleast with this shitbox in the OP its actually fairly competent, can stream 720p videos easily but once i start getting too many tabs open it lags, how ever its like a 20 TPD cpu so literally no heat

trying to decide on either the 3930 celeron or the 5350 sempron
>>
>>58964469
Not necessarily. For example, a lot of games and mainly FPS and FPS-derived games go through a global loop of everything they do which also governs their FPS itself, and as a result they also use 100% of at least one core no matter what they do and that's not necessarily problematic for the game itself.
However, there is a simple trick to make the game go VERY low CPU while also looking much better with very minor drawbacks, VSYNC. The FPS is locked to a value identical to the vertical refresh of the monitor and as a result and if the game is run fast enough, the global look ITSELF of the game code internally has to run slower but without NEEDING to go faster so the system is extremely more responsive for all other tasks, and the CPU will die much later.
It's generally a stupid idea to not use VSYNC for that reason alone, let alone the visual advantages (unless you have GSYNC or FreeSync of course) because the latency advantages are probably never worth it, AND it's probably worse for human gaming performance too if you get desyncing artifacts.
>>
>>58964425

>phoneposters
>>
File: 9-18-10-intel600.jpg (71KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
9-18-10-intel600.jpg
71KB, 600x392px
>>58963569
What's the problem bro? Just download more RAM and get an Intel(tm) upgrade code.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.