[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Protecting from Spies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: networksecurity.jpg (220KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
networksecurity.jpg
220KB, 800x600px
I want to start my own business helping protecting people from hackers/spies. I have been working in IT for years. I have always wanted to work in the Computer Security field but when I was 21 I had a bad night that has cost me a lot in regards to dealing with background checks and such. It was only 1 event but the cops got 'creative' with the charges as my lawyer put it. I was made an example of. It happened 12 years ago as of next month.
Has anyone ever had to deal with a similar situation? This is the reason I think I should go into business for myself. I am very confident in my own abilities and I know my shit. I have been hired several times until people see the incident on my record. Then they rescind the offer. It is gut wrenching every time I try to get a new job. If you have any advice I would be eternally grateful!
>>
>>58962710
If you're entering your mid thirties with no prior experience or skills in the industry, please do not start a company selling security.

Get yourself a job and learn it inside and out while getting paid and experienced.

Selling security without the requisite skills is firstly unethical and damaging to the profession, but worse, will lead you to embarrassment and ruination when another lawyer gets creative with liability after you failed to live up to standard.
>>
>>58962710
just stop being a faggot,

just go do it anon.
>>
File: monk1.jpg (156KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
monk1.jpg
156KB, 1000x667px
>>58962710

please do it anon, i dont want this guy to spy on my phone
>>
>>58963036
>good advice on 4chan
wtf are you doing man?
no.
just... no.
>>
>>58962710
>If you have any advice I would be eternally grateful!
Get the charges (I assume felony) expunged. Next.
>>
>>58962710
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>58963095
Oh, shit, uhhh install gentoo
>>
>>58962710
Can you get the records expunged?
How much experience do you have in network and/of hardware security?
>>
>>58963113
Can't speak for the US, but in the UK you must declare even expunged convictions, of all severities
>>
>>58963160
What's the point of getting something expunged if you still have to report it? Seems to defeat the purpose.
>>
>>58963189
Because what the government needs to know for high level security jobs isn't the same as what Walmart needs to know for a cashier job
>>
>>58963239
Considering he has literally never worked in compsec before, I doubt he's going to be applying for security clearance any time soon.
>>
>>58963260
Given that he said he wants to work in security but he's failing background checks, it's hard to tell. He also hasn't said what it is they actually were convicted of, rightly or wrongly
>>
>>58963291
>he's failing background checks
Googling a person's criminal record barely even qualifies as a background check, getting actual security clearance from the government at any level is an intensive process and a pain in the ass.

The point is, while expunged might not mean "gone forever" it might mean "doesn't show up after 5 seconds in google" which is enough for a bottom of the barrel compsec job.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.