[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

27 years of development...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage(39).jpg (76KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(39).jpg
76KB, 1280x1024px
27 years of development...
>>
>>58960681
>basement dwellers
>development
>>
I set up a SSH honeypot running Hurd once, most bots don't work and on the occasion when it's a real person it's funny watching them feel confused as to why their malware doesn't work properly.
>>
>>58960681
I would still use.

Do you hear me Stallman, hurry up!!!!
>>
>>58961333
>I set up a SSH honeypot running Hurd once,

how did you do it? just set up ssh with a weak root password?
>>
>>58960681
Actually I wonder what will come after linux. The kernel is bloated and is okay because of the hardware improvement.
I wonder if we are going to need something new one day, with another design
>>
>>58962789
isn't just the "generic" kernel bloated? i though that if you need a kernel for a specific embedded hardware you just compile it with the required modules and there is no bloat, and that the same can be done with desktops if you really need better boot times etc.
>>
>tfw there's no such thing as the GNU operating system
i'll only accept it when there's an OS running Hurd/Mach, with dmd and all the GNU utils ONLY
>>
>>58960681
TURD
>>
>>58960681

people write kernels now in Rust in a year, imagine how pathetic the hurd devs must feel like now
>>
>>58962789
The next thing for Linux is probably going to a dynamic kernel. Start with a prebuilt one and compile a new hardware specific kernel with each update. Frankly I'm surprised there isn't already a package for APT and DNF that does this already.
>>
>>58960681
And they don't even have sound support. It really goes to show how worthless GNU really is. Linux could do just fine without it.
>>
hurd is very strict on its software sources

we require that its more GNU then linux

we have no exeption in our beliefs and philosophy

it must remain truely free

that is why the process is slow

we are building for the future generations

it will always be protected from corporations or copyright

(its copyleft)
>>
>>58963029
I don't think future generations will need unstable shitty code that is not fit for any real world tasks, especially if future hardware will move to something totally different.
You would need extreme amounts of money for hurd to catch up with linux or bsd, and this is just catching up, while they will get developed in the meantime.
>>
>>58962957
>imagine how pathetic C programmers must feel like now
FTFY
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.