[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the greatest hack you ever pulled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 36

File: 1348121749647.jpg (18KB, 428x469px) Image search: [Google]
1348121749647.jpg
18KB, 428x469px
What's the greatest hack you ever pulled?
>>
>>58957955
That time I pulled out my cock and hacked your moms vagina.
>>
>>58958016
fpbp
>>
>>58958016
2edgy4me
>>
>>58957955
Bypassing DeepFreeze on the school computers, and installing Halo on most of them.

My friend got caught and suspended. Was pretty funny now looking back at it.
>>
>>58958016
when you were hacking op's mom I did a bruteforce on your mom, grandma and lil'sis.

'all their clits belongs to us'
>>
That one time I've actually hacked the Gibson. Shit was cash.
>>
What happened to that poster who always used to follow up his hacks with 'deploy acid burn'?
>>
>>58957955
rooting a hypervisor because the control api was behind some IBM piece of shit rev proxy which did kerberos/basic auth but the API was still directly accessible and they didn't use the verify uri that the rev proxy sent.

basically sent headers like USER: some_cool_admin
GROUPS: cool_ad_groups

and was able to set a ssh key for root on all the hypervisor and vms.
>>
>>58957955
Installing Linux
>>
>>58958508
also a hacker protip.

look for dipshits with macs because usually they don't lock their machines, probably because there is no "lock" for macs other than suspending it with a lid close.

it's super easy to do all sorts of corporate espionage with them since they have all the basic terminal utilities as well.
>>
File: 1461631961699.jpg (382KB, 1920x1560px) Image search: [Google]
1461631961699.jpg
382KB, 1920x1560px
>>58957955
One time my friend left the room to go to the washroom and left his Facebook open so I hacked his status haha xD
>>
Loaded sub7 on my friend's pc so when he wasn't responding on icq (usually in full screen game) I could open his cd drive to get his attention.
There was also the time I said I could get on another friend's pc, he said no way. This was when everyone used hubs instead of routers so I accessed his pc through smb and put a txt document on his desktop showing him how to shutdown that access (as well as randomly trolling through everyone's computers in the neighbourhood).
Security was shit in the 90's..
>>
>>58958608
woah
>>
>>58958337
We had a similar thing happen. Someone had installed Halo, and put a school wide Hamachi Minecraft server that everyone in the school could get on
>>
I went to lunch with some GNU fans, and was sitting down to eat some tteokpaekki (*), when a waitress set down six chopsticks right in front of me. It occurred to me that perhaps these were meant for three people, but it was more amusing to imagine that I was supposed to use all six. I did not know any way to do that, so I realized that if I could come up with a way, it would be a hack. I started thinking. After a few seconds I had an idea.

First I used my left hand to put three chopsticks into my right hand. That was not so hard, though I had to figure out where to put them so that I could control them individually. Then I used my right hand to put the other three chopsticks into my left hand. That was hard, since I had to keep the three chopsticks already in my right hand from falling out. After a couple of tries I got it done.

Then I had to figure out how to use the six chopsticks. That was harder. I did not manage well with the left hand, but I succeeded in manipulating all three in the right hand. After a couple of minutes of practice and adjustment, I managed to pick up a piece of food using three sticks converging on it from three different directions, and put it in my mouth.
>>
File: 1484275364527.gif (482KB, 387x368px) Image search: [Google]
1484275364527.gif
482KB, 387x368px
>>58957955
i got someone's password by using a man in the middle attack. turned out all the accounts used it, so I monitored that person for years until double authentication systems became widespread
>>
Someone in our apartment building had plugged the LAN port of their router into the ethernet wall socket which made the router act as a secondary DHCP server in the network, thus making the network unusable for those that happened to get their DHCP settings from said router. By checking the default gateway and using some combination of the usual default usernames and passwords to log into the router I managed to either disable the DHCP server or turn of the router and restore the network into working condition. Also took the time to clear and disable logging on the router before pulling off my devious hack.
>>
>>58959003
I know you were going for edgy ironic randomness, but you simply managed to be cringy.
End thyself
>>
I made myself admin of a 4chan clone, because the guy never changed the default vichan password. He made me a mod, but nobody visits the site.
>>
>>58957955
fucked up a wifi AP with a rogue DHCP server. people got "bad" IPs and no router/DNS server data from me, preventing them from using the internet.
>>
>>58959233
It didn't become easy—for practical purposes, using two chopsticks is completely superior. But precisely because using three in one hand is hard and ordinarily never thought of, it has "hack value", as my lunch companions immediately recognized. Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking.

I later told the Korea story to a friend in Boston, who proceded to put four chopsticks in one hand and use them as two pairs—picking up two different pieces of food at once, one with each pair. He had topped my hack. Was his action, too, a hack? I think so. Is he therefore a hacker? That depends on how much he likes to hack.
>>
>>58958970
>School wide hamachi
Thats lan,
>>
>>58959296
>>58959003
>>58959233
pretty sure that's a stallman copypasta
>>
i used a trainer in diablo and pk'd some nerds
>>
The doors at my high school had magnetic locks, teachers/staff had cards so they could get access. In *theory* this meant that the school could enforce fine-grained security: teacher X teaches in rooms R1 and R2 at times T1 and T2, so no other access at those times (or access to those rooms outside of those times) is permitted; only the janitor has access to room R3, etc. You get the idea.

In reality, of course, the administration was too lazy to bother with setting the entire scheme up properly and just gave everyone permission to everything.

As it happens, copying a magnetic card is easier than it seems. Didn't actually ever do anything wrong with it, but it felt great to have the power to unlock all the doors.
>>
File: 2016-11-24 - 16.16.02 ~ capture.png (207KB, 820x580px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-24 - 16.16.02 ~ capture.png
207KB, 820x580px
a friend asked if i want to know his habbo hotel password, I said no so then he wrote it on my hand with a permanent marker. I said I'd never use it and when I got home from school, I stole all his furniture and shared it with another friend of mine, only to tell this hacked friend that I have no idea who could've taken his stuff.
>>
Removing icloud from a lockediphon e
>>
File: computer-kid.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
computer-kid.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
>>58957955
changing the wallpaper of our school's locked down desktops by choosing the "set as wallpaper" option under file in mspaint
>>
>>58958608
DEVILISH
E
V
I
L
I
S
H
>>
>>58957955
Not really a hack - opening ports on my schools network, then flooding them. Sent their website (self-hosted) and internet services offline for a weekend. (Left a usb plugged into the back of the teachers PC in the lab w/ a running script).
>>
>>58957955
Got suspend when lid closed working properly on my laptop in Lubuntu.
>>
>>58958556
>there is no "lock" for macs
yes there is, you fucking retard
>>
>>58959920
note I said probably.

I'm not a dumb mac turd though so thanks for that useless info.
>>
>>58959957
Are all winbabby's this fucking stupid?
>>
File: 1486405848481.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1486405848481.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>58958016
Mashallah Brother.
My swedish Brothers approve.
>>
>>58959977
ya clearly I'm a winbabby that's why I was able to root a bunch of KVM (GNU/Linux) hypervisors at my shitty work.

windows is worse than hitler.
>>
>>58959347
Jesus fuck that's why it was scratching the back of my mind.
I had to read a paper by that fat fuck, I hated every single word of it
>>
>>58957955
recovered HDD that was not seen by BIOS with dos software:not hacking just fuckin around trying to sell old shit to normies
>>
I broke into wifi of several neighbours, then canceled my broadband subscription and continued using theirs through a vpn.

I noticed the receipt printer in a cafe is on the same network as wifi for guests; it also had that port open that accepts any text and prints it, so I printed out some swastikas and they tried to reset it.
>>
>>58958343
>'All your base are belong to us'

Ya fucked up somewhere kid!
>>
>>58957955
These aren't really hacks but computer stories I'm proud of. From furthest back to most recent:

In high school during typing class I would finish my assignments then code in qbasic, making the screen flash rainbow colors. The teacher got PISSED at me and forbid me from using qbasic in class, even for actual assignments.

Later on in high school I dos'd my friends tripod page by setting a web scraper to download the contents over and over. Then I went over to the friend's house. They wanted to blame me so bad but I was just sitting there, apparently doing nothing.

When I worked for this one big company I was able to get the local admin password using that windows recovery live CD. Not that impressive but it cut down our calls to main IT by like half.

Went to a friend's apartment when they couldn't afford wifi. Spent about 8 hours cracking WEP (this was really early on in WEP cracking) and got the password for them. They used that internet for about a year.

My mom couldn't afford internet either so I did the same thing but using a DD-WRT router and my neighbor's open Wifi. When I started having trouble connecting I waited until the connection cleared up then installed DD-WRT on their router and boosted the signal strength. Definitely the sketchiest thing I've ever done.

Honestly the majority of "hacks" I've done mostly just involve getting a password in a sneaky way.
>>
>>58959003
So you turned yourself into the human claw game, instead of a stuffed animal your prize was mystery meat. Good job.
>>
Got into a bunch of celebs iclouds and leaked a ton of their nudes
>>
i had access the the network on the school computers so is you right clicked on computers in the network tab you could log into other computers on the network. if someone was logged on, they would be logged off.if i logged onto a designated teachers computer,i had admin privileges so i installed wireshark. i couldn't use it but i didn't delet it. i also was looking around the folders for my year and i found some test results that i saved in my documents. my friend also knew my password and saved some nazi/9/11/jew shit. it wasn't good when i got found out.

good times.
>>
>>58960055
They're not supposed to put their whole arms on the ground, just the palms.
>>
>>58958337
Care to explain how? I'm pretty sure there's a bounty available to anybody who can bypass DeepFreeze. LARP better.
>>
>>58957955
found ways to get into private galleries on some now defunct social networks for the noodz
>>
>>58957955
This one time I made one of my highschool computers' disc drives repeatedly open and close.
>>
>>58959577
can you tell me how?

t. Jamal
>>
File: richard-stallman.jpg (251KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
richard-stallman.jpg
251KB, 1200x1200px
>>58957955
>be me
>go around multiple places talking about the the big three being evil corporations, who is only aftet your data for their own benefit
>start revolution
>achieve god status
>start meme
>forever a legend
>mfw
>>
>>58957955
I ported quake3 to x86_64. The ioquake3 code did compile already, but, the vm code that run the mods still had assembler code in x86 only (the mods were compiled just-in-time from automatically generated x86 assembler code). I had to learn some basic x86 and x86_64 assembly to do that and I was pretty damn happy when I managed it.
It wasn't extremely hard to be honest, and I could have learned more, because the code was not too extensive.
>>
File: debian.png (81KB, 1028x1270px) Image search: [Google]
debian.png
81KB, 1028x1270px
>>58957955
I hax0red the RNP.
>>
File: 1487032430177.jpg (45KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1487032430177.jpg
45KB, 567x567px
>>58960305
>installing DD-WRT on the neighbors router
You fucking win this thread for me
>>
File: 1398137785095.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1398137785095.gif
2MB, 400x250px
Holding down a dev job for 3 years
>>
>>58963259
You deserve a nerd award or something
>>
There was a total dipshit of a kid on a mailing list I was on. At the time most systems were still pretty open security wise, or at least enough I could finger accounts on remote machines. That gave me his father's name (account was actually for his business,) I found their home address in the phone book; this was before the web was a thing. Printed up all the kid's posts, then had a friend in another state mail the envelope anonymously (no return address.)

A week later the kid stopped posting, and even when he did return, there was a different tone to his writing.

>Hi, Sean!
>>
>>58963963
Almost nobody gave a shit back then. Though I also worked on a ioquake3 version for urban terror.
But it wasn't really anything an actual pro couldn't find relatively straightforward.
I expect an actual expert on assembly could do it in like 10 minutes.
>>
>got the password to my school's wifi, shared it, needless to say it was hidden from devices soon after
>Rooted my friends tablet and overclocked the processor
>Something else but I forgot
>>
>>58958016
topkek
>>
>>58961084
boot to linux and rename null.sys to deepfrz.sys
are you stupid or something?
>>
>>58957955

instead of

if(value % 2 == 0)

i did

if(value & 0x01)
>>
HACK THE PLANET!
>>
>>58963911
top kek
>>
arp spoofing in high school. got the school ftp password and drew moustaches on the students in the header photo.
>>
>>58959233
OMG LE CRINGGEEED SO HAAARDDD XDDD POSTED ON LE /R/CRINGE :((((

fuck off newfaggot
>>
>>58964288
this was also before gmail redirected to https. got some teacher's personal email accounts. looking back I should have downloaded everything in there and looked for nudes.
>>
>>58957955
hacking my PSP
>>
I hacked my fridge.
>>
When I was 10 I made a Pokemon Ruby ROM hack. It quickly devolved into pure retardation. I had just discovered that you could type a female pokemon character's name into google and get risque results back, so you can imagine the kind of mindset I was in.
>>
>>58957955
by far not my greatest, actually skiddie shit, but this one is probably worth mentioning

back in the days when the fxp/race scene was still a thing it was a "normal" thing to just do mass scans for vulnerable sql servers to use for distributing stuff. in one of my scans i got a mysql server which was used as backend for some american police website and it had some section with something like a wanted list and i had full access to the database. i guess everyone can imagine what happened next...
they changed all pictures and names back the next day the sql server wasn't accessable from remote anymore.
>>
I opened up cmd on a school computer
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 260x194px
>at interview for java programming job
>asks me to do the "fizzbuzz" code test
>google "fizzbuzz java" and copy/paste result right infront of him
>congratz anon, you got the job

This is how easy it is to code.
>>
some Russian kid posting php source code for his website on github, full of
query("SELECT * FROM Users WHERE username = '$Login'"); 
so I go on his site and dump the dB, for some reason he stores the password to some WordPress sites on there which I use to login to the admin page, proceed to replace a plugins source with a meterpreter reverse TCP connection, gain reverse shell, turns out it's all hosted on an iMac, use an exploit to elevate to root. proceed to place random crap on his desktop and also hide the backdoor.
>>
>>58960305

> I was able to get the local admin password using that windows recovery live CD.

Is that still a thing? I boot off a Hiren's CD and change the Administrator password, but being able to decrypt the one IT used would help me stay under the radar.
>>
>purchase wireless trackball mouse with low-profile USB receptor
>discreetly plug into the back of teacher's computer
>wait until he uses the projector
>flip on the mouse in my pocket
>move the cursor just a little
>make him click an ad
>wait a few minutes
>he walks out for a sec
>navigate to on-screen keyboard
>type in "2 girls 1 cup" into Google
>lose my nerve
>shut off computer in stead
>class is laughing hysterically
>pretty much everyone knows it's me
>teacher follows their eyes to me
>he can't prove it but is suspicious of me for the rest of my time at the school
>never had the balls to go get the USB receptor
worth the laughs
>>
Our school uses lubuntu on the older machines.
People sometimes use those pc for logging on dropbox
I got root access througt single user mode
I used an Arduino to inject a script wich installed a keylogger and removed all the logfiles
Alla the pcs send the keylog to one machine using SCP
I download it with an USB stick sometimes
I wanted to blackmail some grills, but so far no luck.
Maybe it's beacuse my school is 95℅ male
>>
>>58957955
i installed gentoo
>>
>be me
>be in elementary school
>go to m8s comp
>press [PRNT SCREEN] on clean desktop
>go to paint
>paste picture
>save
>set the pic as background
>go to taskmanager
>end explorer.exe
>run away and wait
>look at him squirm while pressing all the "icons"
Haxed to the max
>>
File: xpview.jpg (190KB, 771x693px) Image search: [Google]
xpview.jpg
190KB, 771x693px
>>58957955
>Be 12
>School has a fairly basic network setup between 5 big buildings
>about 2002 so security wasn't really considered back then but they did try
>can see all network resources in directory search (printers, comps, servers, the usual lark)
>everything seemingly locked down
>use 'folder explore' and see all server shares available to teachers
>notice a databasing program of some sort similar to access
>moments later all student's parents addresses and telephone numbers all set to a local pizza place

>stupidly got caught not knowing about access logs in shared drives / dirs
>deny all happening for an hour, head teacher screams at me that I used the program and screamed the name of the program, as well as how it works for some reason - realize I'm being setup to an extent but couldnt prove otherwise (just me and him in a room which in its self was questionable)
>continue denial but seriously holding back my laughter at how they are spazzing about it all and obviously didnt have the appropriate mirroring setup to restore
>mum is called in.
>"why did you do that??!!?!" - I didn't do nuffin.

Suspended for two weeks, holy shit this is like a little holiday, granted I was 'grounded' but watching TV and chilling all day was better than any school day.

>2 year BAN on using any computer system in school.
>6 months in, they're realizing I need to use a machine for work in IT, cad and business classes.
>new headmaster is one of those 'give them a second chance guys' and got a masters in IT/Comms
>lets me use his account (with him logging in beforehand) - after the 3rd time ofcourse I saw his password and took advantage of his forgiving nature.

>access to IP cams (shiny and new on the market at the time), maglocks, allover the school, the administrative godlike power was mine to behold.

Created administrative users for all my friends and a few ones to sell
>£20 per account, not bad for a 12yo
>made about £200

one of many stories.

>Another?
>>
>>58967675
>℅
So we meet again.
>>
>>58957955
I managed do sue Apple for an iPhone that wasnt even mine (got broken because I fucked up with usb port) and won.
>>
>>58959233
Wow. Such newfag
>>
>>58959342
This. Why use Hamachi in local network? That's retarded.
>>
>>58960055
tack du brosan!!!! :DDDD min kuk gick i min mama också!
>>
This was mostly passive, but
>leave CD-RWs with porn and other stuff on them in the computer room
>dumb kid thinks he can steal them
>puts them in home computer
>you know what happens now
>kid claims it's not his porn, still gets grounded
>returns the CD-RWs to computing teacher
>I tell him that boy and his friends have been downloading porn there all day, he probably burned it himself
>get CD-RWs back
>never see the kid again

This was back in school when everybody only had shit home connections, so we usually burned our shit on CDs.
>>
nice little bump for alice
>>
>>58969062
More
>>
File: george-lucas-featured.jpg (161KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-featured.jpg
161KB, 618x412px
>>58957955
Star Wars Episode 3
>>
>>58968809
Kek I did something like this too. Devilish as fuck.
>>
>>58964164
What does it take to port something from one ISA to another? I always figured going from x86 to x86_64 would be a huge overhaul, but it sounds like you did it without too much trouble. Do you know if it would be more or less work to port something to a completely different ISA like ARM or RISC? I'm just starting out learning assembly.
>>
>>58958016
xDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
When I was 15 I asked someone on IRC what "his favourite thing" was. He answered 'nintendo' and it turned out to be his password.
Some people have really bad concepts of passwording.
>>
changed a SSID name.
random coffee shop forgot to change the router password from default.
>>
>write simple as shit self destruct batch file
>it just makes windows Delet itself and writes a bunch of nonsense to cache until it crashes
>on restart, the OS is gone and the boot drive is fucked
>put on usb
>tell retard friend I can break computers with it
>he takes it and individually runs it on every computer in the school, fucking around 50ish hard drives
>deep freeze wasn't set up right and all backups are lost
>gets caught
>legitimately fucking thinks he hacked the school mainframe
>he gets suspended for a week

6th grade was fun. Windows xp was comfy. So many holes.
>>
>>58957955
>What's the greatest hack you ever pulled?

I created a single line of code so good that it condensed into one line the previous 10 lines of code and it was the best mathematical algorithm I have ever created. Other programmers who looked at the code agreed it was like a poem a program that was so precise, so lean, and minimalist that it really was art and science and maths rolled into one
I worked 5 days on that one program and when I finished it and looked at what I created I actually cried with knowledge that the whole program could not possibly be made more succinct, could not be pared back any further, that it was poetry
>>
>>58970353
Post it faggot.
>>
>>58970367
it was well over a decade ago. in fact 14 years ago. I dont have the program any longer. It was written in assembly language using mnemonic code and formed part of a game that I created
>>
File: 11385625.jpg (8KB, 286x271px) Image search: [Google]
11385625.jpg
8KB, 286x271px
>>58957955
>I just thought of a stupid one someone could try.
Camp out near a WAP you want to get the password for.
Bring your own router and set the SSID the same as the one you want to hack. Wait for the owner to try and connect to your one and listen to the password he tries to use.

Could be months, would only be useful for neighbours.
>>
>>58964246
What was the school?
I need to know what tier of stupid the IT department you were working against was.

Also, some chickenshit shared the school's wifi back when I was a junior (several years ago) with basically everyone and I couldn't get around to cracking the rest of the school's SSIDs until it was gone.
>>
File: goty.jpg (126KB, 710x533px) Image search: [Google]
goty.jpg
126KB, 710x533px
>>58969803

1/2
>Be about 13 now, half way through b&
>not long following initial incident so still under suspicion from all adults around any computer
For my sins I was forced to talk with the IT guy about how I 'hacked the school' I said I didn't know and still that it wasn't me - denial was consistent but still no one believed me.

>During lunch and breaks was able to use a machine in the library (they weren't informed of my ban) and life went on
>bored of playing shitty flash games from steakandcheese, miniclip and the like. We need something more immersive- Unreal tournament being my favourite game at the time
>hatch a plan with a friend to get it on a shared drive/folder and ensure access for all (dat Guevara-esq feel)

>Bring in UT on CD one day, compressed into "english-coursework.zip"
>Think ahead a little and learned from my mistake, made sure it was in a room where the IP cams (PTZ type) were certainly watching all who entered & left but chose a room which had two entrances
>Simply turn the camera a few degrees towards the center of the room with the left door only visible as I entered from the right (as not to tell if it had been moved)

Boot up a machine and login as admin (we had a solo tech managing it all- Rob, a nice guy but not one that could handle all the teenage hyjinx 'ie typing rob is gay' when we knew he was watching us on some version of VNC - lost his shit once but that's another story)

>drop it in a shared folder and using a final year student's account & ensure it can't be traced back to me or others
>think that I could do better to hide it but meh
>A few days pass and no one is the wiser, friends now coping zip from shared folder

A week or so passes
>go to copy zipped UT but nothing in the folder
>someone has deleted it and there's talk among the teachers of pupils sharing games on the student folders
>Suspicion everywhere and they all of course think it's me.
>>
>>58971128
Nice, did something similar to that at 13 with another game, but I also hosted a server for the game. Turns out that server was still running 4 years after I graduated but it was someone else who was running it.
>>
>>58968809
I did this too, but instead of killing the explorer.exe, I just set the desktop icons to hidden.
>>
>>58957955
When I used Excel auto-fill and a bunch of formulas to write ~1500 unit tests.
>>
I made a guitar stand with cardboard and silicone.
>Computer hacks only
I installed Ubuntu minimal... In a VM!
>>
File: dil-drive.jpg (358KB, 1160x921px) Image search: [Google]
dil-drive.jpg
358KB, 1160x921px
>>58971128
Time to get creative

>With the files gone and suspicion ever increasing I thought there must have been a better way
>After weeks of nothing but flash games that itch returned - I need to get UT back and running
>Finally think of a better way, rather than the file being on the shared drives or available to others to find - why not create my own shared drive?

>After a week after the heat is off and the murmurs dissipate it's time to strike

>Intentionally act up in classes and make sure I get sent to my head of year by the end of the day (I may have gotten in trouble again but that was all to plan)
>Escourted to his "office" -essentially a large cupboard in the PE dept with a computer, file cabinet, the usual paperwork scattered everywhere- for a quick shouting at and a parent to be called
>The usual "why were you being so disruptive, bla bla bla, were worried about your education etc, etc" and then leaves to make the call (no phone in his office, being what probably used to be a utility cupboard) - it's at reception in another building.

>He leaves me alone in his cupboard with his computer still on, not exactly a tech savvy guy to start with, everything he did was on paper.

Time-to-strike.jpg
>>
File: glue.jpg (59KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
glue.jpg
59KB, 640x426px
>>58971371
>Look at machine, it's some shitty old beige box, the idiot left it completely unlocked with nothing being worked on, PERFECT!
>have my UT cd with zip on it in my bag, stick that bitch in the drive
>logged him out and login with an admin account
>shared the CD drive on the network - no access permissions so free for all!
>got his pass from a sticknote beside the monitor - what a retard.
>logged him back in

>still waiting... he's not here 5 minutes pass...

Start to think more, what if they find the disk, what if I'm caught, what if its traced back to me?!

logged back in to machine with admin account in a panic
>rake through his desk drawer and find some superglue, thank fuck!
>open CD drive, coat the outside of the tray's edge so it'd seal once it went back in
>drive closed & the adrenaline pumping, gave it a minute and it wouldnt open again, success!

>remove the desktop icon for d:/ and hide the drive from 'my computer' main view

>I calm myself, make sure nothing seems too wrong at first glance when he returns

>its almost the end of the day and the bell rings, seconds later he bursts through the door, the fear now building - why is it taking so long?
>>
File: thug-life.jpg (59KB, 482x485px) Image search: [Google]
thug-life.jpg
59KB, 482x485px
>>58971394

>little did I realise I had still left the admin account logged in - no difference to desktop, all profiles in the school had the same applications except for shared drives

>almost at the point of shitty my pantalonies that id be found out straight away
>he enters, seemingly surprised that I was still there waiting for him to get back
>says that he had other things to do that were more important

>Offers me a choice - be a good boy and have no more disruptions or problems till the next year when it wasn't his problem anymore or have to go to another school.

>"Yes sir, I'm really sorry for what I've done - usual empty apology - It'll never happen again"
>He says something along the lines of "Ok and we wont speak of this again, keep your nose clean etc etc"

>As I look back when I'm leaving his cupboard (attached to the changing rooms) he immediately turns off his monitor and starts putting stuff in his bag to leave, I hear the bleeeep ffttzzzzzz of the machine power off and the HDD spin down

>A week passes and nothing has came back to me, is he really that stupid? Doesn't he use his computer? - obviously not.

The shared drive with UT on the CD was still there, I showed a select few trusted friends who I knew wouldnt fuck me over - told them if they want to use it not to tell anyone else.

They never did.

was in there for another year or so until he got a laptop because
>"My computer wasnt working and making a wooshing noise sometimes"

>never found out, never exposed.

Crime of the century.
>>
File: C4PrlLnUkAA_KF2.jpg (207KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
C4PrlLnUkAA_KF2.jpg
207KB, 1200x783px
>>58971305
Shiteeet, games were rife but the IT guy kept finding them, obviously observing a few students' behavior.

It felt like fighting the system in those days, now its a losing battle.
>>
I once fabricated an official report of a Russian military forces arsenal that was missing about 60 railway carriages of ammunition.
>>
>>58971683
tell us more

>how?
>>
>>58961084
The IT guy who imaged all the computers never figured out how to deactivate the key combo to bring up the login dialogue.

Plus, my friend, the one who got suspended, looked over the IT teachers shoulder when he was installing an Adobe suit for one of our classes. All the passwords were the same between the 5 or so computer labs throughout the highschool.

>LARP better.
Project less. What the fuck do I have to prove?
>>
>>58971643
Our IT guy was some dude that always looked like he was contemplating suicide and obviously didn't care so I got away with anything.

Also one time the "IT deputy" (some teacher that knew how to use Excel) was trying to give me shit for making admin accounts on the school domain but since he didn't understand shit he couldn't even bust me when I was creating admin accounts in front of him.
>>
I was in bordingschool where the internet and network was handled by pupils, so naturally security was not that good, but also not that bad.

I downloaded some program that reads all the data sent over the network, and was able to read the passwords from local network login from everyone.

I did this for an hour a day for about a month till i had all the passwords for people i did not like or where i thought having the pw could be useful.

I sometimes used their accounts to drain their data when i was pissed at someone.
>>
>>58969817
kek
>>
File: 1476534384773.png (17KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476534384773.png
17KB, 273x200px
The moment i was born
>>
>>58957955
I've just hax0red my motherfucking self using only nmap and netcat. Am I a hax0r or what?

$ nmap -p21 -sV --script=knftpd-exploit 127.0.0.1

Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-02-16 13:02 BRST
Nmap scan report for localhost (127.0.0.1)
Host is up (0.00016s latency).
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
-- 21/tcp open ftp ProFTPD or KnFTPD
-- | knftpd-exploit:
-- |_ STATUS: Command shell has been opened. (127.0.0.1:28876)
Service Info: Host: localhost

Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at http://nmap.org/submit/ .
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 106.22 seconds
$ nc 127.0.0.1 28876
# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) grupos=0(root)
#
>>
>>58957955
That time i saved steve jobs from falling down a flight of stairs
>>
>> 58971704
Who are you quoting?

Anyway, I was just a regular soldier serving his duty for the motherland when my brilliant cover of idiocy was blown and superiors realized I know how to use PC.

Figures, headquarters had their annual report deadline coming soon and they needed help with making an album / presentation of sorts for it.

Given the military unit was an arsenal, the report consisted of ammunition-related information: received, stored, transferred, dismantled. Most of the accounting was done on paper, but I was lucky and the work of getting all the reports into digital form was done by another slave. I mean, a soldier.

My work supposed to be just organizing that info into a huge table, sorting it and coloring it according to a legend. However, during the process, I was told that all the arsenals had "agreed" on some sort of a "number" to report to the high command that's supposed to be the final amount of ammunition across the region.

So, the unit I was serving in also had a specific "number" of ammunition it supposed to store. "Supposed", because after doing the simple math of adding up all the registered ammunition about 60 carriages (40 metric tons each) were missing.

Now, the main priority was to make the total amount of ammo match that specific "number'. No one was going to check particular items. So, the officer who was responsible for the whole arsenal accounting started suggesting some changes for compensating the missing ammunition.

After hearing "let's add like 20000 extra 7.62 and 10000 5.45 maybe it'll fix it" and seeing that no - it won't for 10nth time already, I've asked if it's okay to just make autocorrection for the difference in the expected and the actual totals.

It took like 5 minutes to make an elementary formula in Excel that just increased the amount of all the items to compensate for the delta (22% or so) resulting in arsenal storing some stuff like 9.3876321 of that particular missile, but who cares? Totals are fine.
>>
>>58972031
I dont get why people are punching alt right fascists when its these scumbag welfare queens that deserve a good public beating the most.
>>
File: pt.jpg (58KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
pt.jpg
58KB, 795x470px
>>58972090
>>58972090

>implying soviet conscription was optional
>implying anyone cares
>>
I never hacked before, and if i had hypothetically done something malicious or illegal, i would never admit it, not even on an "anonymous" imageboard.
>>
>>58971552
give us the story of rob losing his shit!!
>>
>>58972237
Statute of limitation man, it's great
>>
>>58971982
The stairs that saved Europe
>>
>>58968809
Done this a few times. Once in middle school I did it to a library computer a teacher ended up using next. When she couldn't get it to work she called IT. A guy comes down, restarts it, still doesn't work (I just shrank the task bar so you wouldn't see it instead of killing explorer.exe) He can't figure it out, calls more IT guys. By the time it was all said and done they had four IT guys and two teachers trying to fix it. IT ended up taking the tower and reimaging it.
>>
File: holy crackers.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
holy crackers.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>friend: wish i could get into this passworded webserver with all this music on it
>me: admin:admin
>it worked
>>
File: ranga.jpg (88KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
ranga.jpg
88KB, 400x500px
>>58972284
Rob loses his shit - pt 1/2

>Highschool IT guy, worked alone but had a business studies teacher as his backup tech
>One day me & friends in 'information technology' class - babby tier excel stuff and dataflow diagrams
>60 mins work done in < 10 for all of us
>Finally post ban so I'm free to do as I please

>Playing games and fucking around passing the time
>Hear the classroom door slam loud, WHABAM! It was one of those doors with the wire through the glass so it wouldnt shatter or something - cracked up and a big dent in the wall where the doorhandle hit it.
to clarify : Rob - about 5'7 ginger manlet, usual scraggly hair, a goatee, if he was less ginger he'd look like shaggy from scooby-doo
>His paleskin now pinkened by embarassment, his cheeks burning holes in themselves with the cold staring eyes of the most hardcore ww2 veteran
>>
>>58960055
>Everyone laughing as they're copying religious folks' floorlicking
>>
File: ginger.jpg (11KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.jpg
11KB, 300x169px
>>58972686

Rob loses his shit - 2/2

>Runs upto my friend and stands in his most aggressive pose (ofcourse this action in its self was completely hilarious but we kept it low) leans over him and says very loudly "So you think thats fucking funny? Why would you call me Gay? Are you gay? I HAVE CHILDEREN!"

>All of us confused as to why until we realise Anon had indeed typed "Rob sucks fat cocks for change" in a word document with a fairly large font (obviously he noticed the little popup of the VNC program) and it at the time was still on his screen
>With everyone now staring at him the chuckles and hilarity of the situation apparent to all, the stifled giggles and splurges of laughter spread immediately in the akward silence.

>In the melee of it all Anon stands up and over him, bows to him and says "You can still be gay and have kids, its ok Rob"

>Everyone bursts out laughing uncontrollably now, his cheeks redder than the reddest tomato and runs out of the room
>Retreated to his 'control room' which funnily enough was right next door to the classroom
>as we left, everyone looked in and saw him standing right at the door through the two or three inches wide glass with the most angry and "im going to kill you all" look I'd ever seen.

The teacher of course sent anon out but it was worth the memory.

>I never saw Rob in a classroom again
>>
>>58958970
>hamchi
>school wide lan
you must be a special kind of retarded
>>
>>58972705
Poor Rob, top kek tho
>>
>>58957955
>replace sethc.exe with CMD on school computers
>gain admin access to school computers
>put porn wallpapers
>>
>>58973009
windork is ridiculous
>>
File: 1486299131252.jpg (147KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486299131252.jpg
147KB, 500x375px
>>58969086
Kekkest of kek
>>
>>58958608
I really wish I could speak Russian, I would shitpost all day about blinis on 2ch
>>
File: edgy.jpg (44KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
44KB, 480x270px
>>58958016
>>
>>58958337
Just for niggerhood's sake, does anybody know if BIOS flashing utilities will work from within Deep Freeze?
>>
>>58972705
Got moar m8?
>>
>>58967675
>I used an Arduino to inject a script wich installed a keylogger and removed all the logfiles

Gotta make it more believable, dropbox connections are encrypted there isn't any log file to snoop for login information.

Dropbox also has email alerts when new machines log in to your account.
>>
>>58972705
glade i came back to find this
>>
>>58974461
>implying normie girls don't use the same PW on all accounts
>>
File: The_lulz_motivation.jpg (43KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
The_lulz_motivation.jpg
43KB, 492x600px
>>58967642
thats brilliant
10/10 will try it
>>
File: h4x.jpg (113KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
h4x.jpg
113KB, 600x450px
>>58959003
>>58959233
>>58959296
>>58959347
>>58964300
>>
>>58977405
no, it isn't, and the fact that you misinterpret the rules (meaning that you've gone out of your way to read that section) means you're likely underage yourself
good job anon
>>
While on vaccation in kenya with my parents (underage at the time) i used a mitm attack to get free wifi, unfortunatly i not only used the login of the financial manager of the hotel, but also killed their bar payment system. They noticed and had to get some It guys to help the "track me down". Of course the could not do shit and only got my mac address. At that time i didn't know that they would make an effort to find my mac address and didn't know they intentionally blocked it from the wifi, so i went to the reception to complain. And they caught me.

Im pretty high right now so i'll stop here. Also fuck spelling.

Also we got an free upgrade to the biggest suite when we went there a second time
>>
>>58957955
It wasn't a 'hack' but I found a way to access the teacher student database for the Columbus City school district from home, due to that they had a network security meeting, and they changed the software and the way it was distributed to computers.
>>
>>58977489
Ok fuck you got me, its literally rule 2
>>
>>58958016
Yooo that was tight
>>
>>58977711
not after anon's cock went in there :^)
>>
>>58977840
Damn son. You savage.
>>
>>58969383
Why wouldn't you see kid again, it's just porn. I smell a false ass story.
>>
>>58969062
>>stupidly got caught not knowing about access logs in shared drives / dirs

Always assume a watcher.
I told my friends this as well when we were installing games, servers, chat and such.
They never listened, they got caught and banned from any networked computer permanently.
I got off laughing.
They installed VNC after that. Easy password was easy.
Setting up magnifier to run fullscreen on schedule was the funniest shit.

>>58970038
We did this too.
Friend had his password for EVERYTHING as gotenks[somenumber]
He told us he had a wet dream about our friends little sister (couple years below us at the time, just came to secondary school, 13)
He was begging for forgiveness, on knees and everything, in the fucking playground at that. Fucking hell man.

So, later we went on to his accounts and fucked with them.
He had this little web game, some shit RPG where you can level characters and stuff, just textual. We sold all his equipment and got his character in to in-game debt.
We were all on this forum, the fantasy forum, some forum for all things fantasy. (not of the porn kind)
We changed his picture to a guy naked, hand on dick.
People in the (computing) class all knew about it and were casually doing the whole *cough* gay *cough*. You know, mature things for mature people.
After he logged in and noticed, he stormed out the class and went home.
Later on at my house, he sends a text to my friend saying "oh hey someone changed your picture to a gay guy".
REALLY? Was he so dense that he thought nobody would know it was him? The only sad thing there is my friend had a stupidly easy to guess password.
>>
>>58959920
>yes there is, you fucking retard
There are no locks,when you are expert hacker.Stay tuned and see.
>>
>>58957955
Hacking through your mom's pussy
>>
>>58961084
If you have the Deep Freeze installer you can deactivate or uninstall it. Last time I fucked with it was like 7 years ago so YMMV
>>
>>58959003
This never fails to trigger me.Autisitic overdose.
>>
>>58959241
HEY!
>>
>>58957955
Using my new iPad to get into the iPad of a guy who worked at a place called HBGary.
>>
>>58960055
ALLAHU AKBAR!
>>
>>58957955
One time I cracked this gibson, managed to copy part of a garbage file. Turns out the file was a malicious worm planted by a nefarious admin; long story short I managed to turn him in to the authorities and got off scott free for hacking into the computer.
>>
i told him i was working on a file and needed help or my boss would kill me xD
>>
>>58978231
was the password GOD
>>
File: 1485990957448.jpg (86KB, 960x692px) Image search: [Google]
1485990957448.jpg
86KB, 960x692px
On older Thinkpads if you short out a certain chip while in the BIOS you can overwrite the BIOS password and then make and save changes. That is the most hacker thing I have ever done
>>
I once turned off my computer using only the command line. Beat that!
>>
>>58960055
this is so sad
>>
I once chopped down a tree.
>>
>>58957955
I wanted to toy my asshole but couldnt find my dragon dildo so i went down to my local hardware store and bought a pnumatic jack and 2 feet of steel pipe and fucked my ass with that instead.
>>
>>58959435
How exactly did you copy the magnetic card?
>>
>be me
>1995
>use toneloc to war dial high school phone block
>hope to find computer that controls the huge animated sign out front
>find strange system that turns out to be the HVAC control system.
>no password
>no help command
>get it stuck in some mode
>friend who is watching suggests typing reset
>type reset and hit enter, screen scrolls at 14.4kbps for 5 minutes straight, all kinds of text
>holy shit what did we do
>scrolling stops, now it won't do anything
>the only thing it will do is if you type in a 3 digit number it will return a temperature and a psi
>go to school the next day, middle of winter, it's cold as fuck. School basically has no heat.
>the day after it's hot as fuck in the school
>later learn from a bbs operator that works at the school that we completely wiped the system and they had no backup. It cost $15k to have it reprogrammed.
>>
File: really-now.gif (26KB, 319x281px) Image search: [Google]
really-now.gif
26KB, 319x281px
>Hey anon can you fix this <apple laptop of some variety> we don't know the password to get in.

I did some googling about it and found a tutorial to create a secondary account with administrator privileges without logging in.

Using that I changed the password on the normal account.

When I gave it back I asked how much they paid for it.

They said that it fell off a truck.

>tfw you should always ask these questions before doing anything.
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (9KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.jpg
9KB, 320x220px
>>58971552
>>"My computer wasnt working and making a wooshing noise sometimes"

FUCK MY SIDES
>>
File: inlineassembly2.png (43KB, 659x741px) Image search: [Google]
inlineassembly2.png
43KB, 659x741px
>>58957955
>>58957955
>>58957955
I called a private function from within main using C++.
No need for applause.
>>
File: hexhackinginfographic.png (310KB, 797x1940px) Image search: [Google]
hexhackinginfographic.png
310KB, 797x1940px
>>58982022
>>58982022
More complicated method to call a private function from within main... this way feels alot more 'hackey'
>>
>2009
>can't afford internet cuz poor fat
>scan some old persons router with only wep encryption wait for handshake
>get password
Free internet
>>
File: DNC.png (69KB, 746x667px) Image search: [Google]
DNC.png
69KB, 746x667px
>>58963389
>I hax0red the RNP.
I hax0red the DNC
>>
>>58958016
first post best post
>>
>>58957955

the first time that I've ever hacked anything, Was back in 1997 at the age of 7, when I Hacked/Modded my Mother's *Motorola Micro-Tac Analog Cell-Phone* into a Personal Scanner, The Police were called but wasn't Arrested because I was a minor.
>>
File: IMG_6225.png (126KB, 680x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6225.png
126KB, 680x502px
>>58957955
Administrator username and password on a piece of paper on the teachers desk. Deleted years worth of scanned documents, hid quake on the network and basically fucked around with the generic user accounts. Felt cool. Never got caught.
>>
>friend types his runescape username
>clicks the password field
>i press tab before he starts typing
>he enters his password in the username field
>in plain text
hack the planet
>>
My PSP and 3ds
>>
>>58957955
Hacking a computer store and a uni. I then connected to the uni server and was extracting database data from the computer store I hacked (through the uni server). I also connected to the store directly from my school network and hacked it. I got caught.
>>
>>58983449
that happened to me once
what's your first name fucker
>>
In like 2012 I put Halo PC and Assault Cube on my HS computers. About 10/20 of us played Assault Cube in some HTML class I never paid attention to and failed. Teacher was a macfag and had the facial hair and hipster glasses to prove it. I had the coolest name, PoonSlayer.

I actually got in trouble for the Halo PC one, had to talk to the admin (who was actually cool) about it. We talked about computer hardware mostly if I remember correctly.

There was no hacking involved, I literally had access to the shared drive and made a discretely named folder in a sub folder right off the main drive. It stayed for like 3 months until someone finally found it and they tracked it back to me.

DDoS'd a couple servers for various games offline, had a feud with someone in a Minecraft server, used a skype resolver on his MC user name and he used the same name. Filled his house with TNT and waited for him to log on. 15 min typing match with me holding a flame bow next to the TNT around his house he spent 50+ hours on. Finally got bored and set it off, then DDoS'd him for 8 hours.

Not my proudest moment but still pretty fun. Also probably in 2012, I was poor as fuck and playing on a Pentium 4 hand me down PC from my dad's work.

Probably the worst stories in the thread.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.