[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: LIfE HACKZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

Post your life hax \g\
>>
>>58956312

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysAjDnT468
>>
Whenever you're browsing and your mouse stops working, use the arrow keys. It works!
>>
>>58956312
When you get a pop-up that says you won a million dollars, don't click it! It's a virus.
>>
I heard if you delete System32, your PC will run faster.
>>
Tired of your browser loading images too slow? Just hit ctrl+shift+W
;)
>>
>>58956389
>>58956373
dont do it, it'll release mustard gas!!!
>>
CTRL + X - Cut
CTRL + C - Copy
CTRL +V - Paste
CTRL + F - Find keyword/letter
ALT + left/right arrow key - Page back, page forward (if you're on a keyboard that doesn't have dedicated keys)
Windows key + M - Minimise all windows
CTRL + left click - Select multiple files individually
SHIFT + left click - Select files from beginning to end
SHIFT + DELETE - Delete item permanently without seeding it to the recycle bin

I'm sure everyone here already knows all the hotkeys, but I find these ones help a lot with productivity and general use
>>
>>58956443
Autism
>>
>>58956443
Win + X as a shortcut to common administrative options and tasks on Win 8 and 10 seems to have slipped under the radar as well. Quite handy if you are unfortunate enough to administer that shit.
>>
>>58956312
>>58956371
People this stupid deserve what they get. Is it really that hard for normies to look at the extension and see that it's an executable? Even my grandma has known better for years and has never gotten malware.
>>
File: 1479847032576.png (104KB, 596x842px) Image search: [Google]
1479847032576.png
104KB, 596x842px
>>
>>58956443
>Windows key + M - Minimise all windows
Win+D
Also:
Win+R - "Run"
Win+L - lock workspace.
>>
>>58956648
>Is it really that hard for normies to look at the extension and see that it's an executable?
They don't need to know that. Well, that's the theory anyway.
>>
>>58956443
WIN + D > WIN + M
>>
>>58956443
> forgetting ctrl+a
>>
>>58956648
I blame OS's that hide extensions by default more than the users. They can't be aware of them if they never see them, can they?
>>
>no WIN+Left arrow
>>
>>58956881
The most fun is when malware authors use unicode tricks to hide the real file extension even when you have file extensions visible.
>>
File: 1485232929454.jpg (50KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485232929454.jpg
50KB, 405x540px
>>58956731
wtf, i din't thought this would work but it cleaned about 2gb of crap from my macbook and now it's so responsive. thanks based anon
>>
>>58956921
>2gb of crap
Accurate description of what it removes.
>>
>>58956553
I use this to shutdown/restart my Win8 machine. Win+X, then double tap U. Shutdown.
>>
>>58956912
>use unicode tricks to hide the real file extension

Why would you even open ANY attachment from a poorly machine translated e-mail you didn't expect, sent from an address you don't fully trust?
It's that easy and hasn't changed in well over a decade, for fuck's sake, why can't normies grasp it already.
>>
>>58957541
I think it's because they are too stupid/scared to ask for help. It's like the massive underreporting of dating site scams where people send shitloads of money overseas to try and get someone they think loves them into the county. No one is going to admit they were stupid enough to fall for that shit.
>>
>>58957566
>No one is going to admit they were stupid enough to fall for that shit.

A couple of weeks ago a guy told me he fell for a scam that went like this:

- he received a broken, obviously Google translated reply to his online auction
- responded to it requesting a PayPal payment
- received an obviously fake screenshot of a "PayPal payment" with the "buyer" claiming he accidentally sent him an order of magnitude higher sum, and requesting the rest of the money to be returned via a Western Union wire transfer (untraceable, non-refundable)
- the absolute madman actually did it

Never underestimate just how stupid normies can be.
>>
shit on the floor if you want to be a dog
>>
>>58956731
wow my penis is now 2 cm longer thanks to this clever hack
thanks mang
>>
>>58957719
it's like eve online irl
>>
File: 1483157167666.png (308KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1483157167666.png
308KB, 492x419px
>>58956312
i3WM + VIMIUM/vimFX + ranger + cmus + weechat + VIM + terminal
What mouse?
>>
>>58956443
CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE brings up list of running programs without going to the task manager
CTRL+SHIFT+T reopens a closed tab
>>
File: 1463166182523.jpg (43KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1463166182523.jpg
43KB, 444x460px
>>58956648
I work at Office Depot.

Yes. It is that hard.

Then they pay me $180 to delete their current virus and install our proprietary malware (McAfee).

> my face every day at work
>>
File: Snapchat14060387341.jpg (294KB, 640x795px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat14060387341.jpg
294KB, 640x795px
>>58956930
>>
In your browser (at least Firefox):
Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+PgUp to cycle through tabs, Ctrl+Shift+Tab or Ctrl+PgDn to cycle backwards
Ctrl++ to increase zoom, Ctrl+- to decrease
When you go on Wikipedia, wait for the site to load and hit Tab once to go to the search bar immediately without the mouse. If you pressed too early, try Shift+Tab. Works on many sites with forms.

On 4chan, using 4chanX:
Q to open quick reply window
Alt+C to insert code tags
Alt+M to insert Math tags
Ctrl+S to insert spoiler tags

Before using the Q shortcut, make sure you aren't pressing Ctrl.
>browser history auto deletes when browser is closed
>using Ctrl+Tab (+Shift) or Ctrl+PgUp / Ctrl+PgDn to cycle through tabs
>"oh I got (You)s, time to reply"
>still holding Q
>all browser windows closed

I have my problems using many of the windows shortcuts listed ITT by now, because I'm too used to
>Mod+Enter to open terminal
>Mod+D to start programs (type name, compare to Run dialogue in Windows)
>Mod+Number to go to workspace # (use instead of minimizing)
>Mod+R to resize windows
>>
Might review hot wings
>>
Ctrl+Shift+N = Incognito mode for Chrome :^)
>>
>>58956731
OK, so educate me. What does this ACTUALLY do?
>>
>>58956443
Never knew about ALT + arrow keys.
Now the extra buttons on my mouse are useless for anything but GAYMIN.
>>
>>58960711
Why are you using a mouse?
>>
If you're on a Chromebook, there actually is a caps lock. Just hit alt and the search button at the same time.
There is also a hidden delete button. Alt + backspace.
>>
>>58960703
delet all files
>>
>>58960711
You could bind them to something other than just going back and forth. Maybe have what used to be the back button open up a picture of rms, and the forwards button download the latest kernel and compile it.
>>
Ctrl+Delete deletes up to the end of the word. Ctrl+Backspace deletes to the start of the word. Ctrl+Shift+Backspace deletes to the start of the line, Ctrl+Shift+Delete to the end of a line.
Ctrl+Home jumps to the start of a document. End behaves the same way.
Ctrl+Z also works when you're writing posts on 4chan.
>>
File: sadstallman.jpg (20KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
sadstallman.jpg
20KB, 400x266px
>>58959996
>I work tech services at OD too
>mfw you posted my face
>mfw my own stepfather fell for the Indian tech support scam last week and i am currently backing his shit up and nuking the drive.

You can make it better by showing octogenarians where to get Winamp and suggesting Free Software when people are looking at buying any of the crap we sell in store.

>show 55-year-old doofus WordPad and Paint
>"Wow, when did they come out with all this new stuff built in?"

just indeed
>>
>>58960812
>WordPad and Paint
>suggesting Free software
Try again.
>>
It performs an administrative elevation so it can delete everything and then deletes fucking everything.
>>
>>58960846
I usually suggest GIMP, OpenOffice, Notepad++ etc, but I was actually just relating a point that there are a huge amount of people that are COMPLETELY UNAWARE that they don't need the entire fucking MS Office suite to do things on the computer and that Windows has had built-in tools for simple picture and text editing for decades. These are people who own or run businesses, people who've used floppy disks but can't fathom how to put files on a flash drive, shit like that. I've had people who think the registers detect their person and automatically pull up their information, then are annoyed when I ask for their goddamn rewards card so they can have yet more wasted points because they outwardly admit they are too lazy to figure out how to log in to the fucking website.

These motherfuckers come to me and say shit like "oh well you were born with this stuff existing so you just know how to work it, but I'm from <post-boomer birthyear> so, you know." Completely ignoring of course the fact that computers have directly affected the daily lives of Americans since Nineteen-fucking-Ten.

It's dumb cunts like that I don't even bother with showing them safe places to get freedom-respecting software. If you can't put forth the minimal effort required to simply read and comprehend the information on a screen then you're too fucking stupid to own a computer in the first place and should stick to pen and paper.
>>
>>58956731
Does OS X not have a safeguard against this? Also what about --no-preserve-root?
>>
>>58960727
Ah. Thank you.
>>
>>58956443
windows key + arrows tiles windows (at least in GNOME and LXDE)
>>
File: speedupwindows.jpg (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
speedupwindows.jpg
1MB, 2550x3300px
>>
>>58960703
delete everything, including the root file system

the equivalent of telling someone to delete system32, except it deletes literally everything else too
>>
>>
>>58959606
>CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE brings up list of running programs without going to the task manager
That's ALT+TAB
The one you mentioned launches the task manager
>>
Press Windows+Tab, shit bricks,
>>
>>58961910
Only works in Vista and 7 :^)
>>
Files from Pages, Notes, etc are actually compressed and contain PDFs of the same file.
>>
CTRL+SHIFT+N for new folder
F for renaming

If you use a cbz comic viewer on your tablet and you download manga shit as .rar simply rename extension to .cbz and voila.
Same with pdf files I believe.
If you have many files simply use Bulk Rename Utility or something.
>>
>>58962083
>F for renaming
I mean F2
>>
punch a liberal a day to keep da joos away
>>
>>58962083
OR just hold SHIFT and right-clicking and open a command prompt.
Then just do ren *.zip *.cbz.
And that's it, no need for bulk renaming software (unless you want to do regex witchcraft to strip out things like the artist\circle name)
Also, .cbz is for zips, .cbr is used for rar files.
>>
>>58961846
Isn't that water tho?
#sciencegeek
>>
>>58956731
Does this work on Linux too? Please tell me it does. My computer has been really slow lately.
>>
>>58956648
Windows hides common file extensions (exe,jpg,doc,zip,etc.) By default.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.