[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 213x144px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 213x144px
So I somehow managed to land an IT project manager job, I have absolutely no idea how or what I need to know to do the job, any tips so I don't fuck everything up the first day
>>
The first step, Pajeet, is to poo in the loo and not on the street.
>>
>>58955102
How the fuck do retards like you get interviews and jobs while I can't even get a single rejection letter to my resumes when I apply at least 50 times a month?
>>
Honestly Imy still really confused I can't see how the company sees I'm even slightly qualified but I'm gonna roll with it. But I just have to figure out how to do my job
>>
>>58955203
enjoy getting blacklisted
>>
>>58955203
Delegation. Delegate everything. First of all learn what the fuck your floor staff can do, talk to them all, get a feel for it, these are your tools, all you do is set them to a fair level of work each and the job does itself.
>>
>>58955185
Attitude and social skills are important. Op shows he is aware of his limitations and politely came here to ask for help. That shows he has the right mindset to learn fast. While you showed envy, resentment and a negativity - all traits that doubtlessly manifest in everything you do. People can sense this even through a resume. -
>>
>>58955291
Yes, I'm sure the automated HR bot saw right through me as it auto-trashed my resume because I didn't have the correct number of keywords.
>>
>>58955185
you are socially inept. You have to have personality too as well as qualifications
>>
>>58955301
And why don't you have those keywords?
Your attitude is one of complaining... Why not fix your resume.
>>
your a manger now bud delegate tasks
>>
I don't think you guys understand this is my first IT only job, you read that right the first, how does this kind of thing happen
>>
>>58955399
You don't sound like management material, nor do you sound like you have a habit of bullshitting and shifting responsibilities to people below you.

Enjoy getting fired.
>>
>>58955301
You already seem pretty rotten, dude.

OP made a thread, exposing him to a place of harsh criticism just so he could learn, fully open about his weaknesses. It's a good, rare quality.
>>
>>58955432
no, he's literally panicking because he lied about his qualifications and now he's getting what he asked for
>>
>>58955102
You need this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITIL

No need to get a certificate since you already have the job, you just need to read the volumes.
>>
I've got thick skin, so I'm just grinning, at these low level insults, on topic though, from what I'm getting on what I've been reading this kind of position is more about soft skills; communication, organization, leadership, etc. Right?
>>
I didn't lie, I honestly sent in my resume originally for a much lower position. They interviewed me today and called me like an hour later with a job offer, and like this is a legit company. Like major thousands of locations nationwide.
>>
Thanks for the Wikipedia link it helps quite a bit.
>>
>>58955485
If it's a legit running big company and you didn't make up your qualifications then they know what they needed. If thats the case chances are you're what they're looking for.
>>
>>58955102
Learn where Adobe Reader is and how to install it. This will be the most important skill in your IT arsenal.
>>
>>58955185
rewrite that resume to try and match what the job description wants.
>>
>>58955485
The gods smile upon you. As an anon said before, take the first day to recognize your workspace and subordinates.

You will look what project they are in, and ask how they were handling it. Ask if they had any complaints about the previous manager, so you'll know what you should and should not do. But beware, don't act complacent.
>>
>>58955248
this. delegate and improvice, use nlp-buzzwords until you can cash your way out of the contract.
>>
File: icwydt.png (35KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
icwydt.png
35KB, 736x736px
>>58957376
>>
>>58955102
>IT project manager job

don't worry.
you won't be doing anything important. you're probably some M$Office monkey bitch to someone higher than you.

the word "project manager" has pretty much been destroyed over the ages.
>>
>>58955185
I have a similar problem.

The weakest mother fucker in my class who spent 2 extra years to finish his bachelors degree got a job placement before graduation. Meanwhile I am the top student of my class and I can't even land an interview for entry level positions.

The job market is plagued with nepotism and referrals. People don't get hired on merit anymore.
>>
>>58955102
>I have absolutely no idea how or what I need to know to do the job
Sounds to me like you are perfect manager candidate. I'm 90% confident this is bait thread to trigger jelly NEETs, but in case it's not then have fun with this shit. Project manager is one of more stressful positions due to the amount of contact you will have with clients screaming at you and if you have no clue wtf you are doing then it is going to be a hell for you. You are literally going to want to kill yourself within few months. Unless you were offered crapload of money abort and go flip burgers.
>>
>>58955432
OP also lied through his fucking teeth through the hiring process. Not such a good quality.
>>
>>58958396
I could do that and land interviews by tomorrow. Faking experience and qualifications is a piece of cake but you can't bullshit your way out of the interview especially if they don't offer training and expect you to know your shit in advance.

OP is a fucking faggot who probably stole the vacancy from a more deserving candidate. People like him should be blacklisted.
>>
>>58958350

>anymore

spoiler: they never did

deal with it ... its how it works

landed a high 5 figure paying job cause my daddy had the connection

yeah i might not be the most qualified but i can do whatever i want and shitpost on 4chan lol
>>
find out who is best at which job, and tell them to do it

youll have some extra paperwork as you send completed shit off to different departments

pretty much it

just smile, be friendly with everyone, LISTEN to everyone, if you find yourself having a hard time getting along with someone, ask them about themself, people love talking about themselves and its the easiest way to make friends

once youre friendly enough with everyone, youll coast through, and promotion wont be far away
>>
>>58955102
>have absolutely no idea how or what I need to know to do the job

And that's why you're qualified for it.
That's how that position works.
Now all you need to learn is how to blame everyone else for when the project inevitably fails.
>>
>>58955447
> just read the volumes
AHAHAHA
>>
>>58955466
Yes it is, do what
>>58955248
said and you should be fine. Most tech people like teaching you their world, so you just need to understand things on a rather coarse scale.
Could help brushing up on agile methods and tools to keep things together, as keeping track of state will be your job and these make it tremendously easier.
>>
>>58955447
Also CMMI, ITIL is more ops specific.
>>
>>58955102
You're in luck, over half of IT projects fail and project managers are fucking worthless. You're already as good as you're peers.
>>
>>58955185
Your resume probably sucks, sysadmin here, my resume has a 100% call back rate.
>>
>>58958350
Tech interviews are nontrivial. It's easier to trust someone's judgement from past work than to vette it out in someone you don't know at all.

For entry level positions though.. no idea.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-084952.png (148KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-084952.png
148KB, 1080x1920px
>>58955399
Start training for a pmp certification, pluralsight has a 30 day free trial I think, I train for all my certs through them (mcse, lpic, vcp), they have a pmp course.
>>
>>58955485
You'll probably start as a junior level project manager.
>>
>>58955102
Reach for the bleach, fgt.
>>
>>58957579
A project manager has no subordinates.
>>
>>58955185
>Ha! Look at that poor bum literally begging me for a sandwich! It's just a fucking sandwich! See THIS is why he's poor! Such a desperate envious bum so obsessed with a simple sandwich! He just needs to beeee himself!
>>
>>58958418
When I interview for a job, it's almost always for a job with skills I didn't have. I get about 50% of the jobs I interview for.
>>
>>58955102
Install Google Ultron on all the machines.
>>
>>58959776
OP better use the computers he is given for bitcoin mining operations...
>>
>>58955121
This is the most generic, ordinary, uncreative 4chan comment I've ever read.
0/10, fpnbp
>>
>>58955185
>"I'm a CS major"
>"Oh so you know that computer stuff!"

Literally how I got my IT internship

I'm a second-year and haven't learned anything about IT stuff, just programming
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>58955185
Me too. I don't even apply to IT jobs, I'm literally getting rejected by home depot and walmart.
>>
Guys literally don't give up on applying places, I've sent out my resume hundreds of times, and have had no luck for 5 months, 1 month ago I started getting interviews left and right, he'll I sent my resume into this place like two months ago. I had a tour of the office, I'm fairly certain these people have no idea about tech honestly 50% of people had 4:3 monitors, I think I'm fine now
>>
>>58955185

Have someone who actually knows how to write a resume fix your shit.

Also try to be social and confident. My current sysadmin position the interview was an hour, first 15 minutes was technical. Last 45 minutes we talked about sports and life. Another acquaintance of mine had the same interview with the same manager a few days prior and he was grilled for 1 hour on technical details. He is probably autistic and tries to act smarter then he really is, challenging every technical question you ask him. You can see why I was hired over him.
>>
I didn't even finish college and already got a web dev job. It's so fucking easy. just LOL @ neet cucks
>>
>>58961568
>web dev
Nice career path, faggot.
>>
>>58961242
>overqualified
>>
>>58958518
thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
Read ITIL, so you can communicate with the people giving you money, let the rest of the team tell you what needs to be done. You are not there to do anything other than Manage your resources.
>>
>>58955466
No it's not, most managers are like that but it's not what the position should entail. I bet you can't even estimate a proper software project schedule.
>>
>>58955185

he/she is either a female, trasgender, muslim, or gay

these people get put in the IT industry for political reasons. It's disgusting.
>>
>have no qualification or experience in IT whatsoever, only done labour work
>apply for a manual web tester job, whatever, i know how to inspect element/adobe reader
>become the best manual QA, promoted, switch to QA automation, promoted, become QA lead
>don't have to do any real work other than mentoring people and taking credit for others work
the key to success is alcoholism
>>
>>58957376
haha, quality : )
>>
>>58962159

yea if youre doing labor IT work

you wouldnt last a second in the programming industry
>>
>>58955291
This is a really good post
>>
>>58961620
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>58958350
I have no degree and get jobs easily.

From what I have gathered people who externalize their failures never succeed at any aspect of life.

Let me guess: all women are just stupid and beneath you thats why youre forever virginal?
>>
>>58962202
test automation is programming (before you say it isn't - yes it is)
>>
>>58962276
what about all the hard labor of lugging those bits upstairs or cramming a unit test into a cardboard box to be returned to HP?
>>
>>58962143
Nah son I'm white as fuck
>>
>>58958350
If you have that much potential you should aim to become self-employed.
>>
>>58962104
Any tips or resources on how to do that
>>
>>58955102
You want to look at prince 2 and give people actions in your project meetings.. Then follow up with them.

Job done thank me later.
>>
>>58962589

then youre wasting one of the very few opportunities you have

good job
>>
>>58955185
HR girlls do not read manually every single resume, especially if there are 500+ people.

They just use ocr that scan resume for words like:
>git, java, js, javascript, svn, c#, agile

etc and then, cv tages as positive are considered and the best one are send to technical person.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.