[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i bet this is why my laptop overheats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

i bet this is why my laptop overheats
>>
>>58952291
I bet your mother is not proud of the night you were conceived.
>>
>>58952291
Nice blog
>>
>>58952291
Yeah, probably. You should start changing the thermal paste every 6-8 months. Arctic Silver 5 is the best paste. I got 2 tubes of the stuff for 10 dollars. Also never use water to remove the paste (I've seen people do it before). Use dry q-tips to get the bulk of the hardened paste off, then use an alcohol pad to clean off the remainder. Completely dry everything with some tissue, then apply the new thermal paste and reassemble your machine.

Welcome to /g/, newfag.
>>
>>58953114
>tfw want to change UMPC's decade old thermal paste but too scared of fucking it up
>>
>>58953144
What are you scared of? Get a screw driver and alcohol wipes and just do it.
>>
>>58953114
Changing paste on laptops is a meme. I actually tried to do that and while it works the temperatures generated by most laptops are so fucking high that the thermal paste turns into cracked shell within a month. Really not worth my time. Nowadays I don't even bother with a laptop.
>>
>>58953167
> temperatures generated by most laptops are so fucking high that the thermal paste turns into cracked shell within a month
We tried to warn you, but you bought the Mac anyways. This is a (You) problem. My laptops are nice and cool.
>>
File: IMG_20170214_234931.jpg (3MB, 3120x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_234931.jpg
3MB, 3120x3120px
>>58953152
Compact devices can be a bitch to work on, I'd rather have it run a little hot than be out $300. I mean, I'm comfortable upgrading the HDD and mPCIe card, but nothing else
>>
>>58953201
I just changed the paste on two MacBooks today that had twice as many screws and flex cables. That looks insanely easy. Pretty much all computers, even smartphones, are made of pieces that fit together like a LEGO set. It's hard to fuck it up if you're not retarded and you have a tiny bit of patience and an hour or so of free time.
>>
>>58953201
whats all the yellow things

>>58953114
i was looking at artic silver 5 but the fact that it has a 200 hour curing time is odd and the fake reviews are a bit off putting. was considering noctua nt h1
>>
>>58953114
AS5 is outclassed by non conductive compounds now.

MX-4 is my new go to
>>
>>58953233
I guess

>>58953336
flexible flat cables
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.