[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monitor Resolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot (1).png (610KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
610KB, 1920x1080px
Someone please explain to me why the jump from 4k to 5k is an $800+ difference.
>>
1k more duh
>>
File: 32627.gif (3MB, 400x487px) Image search: [Google]
32627.gif
3MB, 400x487px
>>58950614
Because if you're dumb enough to buy a display that there's no native content and no hardware can run games at native resolution, you might as well just get on with it and get your dumb ass ripped off at the same time.
>>
>>58950614
There isn't much demand for 5k panels, so there not very mass produced. Most people are still wanting just a 4k panel. To give an example Apple can sell a full iMac with a 5k screen for as much as dell wants for just the screen just because Apple builds so many Macs
>>
>>58950614
It's impossible to tell the difference unless you're staring at the screen with a magnifying glass like a myopic nerd. 4k is end of the road. Until we all get bionic eyes, I guess.
>>
>>58950614

If you wanna put more visual diddly-doos into the same area, you gotta spend more dollary-doos to get those pixelpixies into the pixiehole
>>
>>58950703
Too bad our consumerist culture will never allow for 4k to basically be the end all. You can't see the pixels on most 1080p phones but we're still being told you need 4k on a fucking smartphone that does nothing but look good on a spec sheet and drain battery
>>
>>58950703
The only example I've heard of where 5k makes sense is if you are editing 4k videos. That way you can see the video at native resolution + the editing controls. Admittedly, that's a niche market.
>>
>>58950747
This is true, although a more practical approach would be to have a second monitor for all over the editing controls/timeline, and a pop-out fullscreen window to view the preview, which you run on a separate 4k monitor.
>>
>>58950876
I guess that depends on your definition of practical. Two 4k monitors take up a lot more desk space than 1 5k monitor.
>>
>>58950739
If they want higher resolutions, why do they still make 4:3 768 panels?
>>
>>58950985
Legacy hardware.
>>
>>58950985
You don't exactly need 4k for like a big screen CNC controller or point-of-sale kiosk. Its only consumers being told how much better 4k will be on a phone or in the next 5 years being told how much you need to ditch your old 4k HDTV for our new UMAX 8k TV despite 99% of people never seeing a difference in picture
>>
I love my asus 1440 25" monitor. I use it on my ps4 because it knows to downscale to the 1080p when I switch from display to hdmi.

Problem is; I decided to quit playing computer games and I only play ps4 on the weekends now.

So i've been itching to pick up an ultrawide monitor for my usual computer stuff and use my 1440p on my ps4.

TLDR: Best 34"+ Monitor in 1440p - 4k resolution?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.