[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNLAWFUL ARREST OF FELLOW BASEMENT DWELLER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: ourlord.png (176KB, 331x414px) Image search: [Google]
ourlord.png
176KB, 331x414px
http://www.forsythnews.com/section/6/article/32091/

Owner of an MSP arrested because a client didn't pay their bill. THis kind of ignorance will be what gets us all killed, anons.
>>
autism
>>
>>58944301

Did you RTFA? Or are you an idiot?
>>
TL;DR

worked as an MSP for a community Chamber of Commerce

Chamber wants to get cheaper service, stops paying MSP after one-year of three-year contract

MSP shuts down M$O365 services for this organization as a result of non-payment

Chamber gets buttmad, gets MSP director arrested for "Cyber Crimes"
>>
>>58944289
>cumming
>>
File: thumb_1447192896306.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_1447192896306.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>58944408
grow up.
>>
Why are normies do feckin' silly?
>>
I feel like this might have had a lot to do with him conducting business like a REEEEEEing autist rather than repeated and personable notifications about service discontinuation. I'd understand not being inclined toward good manners after they just broke a contract, but there's no need to take it personally.
>>
>>58944667

If a client doesn't pay, why would you continue paying for services that they are supposed to be receiving? Don't ya know how Office 365 works?
>>
File: isthistrolling.gif (12KB, 457x81px) Image search: [Google]
isthistrolling.gif
12KB, 457x81px
>>58944727
>implying the average /g/ user has done a day's work in their life
>>
>>58944727
Why would you read "service discontinuation" in my reply and interpret that as "continue paying" in yours? What I'm saying is that I suspect he pulled the plug without warning them of the consequences, rather than pulling the plug coincident with a warning about the consequences, i.e. "You're immediately going to lose all of your shit, including e-mail."

Even with a fair bit of skepticism over bias and spin, I still believe that his clients got caught totally by surprise. That wouldn't have happened unless he took their breach of contract way too personally.
>>
>>58944772

Depending on the contractual agreement, he may have had every right to pull the plug. Sure, tact is a good trait in conducting business but it definitely not a requirement.

Are you some kind of UnAmerican snowflake? Business first, feelings last. Look at our Glorius Emperor Donald J. Trump and where the philosophy brought him.
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (97KB, 920x675px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
97KB, 920x675px
>>58944814

> MAKE MANAGED SERVICE PROVIDERS GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>58944289
>CUMMING – A former information technology
>>
>>58944814
>feelings last
That's my entire point. He got carried away with his feelings. I'm sure he did indeed have every right to pull the plug. And in doing so abruptly he kicked a hornet's nest and got unjustly arrested.

Good business involves managing feelings--both yours and the client's--as adeptly as managing finances. Getting himself locked up and missing a meal of tendies and chocolate milk did no favors to him.
>>
>>58944814
>Business first, feelings last.
>Look at our Glorius Emperor Donald J. Trump and where the philosophy brought him.
Trump is nothing but narcissistic ego and feelings. Look at his Twitter.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>58944884
>>58944903
>>
>>58944289

handsome boy
>>
>>58944289
>Cumming
>>
>>58944289
Another petty bourgeois sent to the work camps.
>>
You don't mess with other people's ability to keep a business or an administration running.

I hope that fucking autist gets what he deserves.
I hope the fucking Chamber of Commerce get told ONCE AGAIN to not use Outlook.
>>
>>58945262

They didn't pay him for services being rendered to them and did NOT uphold a business contract. THEY are the ones messing with a man trying to run his business.
>>
File: 1467842834013.jpg (30KB, 552x565px) Image search: [Google]
1467842834013.jpg
30KB, 552x565px
>>58945185

aye
>>
>>58945368
Then he should have gotten a lawyer. As it's a clear cut case, he probably wouldn't even have needed to front money for that. Now he's on the wrong side of the judge.
>>
File: Irony - Definition.png (175KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
Irony - Definition.png
175KB, 490x368px
>>
>>58945400
Stop posting. You have no idea how law works. Lawyers do not prevent you from getting arrested.
>>
File: torches_pitchforks.jpg (30KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
torches_pitchforks.jpg
30KB, 300x230px
>>58944289

PITCHFORKS, GET EM
>>
>>58945419
""""""Leader"""""""
>>
>>58945702
cofounder, runs the Toronto branch, probably as close to a leader you're gonna get
>>
>>58944884
look dude. everybody understands your point. just shut up about it.
>>
Sounds like he did something to get arrested over, he should lawyer up.

Zero fucks given.
>>
>>58944289

Bitch gonna get buttfucked in prison
>>
>>58945901
>replies to a post one and a half hours later
>tells him to shut up
>>
>>58945872
Feels bad living in this cucked city. At least we got that based U of T professor.
>>
>>58945914

you weebin'
aren't you pro-business? He didn't do shit.
>>
File: mmm.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>58944289

He's getting me soggy
>>
File: uh_oh_satya.jpg (59KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
uh_oh_satya.jpg
59KB, 450x450px
dis gon set precedent for orgs who don't feel like paying for 365 anymore
>>
>>58944903
t. buttblasted libcuck
>>
>>58944289
Sorry senpai, he is the wrong color

Now if it had been a dindu everyone would be up in arms about the systematic racism inherent in the patriarchy
>>
>>58946090
You don't know that and you shouldn't assume it either.

He can defend himself in court if hes innocent.
>>
http://www.kit-llc.com/

here's his company
>>
>>58946268

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were illiterate and had no critical thinking skills
>>
>>58946255

No, YOU'RE INHERENT
>>
>>58946268
>you shouldn't assume

since this happened in USA safe to say presumption of innocence applies & burden of proof is on the accuser
>>
>>58945419
dumb lady doesn't understand that dominant genes does not equal better.
>>
I don't see what's the problem?

They stopped paying so he cut them off from the service?

Then the company that stopped paying gets him arrested? How the fuck is the judge going to side with them?
>>
>>58946482
because $current_year and "hurrr i don't want to pay my bills so you need to arrest basement pedo-hitler"
>>
>>58946482

Exactly, thank you for actually understanding a series of words and sentences on a website. This guy did nothing wrong.
>>
>>58944289
Since this is america, SUE THE FUCK outta them
>>
Cool, now I don't have to pay for any IT service anymore.

Gonna cancel my netflix subscription and then get them arrested for not giving me access.
>>
>>58944772
>Non payment of $78,000
>Served the council with a legal demand for the money with the threat of legal action after asking them for the money failed
Did you even read the article?
>>
>>58946566

Who should be suing who, anon?
>>
Fucking morons

Not I ly do they now have a nonpayment and contract breach lawsuit on their hands but they probably are going g to be nailed with more since they filed a false report of "cyber crimes"
>>
>>58946442
If a judge issues a warrant then the case goes to trial whether they are innocent or not.
>>
>>58946868
That's assuming he isn't guilty, which would most likely make him in breach of contract and SOL.
>>
>>58947018

Do you know what you're even talking about?
>>
>>58947018
If you read the article he sent them messages saying that if they don't pay he'll sue. So they didn't and he cancelled the service like it said what would've happened if they didn't pay
>>
>>58947112
Won't read it because I don't give a shit and trust a random judge over some reporter.
>>
>>58947162

Don't you mean "so-called" Judge, trumpaboo?
>>
>>58947162
BTFO!
>>
>>58947181
Trump will fix the 9th district I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>58945914
Read the article, he lawyer' dup before he turned off the o365 access and gave a 30 day notice before the termination.
>>
>>58944727
is it even legal to set yourself up as a middleman for desktop support clients' vendor related bill payment?

its fucking stupid even if its legal. why would you give some greasy box jokey a budget or purchasing authorization???
>>
>>58947243
So you read those articles by reporters but not this one? wew lad, them acrobatics.
>>
>>58947284
youre not supposed to talk to Alt Right outside of pol.

if you see one in real life punch it in the back of the head.

if you see one online just screech: HANDS OFF OUR BOYS ASSES, MILO!
>>
>>58947281

That's how an MSP works, guy.

>Company A needs IT services and doesn't want to hire an internal guy, they are tech-illiterate tools

>Company B is an MSP

>Company A & B sign a contract for Company B to handle all IT matters

>Company B middleman's software and hardware purchasing based on Company A's needs, on behalf of them
>>
>>58947315
I actually work in this field and no, you dont negotiate vendor contracts and you dont make bill payments. That's insane!

Submit a proposal? Yes. Make a recommendation?. Constantly.

Pay their bills to M$? I doubt they would even allow such a thing it would be a fraudulent contract for certain.
>>
>>58947346

Usually companies tie the cost of such software into monthly bills from the MSP, is this not correct?
>>
>>58947346
by that logic..

what if you rent a VPS as infrastructure and put up a vpn on it for multiple individual clients with customized software

if the client is using your software but you are paying the VPS as a services (not just for that individual)

is it still not legal?
>>
>>58947346
Do you think he deserved to be arrested?
>>
>>58944884
I doubt he instantly decided to keep their data hostage.
There probably was months of asking nicely to pay what the chamber was due. At some point, you just have to take measures.
>>
>>58945372

kekenstein
>>
>>58946268
Good god, another retarded post from this retarded tripfag

Really hope you get thrown in jail and have to pay out your ruined asshole to get out. It's fucking time, money, and reputation you shithead, not to mention the government's abuse of power over a contract
>>
still no response?
>>58947407

also in my line of work we agree to terms of the deal and have a estimated price

there is sometimes slight variation from that price but that will be accounted for later on

packaging is easier for book keeping too

that being said if it was stated in a contract that he had 3 or 5 months to pay from a finished project or if it was a service he would be imediately cut of the first of the month

both of those would be legal without notification

think about when you are a day lay with a ISP payment

they shut that shit off real quick

what if you have a email provided by them?

youre fucked and hostage if you dont have local backup even then you cant forward new emails
>>
>>58947829
Thanks for the (You)
The least I could do is give one back
>>
>>58946482
You need to understand that a "Chamber of Commerce" is a highly political organization, at least within the local region. The president of that chamber is probably golf buddies with the judge and attorney. You could expect a more fair trial in Best Korea.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.