[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norton kicked arseholes once again. Fuck CommonSense!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: norton.png (169KB, 868x849px) Image search: [Google]
norton.png
169KB, 868x849px
Norton kicked arseholes once again.

Fuck CommonSense!
>>
>>58943432
Kaspersky > *
>>
>list not sorted by the average score
fucking winfags
>>
>>58943432
The thing about commonsense is that with it you don't need any AV.
Because you won't be downloading executables from non trustworthy sites.
>>
>>58943432
I got so used to not using antivirus with Linux that I forgot about it when I installed windows.

What's good these days and free? Malwarebytes?
>>
File: f87.png (283KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
f87.png
283KB, 600x478px
>>58943432
pussy destroyer
>>
>>58943432
>Using Antivirus in 2017
Wew lad
>>
>>58943432
>windows defender
>4.5/6 performance
but it uses close to no resources outside of a full scan. even then it's just disk read which would be the same across the board. this chart is bull. no need for anything other than common sense and maybe windows defender
>>
>>58944787
It's more than just dl exe files.
>>
>>58944787

except no site is ever fully trustworthy since you don't control the content.
>>
>>58945390
nothing. AV is snake oil. your browser and OS offer all the necessary functionality now. hell, all the AV suites do nowadays is break those and piss off browser devs.
>>
>>58946661
How else can you get a virus?
>>
>>58945390
>What's good these days and free?
Nothing, AV are now virii themselves.
>>
>>58946739
there are other file types that are executable.

You can also get one through a remote code execution attack, but it's unlikely that your virus scanner will be able to catch that kind of thing. They tend to only exist in the wild briefly. Noscript is probably the best defense.
>>
>>58947377
What other file types? I'd still have to give it permission to execute, right?

>remote code execution attack
What's that?
>>
>>58947411
.vbs .js .sh .bat .com
there are a lot of them.

remote code execution is where you open a non-executable file, like a pdf, then it exploits a bug in the pdf reader to execute code on your machine. These kinds of attacks are rare, but exist. As far as I'm aware, javascript is the easiest way of doing one in a browser.
>>
>>58946666
That's what ublock and umatrix are for.
>>
Common Sense 2017 with uBlock.

100% protection and performance.
>>
>>58947473
I think you didn't get it. A hax0r can easily change exes from trustworth sites and change the hash information too.
>>
>>58946739
You fucking stupid cunt
You're ruining computers for everyone
>>
>>58943432
I had norton installed when I used to use windows and it fucked up my computer making it impossible to right click in file explorer, and it crashed immediately whenever I tried to open it
>>
>>58946666
Quads fucking confirm
>>
>>58948264
But we can control the content.
>>
>>58947473
I prefer noscript to umatrix. umatrix is really painful to deal with and it doesn't provide much of a security benefit over noscript.
>>
>>58945390

Just Windows Defender, and only because Microsoft is competent enough to not have their AV fuck around patching other application's DLLs and adding more attack surface.
>>
File: 1485173668037.jpg (106KB, 593x578px) Image search: [Google]
1485173668037.jpg
106KB, 593x578px
>wintoddlers circlejerking about anti virus while their windows atom table is permanently vulnerable
>mfw this is what /g/ has become
>>
>>58943432
>Fuck CommonSense!
>>
>>58943514
Normally I'd agree, as it used to be my AV of choice. Not only does Kaspersky have ties to Russian spies, but Natalya Kaspersky recently went on the record saying that Russian data belongs to the state. I was going to post my source but it's been deleted and now I can't find any info on it, no big surprise there. Use caution if you choose to continue using it.
>>
>>58948165
Yeah for hackers.
>muh botnet
>>
>>58943432
gentoo trumps all
>>
>>58943432
eset is best
>>
>>58943432 (You)

I still prefer my Common Sense 2017 Enterprise.

>$0.00
>Lifetime license
>updated every 1 femtosecond.
>>
>>58949366
>She believes that all personal data, such as search history, geolocation, contacts, correspondence, photo and video materials, should belong to the State.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalya_Kaspersky

Lel.
>>
>>58949425
Sorry bruh... It's just not reality. ESET was put to the test, and failed. Norton kicks arses.
>>
>>58949485
source?
>>
File: 1481023125201.jpg (13KB, 233x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481023125201.jpg
13KB, 233x225px
>>58949366
>Normally I'd agree, as it used to be my AV of choice. Not only does Kaspersky have ties to Russian spies,
Google has ties to American spies. They're part of the PRISM. Yahoo scans every email for NSA. German companies have ties to German spies.

What the fuck is your point?

>but Natalya Kaspersky recently went on the record saying that Russian data belongs to the state. I was going to post my source but it's been deleted and now I can't find any info on it, no big surprise there. Use caution if you choose to continue using it.
KEK'd. Total fucking bullshit.

If you live in a Western nation, you should be using Russian or Chinese software and/or services since those countries don't cooperate with your law enforcement.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

it's as simple as that.

Google/MS/Ebay put people regularly in jail. Kaspersky and Russia can't do shit to me.
>>
>>58946688
>OS offer all the necessary functionality now
not really, normies run windows with admin accounts

i tried win7 creating a standard user acc the other day, executed some old counter striker 1.6 and connected to "slow hacking" servers, sure enough some VBS script appeared in the startmenu startup folder

i tried fiddling with user accounts and tried to find a way to grante a "cs16" account permission only to game folder, but either the game didnt run or it attacked the OS
>>
>using AVs
fuck off with your shitty OS
>>
File: Donald-Putin.jpg (98KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Putin.jpg
98KB, 768x512px
>>58949534
Here you go, weeb.

http://tass.ru/ekonomika/3824223

>Russia can't do shit to me
>>
Bitdefender desu
>uses it on a Mac too
>>
>>58950034
Putin have 70 billion dollares in his bank account. He can do whatever he wants to you, your family or to whoever he wants to do something. I don't know how this fucker became as rich as Bill Gates, but he is.

And Garry Kasparov thinks he can be president of Russia in Putin's place... This is no chess holms.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.