[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tech-illerate retard here. why a kernel called the kernel? in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: NO.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
tech-illerate retard here. why a kernel called the kernel? in Linear Algebra the kernel is the set of vectors that map a particular linear transformation to zero. Is this related i any way, shape, or form the the computer definition in theory, form, or function?

asking for a friend
>>
>>58942785
Stupid questions thread. And no. Also who is this semen demon?
>>
no

The kernel is called the kernel because it is the "central, most important part" of the OS, which is the definition of the word "kernel". It is the interface between the hardware and programs/other OS components.
>>
>>58942906
Congratulations, you just did someone's homework for free.
>>
>>58942978

i asked why it's called the kernel, not "what is the kernel". I'm 27 and out of school. Just wondered about it from a math perspective since the mathematical def has been around long before the concept of modern computing
>>
>>58942978
>"why is it called a kernel" is homework for cs students
>>
>>58942897

Nana Ogura btw famalam. A++ bitch
>>
Etymologically speaking, it's my understanding that kernel is a modernization of cyrnel (Old English, meaning seed; it's also the word that corn "stems" from, if you'll forgive the pun).

Basically its what the rest of the system grows from.
>>
>>58943070

>he still doesn't get it

Open a dictionary, will you?
>>
File: 1483657305448.jpg (43KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483657305448.jpg
43KB, 480x640px
>>58943085

epic waist to hip ratio
>>
>>58943070
>>58942785
>retard wastes time making a thread on /g/ to ask a question which won't be properly answered instead of googling it just to tell everyone that he knows very basic linear algebra.
Kill yourself you retarded brainlet.
>>
>>58943490

>butthurt /g/entooman thinks he can out math a math major

Again, why was it called the kernel? is it because the null space forms some kind of primitive strucuture for the span of a linear map and therefore the "kernel" is the set of most basic OS elements that conduct the rest of the programs and structures?

It's a legitimate question of etymology. No need to get butthurt.
>>
>>58943460

yup and she has a nice rack and squirts like fountain
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (83KB, 750x389px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.jpg
83KB, 750x389px
>>58942906
>the kernel is the most important part of the OS
>>
It's been ages but I recall that a map like a homorophism is almost fully described by the kernel. One of the isomorphism theorems.
>>
File: Col Sanders.jpg (26KB, 376x430px) Image search: [Google]
Col Sanders.jpg
26KB, 376x430px
It's named after the Colonel.
>>
She is cute as fuck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.