[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the current state of apple hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1487011718823.jpg (35KB, 481x641px) Image search: [Google]
1487011718823.jpg
35KB, 481x641px
this is the current state of apple hardware
>>
>>58941638
Who needs connectors when you are able to think different?
>>
>>58941638
Magical.
>>
fucking hell
>>
>>58941638
At first:
>Why didn't he just connect the laptop with a micro-HDMI/VGA adapter
Then:
>mfw Macbook "Pro"
>>
>>58941638
KEK
>>
>>58941638
>literally 3000$ machine
>>
>>58941638
>tfw you leave your thunderbolt to hdmi dongle at home
>>
>>58941638
badass
>>
>>58941638
>Mactards will defend this
>>
I don't understand how there are any mac users at all on /g/ after what happened with the iPhone 7 and the newest Mac
>>
>>58941638
kek
>>
>i wont buy a USB C to VGA adapter

You would need HDMI to VGA anyway on 90% of new laptops these days unless you specifically buy business ones
>>
even if it had the hdmi port still he would need a dongle still, only dinosaur thinkpads have got vga
>>
>>58942752
All new projectors has HDMI for at least 5 years now. Probably more.
>>
>>58942775
and yet the one pictured doesn't....
>>
>>58942768
Nice
>>
>buys a mac
>too cheap to buy an adapter than he knows he needs
I don't think that this case is Apple's fault
>>
>>58942792
To be kinda fair, that's an overhead camera projector which is outputting on that VGA link. The projector that is projecting on the screen could easily have HDMI input.
>>
File: kek.png (342KB, 758x802px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
342KB, 758x802px
>>58941638
>rogers rings
captcha
>>
Despite there retarded projector hack, I'm still wondering why the fuck are there two laptops.
>>
>>58944465
You mean you don't have two MacBooks? What are you, poor? LOL
>>
ThinkPad doesn't have this problem
>>
>not spending millions upgrading your entire infrastructure to match the newest apple shit
>>
>>58945259
but it's quarter inch thicker and 5 ounces heavier anon!
>>
File: money.jpg (47KB, 506x337px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
47KB, 506x337px
>>58942831
"batteries not included" 2.0
>>
you know they're inventing all kinds of "solutions" with the spaceship campus that they will eventually sell to you
>>
>>58941638
Why not use the computer already connected to the projector? Just use a USB dongle to move data or save it in the cloud.
>>
>>58946186
>1/4 inch
6.35 millimeters, that's nothing
>5 ounces
Litterarily 142 grams, less than average smartphone weight

Manlet tbqh
>>
>>58942775
People typically do not replace their projectors every five years. And even when they do, the VGA cable often stays because it's laid through some ducts and is a bitch to replace.
>>
>>58946262
>USB stick
>new MBP

you also need an adapter for that
>>
>>58941771
you put the dollar sign at the beginning, pajeet.
>>
>>58947247
Projectors also often have all sorts of legacy connectors.
There's a dongle I can't identify connected to the other laptop with a USB stick in it. I dunno if it is a case of having two laptops you need to use with only one dongle between them though surely then you would just copy the contents of the USB stick to one.
>>
>>58946262
This. For any presentation you should be prepared to move it to another machine and present from any (generally arbitrary) OS X/Windows machine (that is, assume a kind of random reasonable configuration of software). If you're not prepared for that, then you're not acting like a professional.

I'm sure random idiots buy MBPs just like neckbeards who've never worked a day in their lives buy Thinkpads.
>>
>>58941638
Literally wireless
>>
>>58947356
kek
>>
>>58947481
That's a good point. There's a security air-gap between the presenter's laptop and the institution's projector (which may or may not be a infection vector or a snooping point).
I'm not sure I'd want my beautiful Keynote slides reduced to the sort of unreadable mush displayed by Powerpoint on Windows.
>>
>>58941638
analog loophole.jpg
>>
>>58947356
Why there are so much indian jokes around here?
I heard them every single time I come here.
>>
>>58951391
because any that works in tech in the US learns to hate them
also there's a lot of stupid indians shilling microsoft shit all the time. and i don't mean "hey i like windows" like spamming VS threads and talking up C#. also defending microsoft telemetry.
>>
>>58941638
>COURAGE
>>
>>58947356
That's logical, like you say it: It costs dollar three thousand. Logical like the US date format and the measurment units.

On the other hand I should shut up. In germany 27 would be pronounced sevenandtwenty. Until today I do not know why we ended up with that crap.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.