[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to protect your privacy when using laptop and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

Is it possible to protect your privacy when using laptop and phone without being an elite hacker and also without simply cutting yourself off from all technology?
>>
>>58941177
Are you one the Internet?
If yes, no.
If no, yes.
>>
>>58941177
If you take the proper steps, it can make your identity much harder to find, however if the wrong people are looking for you then it will only delay their efforts.

Assuming you live in the US, the government has some of the most sophisticated cyber forensics tech in the world. If you do something to piss them off enough then you will be found one way or another
>>
You can minimize privacy leaks to companies fairly well using a Linux distro and browser addons like umatrix. From the government, not a chance.
>>
who is this foot fiend?
>>
>>58941207
this is the kind of thing i was looking for. for example if i bought a second hand laptop with cash, never sign into a gmail account or use any google services, and only use public wifi. thats safe isnt it?
>>
Stop having private conversations on the Internet. You're the most secure the more you keep offline. Maybe abandon cellphones and get another computer that never connects to the internet to store private information. It's not that hard if you actually cared about your privacy.
>>
>>58941304
No. Anyone that is targetting you can figure you out by browsing habits and things like identifying your unique browser fingerprint and hardware identification.
>>
>>58941177
Those pictures started really bothering me. I know someone is fucking her, and it ain't me.
>>
>>58941330
im not too worried about the government because i don't do anything criminal or deviant. i just don't like the idea of any of those dickheads at google being able to pinpoint my exact location on the planet at any time.

Also, the internet is one of the greatest inventions in human history and is now seen as a human right. its not fair that it is owned by a minority of geeks, and saying 'dont use it then' is like telling someone to not use electricity. its bullshit
>>
>>58941304
Browsing habits.

What we really need is a service like tor that shares people's browsing histories. That way you don't get the IP address of an exit node, you could just click a button and it'd do random browser searches in the background, basically parallel browsing so that your footprint gets diluted. It might just open random pages, that might work.

Anyone?
>>
>>58941200
Okay, question. If I were to do some illegal or immoral stuff, and I had an old laptop I got from someone and I am sitting at a Starbucks, how could they ever identify me? Unless I log in to something
>>
>>58941388
The "I have nothing to hide" defense is retarded for a whole bunch of reasons. An equivalent is if the government put mandatory cameras in everyone's living rooms, you might be getting in trouble for what you're doing but you still would prefer that anyone with access couldn't watch whenever they felt like.

We can't stop it, it doesn't make it right.
>>
>>58941388
If you own android there's already no way around it, really the only way to become totally private requires connections, money, and balls. Even then it's not really "privacy" entirely. There's always a trace just through common browsing habits
>>
>>58941449
Depends on how keen they are to find you. If it was a real bad thing the easiest way would be to tell Starbucks to hand over security feed, internet access logs, and transaction history if you were retarded enough to use card.

If you use that computer again anywhere they can use browser footprints to recognise your computer on any network.

If they were real keen, they probably (and have been proven to) have access methods built into most brands of hardware that sends info no matter what you do.
>>
>>58941449
Theoretically, they couldn't just from their knowledge off hand, but if you were bad enough they'd wanna check surveillance or some shit
>>
Phones are not and never will be private no matter what you do, always a trace back to you. Only company that you'd want to trust is Apple, but they make shit products. Have to admit good security though.
>>
>>58941619
Trust apple? The company that lies? Yeah no.
>>
>>58941665
Yeah, but keep in mind they wouldn't even tell law enforcement how to crack them lmao
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.