[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many times have you installed Windows /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2967.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2967.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
All versions included, I've installed each windows at least 20 times
>>
Must be in the hundreds by now. I started back in windows 95 days.
>>
>>58939938
Thousands, thanks to WDS.
>>
>>58939938
Worked desktop support for 3 years, so probably at least 300 times just from that, my best is 6 computers at once.
>>
too many times, i would literally let pajeet install my os at this point, that's how much you stop giving a fuck as you get older
>>
Twice on virtual machines.
Back in the time I used Windows I had Pajeet do it, I think GNU-based is around 10, not sure.
>>
>>58939938
over 9000 times. i have an ocd about formatting and clean installing if I feel that the system is not running as I intended.
>>
More than 500 times for sure, for personal use.

More if we count installs to other computers.

Since I learned how to do more than sit and play videogames at the computer, back when I had 98SE, I always felt the urge to reinstall it for whatever reason. In the XP days, I kept XP for quite a good while without reinstalling, and then when 7 came out it was that shit all over again + dual booting over and over and over. Nowadays it's even harder because every system has a good set of flaws. Every distro I try, every Windows version that is still supported, even hackintosh.
>>
i used to work in a virtualization lab, so several hundred.

i started memorizing license keys for each version to make it go quicker.
>>
>>58939938

Hundreds. I've lost count. 1000? 2000? Starting with Windows 3.0 & 3.1/3.11.

I worked in the Computing Science Department for a major State university, then later for a fed government contractor in the tech sector. Especially Windows NT and Win2000, hundreds of lab computers, plus dozens for professors and students. Got to remember, "deployment" back in those days usually meant you had a stack of CDs and walked down a row of computers installing, then kept running back to the beginning of the row to catch all of them at critical install points to select the correct options.

Fun times. Fun times.

Probably about 50 (75-ish?) installs of WinXP and Win7 each. Two installs of Win8, never 8.1, and two Win7-to-Win10 "upgrades" for family members.

Hopefully I'll make about a dozen Win7 installs (probably to VMs mostly) in the next couple years and then never see a Windows install again for the remainder of my life. Although, I will probably also do a couple of WinXP installs to VMs for some esoteric backward compatibility of old software.

I am so fucking glad not to see any of that fucking shit again. Microsoft should have been rolling out a service pack every quarter for every version of Windows since they released Win NT. Just absofuckinglutely no excuse for them not to have. The criminal amount of money they raped the world for and refused to provide even that basic support is unforgivable forever.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.