[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Unsaved data' warnings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1467510120786.png (116KB, 939x595px) Image search: [Google]
1467510120786.png
116KB, 939x595px
>writing a long post on 4chan in Firefox
>press backspace to delete a word, not realizing that for some reason the text area has suddenly been unfocused
>browser goes back to the catalog and your post is GONE
>no warning message, no prompt, no nothing
>pressing the 'page forward' button goes back to the thread with an empty post box
>you go through all the five stages of grief in the timespan of five minutes

When Safari was on Windows, I remember that if you had entered data into a text field and you unintentionally performed an action that would cause you to leave or reload the page, it would warn you and prompt you whether you wanted to discard said data.

Why can't other browsers do the same thing? I've now resorted to writing long posts in a text editor to avoid this incident and the accompanying roller coaster of negative emotions from ever happening again.
>>
>>58935896
alternatively, could stop being autistic and just select a text field.
>>
>>58935911
/thread
>>
Why does backspace mean 'back one page' in Firefox anyway? Why can't they bind that to alt-left like Chrome instead?
>>
firefox can't even play YT anymore, it's trash.

>in b4 yt-dl + mpv
>>
Chromium doesn't have this problem :^)
>>
Pale Moon doesn't have this problem somehow.
>>
File: 1478365471259.png (8KB, 304x104px) Image search: [Google]
1478365471259.png
8KB, 304x104px
If you use Firefox, hitting backspace will take you back one page. If your browser somehow loses focus of the text field you're typing in and you hit backspace thinking you'll delete a letter or a word, it will take you back one page and you lose your post.

Chrome no longer does this anymore since they changed it to alt+left. You'll get pic related if you press backspace to go back a page now. I hope Firefox makes a similar change.
>>
Chrome doesn't have this problem. Also it saves text.
>>
File: Capture.png (273KB, 1096x643px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
273KB, 1096x643px
>>58936033
>Fagfox v 51.0.1 ((32-bit))
>>
>>58935896

>not realizing that for some reason the text area has suddenly been unfocused

clearly your fault. if you're so clumsy then install lazarus
>>
>>58935896
>>58936105

in about:config, change the browser.backspace_action value from "0" to "1". now outside of a text field, backspace will now scroll up the page (shift+backspace scrolls down)
>>
>>58936114
>Also it saves text
yeah on a server that looks like the monolith from 2001 in a basement somewhere in mayland
>>
File: file.png (595KB, 1120x717px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
595KB, 1120x717px
>>58936033
>>58936278

What did you mean by this?
>>
If you write posts long enough to care about this shit, you should just type them out in a text editor and copy them over.
>>
>>58936871
Why?
>>
>>58935896
Retards like you are the reason why chrome removed backspace functionality.
>>
File: poz5.png (65KB, 1132x749px) Image search: [Google]
poz5.png
65KB, 1132x749px
>>58936833
>>58936033
wew

it was the add-on flash control. fagfox doesn't use html5 on that version i guess. it's all cuckware bloat with hueg lag.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-control/
>>
>>58935954
Alt+left also bound to 'back'.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.