[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best BitTorrent client and why is it qbittorrent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: images (3).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
What is the best BitTorrent client and why is it qbittorrent?
>>
who cares

they're just programs you use to download torrents
>>
wtf this quesiton is so stupid. You asked what is the best bitorrent client and you mentioned why the best one is qbittorent, that means you already know the best bitorrent client already. That makes asking what is the best bitorrent client pointless if you already know it. So I ask you, why ddi you ask a question you already know?
>>
>>58935824
Autism much?
>>
>>58935700
right answer
>>
>>58935958
Autism is what OP is portraying. That other guy is showing reasonable concern over a dumb, poorly redacted thread. Perfectly reasonable.
>>
Tixati because it just werks
>>
>>58935623
i use it on windows but on my mac i use transmission for some reason
>>
>>58935623
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer
>>
>>58936202
>using transmission
>on mac

I wouldn't, they've had malware injected into their client TWICE
>>
I use pirated uTorrent pro. It just werks
>>
>>58935623
my benis releases a torrent of semen
>>
>>58935623
The real question is what's a good site for downloading movies and music that isn't shut down already?
>>
File: file.png (108KB, 1026x513px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
108KB, 1026x513px
>>58936527
uTorrent is a botnet even without all the adware.

I'm currently using deluge. It has a pretty nice WebUI and works in cli also.
>>
>>58935623
Deluge
>>
>>58938295
PTP and PTH, obviously.
>>
>>58935700
Thread closed
>>
bitcomet
>>
Nothing beats rtorrent with plugins as far is I'm concerned. Without plugins it's complete garbage though.
>>
>>58938336
>inb4 people bitch about the proxy settings
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 964x290px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 964x290px
If your client use more than 20MiB of RAM, it's not the good one.
>>
utorrent 2.2.1

GDI32.dll force closes it on Win 10 on exit. My event log is filling with application error msgs. Still not gonna replace it.
>>
>>58935623
>why is it qbittorrent?
It's open source and cross-platform.
It's ad- and bloat-free – kind of resembles µTorrent from the good days.
Feature rich – has scheduling, RSS and everything you would expect form a BitTorrent client without going overboard (looking at you, Vuze).
It's accepted on all private trackers because it's extremely standards-compliant.

As a former admin on a private tracker I can say without a doubt that qBittorrent had, by far, the least issues with misbehaving in the swarm, reporting faulty stats etc.

tl;dr: qBittorrent is based as fuck.
>>
File: 99335082.png (4KB, 185x186px) Image search: [Google]
99335082.png
4KB, 185x186px
Guys i like qb very much but recently all of my RSS torrents are getting stalled when automatically added. Im on 3.3.10 right now. It didnt happen like half a year ago... Do any of you have any ideas how to fix that? Thanks!
>>
>>58940763
Maybe you accidentally checked "Do not start the download automatically" or something like that?

If it's not too much trouble (tons of private torrents seeding and whatnot) you could consider doing a completely clean install.
Btw. they have a 64-bit client now.
>>
>>58940811
No, my settings are fine and i have a clean install. Also using 64-bit. Thanks for suggestions anyway.
>>
>>58940853
Okay. Is the tracker perhaps using a self-signed SSL certificate?
I've had troubles with this in the past on various trackers.
>>
>>58940853
>>58940885
Also try deleting the feed (or feed URL) and re-adding it.
Maybe the site changed something in the URL or its parameters.
And if you're using one of those URLs with the cookie information embedded in it, make sure that stuff is up to date.
>>
>>58940885
>>58940894
Thank you, anon, ill give it a try.
>>
These threads are no better than 16Gb ram threads
>>
File: 1462346886944.png (326KB, 3388x3638px) Image search: [Google]
1462346886944.png
326KB, 3388x3638px
>>58940525
>tfw vuze needs 400MB
>>
Transmission and rTorrent are the best. They're FOSS and aren't bogged down with libtorrent-rasterbar trash.
>>
>>58940525
I'm running Transmission right now and it's using 9MiB of RAM.
>>
qbittorrent masterrace here
>>
utorrent 2.2.1
>>
>>58938295
https://www.skytorrents.in/
>>
>>58935623
Because it tries to dowload everything at once instead of queueing files.
>>
>>58935623
it has search engine
>>
>>58941465
>Transmission
https://transmissionbt.com/keydnap_qa/

Never again.
>>
>>58941639
>Mac version
Wow it's literally nothing.
>>
>>58941644
The malware was target at macOS, but the underlying vulnerability with their servers and the ability for attackers to tinker with files was obviously a problem with their backend security. Transmission has lost all credibility and next time the malware might target your platform.
>>
>>58940941
No probs, do post if you find a solution.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.