[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Apple start failing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: who-wants-a-stylus.jpg (127KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
who-wants-a-stylus.jpg
127KB, 2048x1536px
When did Apple start failing?
>>
File: Untitled.png (201KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
201KB, 450x370px
this shit
>>
/g/ will invariably say it was whatever made apple go mainstream. /g/ is just a bunch of autistic hipsters.
>>
After Jobs left, pretty much.

The pursuit of perfection, and making good products, was thrown to the way side, not long after. Their design choices have become a joke.

>>58935044
This bullshit is a good example.
>>
>>58935044
I know nothing of apple phones, what did they do here?
>>
>>58935129
>camera bump
-does not allow phone to sit flat
>antenna lines
-not aesthetically pleasing...it's not like this phone went all out to be 100% function over form. it's a half ass compromise between the two
>>
>>58935129
I have no idea.
But if it was a car I'd go for bumpers.
>>
>>58935187
>-not aesthetically pleasing
it looks fine. get some perspective.
>>
Apple was the first big tech company with the idea to appeal to the non tech savvy professional: writers, musicians, architects, graphics designer. Because of that, they gain a lot of traction in the hipster wannabe market.

Modern Apple shifted from selling to professionals to selling to the hipsters, and that's the problem.

In the office we have frustrated video editors, we are trying to start making 4k content but the Mac Pro tin cans are not cutting it.

And there are no new mac pros, the iMac is slow and the new macbooks are slow and have that useless DJ touch screen.

Solution? Buy dell optiplexs and waste time training people that have been using macs for decades to use Windows just because these retards decided they don't give a shit about professionals anymore.
>>
File: back.jpg (135KB, 800x694px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
135KB, 800x694px
>>58935215
Here's my perspective
>no camera bump
>no "antenna lines"
>still maintains metal back to avoid using fragile glass

It's a technical obstacle that they solved several years ago.

Tim Cook era Apple is full of shit with "no taste" as Jobs would have said.
>>
>>58935019
Jobs was running it into the ground, so he got fired.
Then the guys that took over the company started running into the ground, bought Next just so Jobs could be back. He couldn't save the company, so daddy Gates lent a hand.
It's now starting to run into the ground because the Jobs culture is dead without him. Not that he could ride the waves much longer, I think.
>>
>>58935342
Well said.

It still boggles my mind how the next iterations of the iPhone post-5S all look worse, barring the SE.
Ive has a hard on for "smooth edges" that just make the phone slippery as all hell and look worse than the older model. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>58935019
Straight out of the gate, when Bill Gates stole Jobs idea for the ease of use way back in the age of the dinosaurs.
>>
File: Steve_Jobs_by_Walter_Isaacson.jpg (33KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Jobs_by_Walter_Isaacson.jpg
33KB, 300x480px
>>58935019

What's everyone's opinion on pic related? Been reading it recently and it's interesting to think about how different modern technology would be if IBM 'won' against Apple.
>>
>>58935519
Steve Jobs was just about to fire Johnny Ives when he returned to Apple in 1997. He was gonna hire Richard Sapper, the designer of the Thinkpad as his replacement. Unfortunately Sapper refused. You can see that the Wallstreet PowerBook G3 was designed after a Thinkpad with a giant selection of ports and 2 expansion bays.
What a different world this would have been though.
>>
>>58935652
that'd have been wonderful
>>
>>58935019
When Jobs died
>>
File: 1484264320237.jpg (2MB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1484264320237.jpg
2MB, 1350x1800px
>>58935817
we predicted his death
>>
>>58935019
>"What should we call our company?"
>"How about...Apple?"
>>
>>58935019
Right after the 4S
>>
File: 1473787904518.png (1MB, 695x1614px) Image search: [Google]
1473787904518.png
1MB, 695x1614px
>>58935019
>>
>>58935878
This
>>
>>58935019
>(((start)))
>>
>>58935019
it was always a failure, they were a meme gimmick music player company
>>
>>58935019
When Jobs died there was nobody around to be a gigantic dick to the engineers any more and tell them that they're shit and not good enough. Without having somebody there in the way of letting shit pass, shit gets through.

I'm convinced that Jobs was great for Apple not because he had some grand scheme of how things should be, but because he had no idea how the engineering was done. Engineers will look at something that's not quite perfect and go, "but it would be so hard to fix, not worth the time", but a gigantic dick of a boss will say, "fuck you, fix it".

Apple was literally being bullied into greatness.
>>
>>58935019
Tim Cook

▲ ▲
>>
>>58935519
I REALLY liked that book. It presented Jobs in a fair light: he was an egotistical maniac, but that batshit insanity, aside from wearing everyone down, brought us some really nice products.

It also shows you that a lot of the technology we see today is largely in part of Job's headstrong temperament. I've started emailing CEO's for partnerships with my own business as a result. That "fuck the rulebook, I want something and I WILL get it" mentality the book focused on was a really good takeaway.
>>
>>58935019
Lisa
>>
Apple fucked up when they told professionals to go fuck themselves and moved all their attention to milking normies.

>turned the MacBook Pro into a glorified media consumption machine
>stopped innovating in OS X
>let products line stagnate or made questionable dragon decisions (Mac Pro)
>More recently started "updating" product lines with less functionality and gimmicky useless features

But they're making money hand over fist so I guess it's okay
>>
>>58937240
>But they're making money hand over fist so I guess it's okay
That was Bill Gates' only yardstick. Until Apple excelled Microsoft. Then he went out spending your money to redeem himself.
>>
>>58935519

Listened to the audiobook, spit my coffee out when he described someone as "a shithead who sucks"
>>
It's no meme, it really was when Steve Jobs died. His legacy should've went down with him instead of dying a slow death by some cuck faggot that reminds everyone every conference that he's gay.
>>
File: 1477428968082.png (240KB, 377x434px) Image search: [Google]
1477428968082.png
240KB, 377x434px
>>58939071
>>
You know I just talked this over with my coworker. And I noticed that Apple can easily make a point of sale register system. They would instantly be the best and have a far more intuitive system then any other company right now.

But no, we have phones and computers.
>>
god the SE is so fucking sexy

I wish it was just a bit bigger
>>
>>58939410
I ordered a Moto Z Play as an upgrade from my LG G3. I was actually considering a 64GB iPhone SE for a while, but a screen that size just would be uncomfortable for me to use.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.