[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No algorithm sports a moustache

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: large[1].jpg (141KB, 768x997px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
141KB, 768x997px
>Facebook censored a Vietnam war photo for showing a nude little girl. That was because of an algorithm. Netflix offers you movies and series according to your tastes. THis is again due to an algorithm. Google suggests news related to whatever themes you've clicked before. They enclose you into a 'cognitive bubble'. An algorithm is, as always, responsible for this. The algorithm is today the supreme power. It was an algorithm that defeated the world champion at the "go" game. Can you define what an algorithm is? No? For your peace of mind, neither can I. As any good periodist, I went to Wikipedia: "An algorithm is a pre-written set of instructions or well defined rules, ordered and finite that allow to carry out an activity through sucesive steps without generating any doubts on what(t.n.: typo? said "who") said activity should do". As you see, it is way more clear now. The new media (Google, Facebook) is under the management of a robot that makes you believe you are boss. But advertising is sold, You are sold. Your consumption habits, your tastes and colors are memorized and put for sale. Soon an algorithm will tell you what dishes to choose on restaurants. Or who you should arry with. Or who you should vote. 'Zuckerberg is watching you'.
>I've said it often since the publication of 13.99 euros, in 2000: do not trust that which is free (t.n.: "gratis", free beer). You work for free to enrich Facebook, Google, Instagram and Twitter. All the time you spend browsing the Internet you should be getting paid. In Matrix, the bad guy was an algorithm, agent Smith.
(1/3)
>>
>>58933131
>What annoys me on all this is that we gave the keys for power to freaks (t.n.: meaning nerd) and 'nerds'. The world today is in the hands of guys that never had fun, sexually frustrated people that played videogames and passed the day in front of their computer screens. The world is in the hands of 'informáticos' (t.n.: computer nerd/scientist/engineer/savvy) with pimples and googles that never get out of their homes and which do not care for neither democracy nor privacy. Mark Zuckerberg, Reed Hastings, Jeff Bezos and Larry Page arent joking. They're dudes that can quote every piece of dialogue from Star Wars but have as much imaginaton as agent Smith. Dudes that listened Kraftwerk but ignored the existence of Bob Marley -I'm not sure if you're understanding the gravity of the situation-. Guys that were turned down by all the girs until they earned their first billions of euros. Guys that can't dance, nor surf, nor 'skate', nor 'break' (t.n: breakdance?), nor fuck. Guys with a physical complex that have done nothing else but masturbate for their first 25 years. First at math, champions of the algorithm. These are the ones that govern us. Well, almost.
>>
>>58933141
>On last October's ICON party, I shaked hands with a young, super handsome smiling guy that looked like a 'madelman' (t.n.: old spanish toy figurine) - in fact, Jean Paul-Gaultier and Carmen Lomana were drooling while looking at huim-. They explained to me that it was Albert Rivera, president of Ciudadanos (spanish political party) . I had just recieved the 2016 ICON Prize to Cultural Agitation and he looked at me as if I was someone really important. He charmed since that very instant. This guy is 15 years younger than I and some day he'll rule your country, I'm calling it now. On France we have someone similar, called Emmanuel Macron. When someone's tired they want the future look like them. They're so perfect, so smooth, so... clean. I really hope they're not algorithms.
>As the owner of a 2016 ICON Prize I can't end this page without thanking Eduardo Mendoza, who left it to me in inheritance. Should have done it sooner. Beloved Eduardo, you have all my gratitude. You, at least, I know you're not an algorithm. No algorithm sports a moustache
(3/3)
>>
>>58933141
>What annoys me on all this is that we gave the keys for power to freaks (t.n.: meaning nerd) and 'nerds'. The world today is in the hands of guys that never had fun, sexually frustrated people that played videogames and passed the day in front of their computer screens.

stopped reading there.
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
If you're gonna bitch about algorithms being made exclusively by nerds, you have only yourself to blame. You chose to go to prom, instead of learning how your fucking computer works.
>>
>>58935422
I mean, you can do both. The issue here is partially the stereotyping of all nerds/programmers/computer savvy people as losers with no social lives or interests outside of cliche nerd stuff.
>>
>>58935422
While you were partying
I studied the blade
>>
>what do you mean technology has been shaping society since the 19th century ?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.