[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Implementation of random data dumps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/justice-naps-man-jailed-16-months-for-refusing-to-reveal-passwords/

Why aren't we implementing a feature where a foss program writes ~30mb of random data every time it is initiated? Might as well put this on GNU licence that your program has to dump random data to random parts of your hdd every time the code is used. On a large scale, prosecuting someone just because they have random data on their hdd will be inefficient if not useless because foss software is used on such a large scale even jailing that much people for the amount of intel they get is stupid and useless. WHY AREN'T WE FUNDING THIS??
>>
>>58931747
Terry believes that CIA SPACE ALIEN NIGGERS control random data/numbers. Go talk to him
>>
>>58931811
Actually, hashing your asses' diameter and using it as a startpoint for random data generation seems like a good idea. Fuck terry btw.
>>
>>58931747
...because I'd lose ~30mb of HDD space every time I open libreoffice?
>>
>install windows on a 1TB hard drive
>fill up the rest of the space with large files of random data
>leave it in an old computer in plain sight
>police raid house and take it
>over 9000 supercomputer hours are wasted trying to brute force your random data
>>
>>58932793
He means it writes it then sets that space as available to be overwritten.

Same as writing a random 30MB file then deleting it windows
>>
>>58932839
sign me up then
>>
It wouldn't work in real life
>>
>>58932833
>police lock you up indefinitley while they try to brute force it
>>
This is bullshit
>>
>>58933140
Explain
>>
>>58934677
>>58933140
Like, if you are that desperate for money that you shill for NSA, give me your bitcoin adress. I'll transfer enough money for you to buy a toilet.
>>
>>58931747
>prosecutors were monitoring the online network, Freenet
>encrypted with Apple's standard FileVault software.

stay sharp anons, this is very very probably just a planned news to make people believe that closed source encryption by US companies dont have built-in backdoors, its not like they are gonna blow the secret just to get a single isolated criminal (its the same (nazi)enigma-decrypter dilemma from the dramatized film themed after alan turing in WW2)

idk about freenet, but it could also be a FUD against it.

i dont even mean that arstechnica is cooperating with the plantnews, it is a real report, the high command of the FBI simply passed the information the way they wanted publicized by media outlets organically.

ill pretend i dont think theres anyone on /g/ that thinks apple and microsoft encryption dont have bakcdoors
>>
>>58934846
Of course, remember the time FBI asked Apple to unlock the iPhone of a terrorist but fruit faggots refused? And then, somehow, they figured out a way to crack iOSs' security with a collaboration with (((Cellebrite))). It was a good PR work if you ask me.
>>
>>58934898
http://www.redmondpie.com/firm-that-helped-fbi-break-into-san-bernardino-iphone-gets-hacked-tools-leaked-online/
>>
>>58935971
According to the FBI there was nothing of interest on the iPhone in question. But they'd say that if they failed to get in and didn't want to tackle Apple in court, wouldn't they.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.