[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is resetting PC to factory settings so comfy, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 1920x1080px
Why is resetting PC to factory settings so comfy, /g/?
>>
>"upgraded" from windows 7 to windows 10 pro 2 years ago without reinstalling
>windows 7 installation is from 2011
>finally decide to clean reinstall after getting weird errors a few weeks ago
>everything is fast and responsive
Feels good.
>>
>>58931069
Nice.
>>
>>58930972
# slackpkg clean-system
>>
It removes all autistic modifications you made to the system that only resulted in worse performance
>>
>>58930972
>Why is resetting PC to factory settings so comfy, /g/?
It's not, it means that something has gone horribly wrong, Windows is now perma-broken and I have to re-do all the effort of cleaning up the fucking disaster that is stock Windows 10.
>>
>>58931582
This
>>
>>58930972
If you have to "reset to factory settings" you're better off just nuking it from orbit and clean installing.
>>
>>58931627
>unnecessary quotation marks
>>
File: reset.jpg (116KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
reset.jpg
116KB, 1280x800px
>>58930972
You may not think so, but this is what the ideal factory reset computer looks like.

>>58931069
I know that feeling. I just downgraded my desktop from Win10 to Win 7 Pro after having a terrible time with the former for the last year - I forgot how wonderful 7 was.

>>58931509
Glorious Slackware masterrace.
>>
>you have now to reinstall all your shit
Not comfy at all
>>
>>58934488
Depends on if you followed the three golden rules of computing: backup, backup, and backup.

I have all my shit backed up to two separate external HDDs, so when I do a factory reset I can pull back in all the shitty programs I use... to be honest, I don't really find that I use that many, and it's sometimes nice to do the nuclear option to slim them out.
>>
Because it's something you'll never be able to do as a human being.

Imagine that, being born again.
>>
>>58930972
Because you are using Windows.
>>
i just install windows on my ssd,all my gayms and big stuff on my hdd and just reinstall windows without losing anything big
>>
>>58930972
>"YUM YUM YUM, I LITERALLY LOVE DICKS"
Whatever OP
>>
>>58931582
This.

I guess in OP's defense it feels nice knowing you don't have hidden malware or fucked up system settings anymore.

My last reset was like 6 years ago.
>>
File: 1485461135723.png (711KB, 1012x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1485461135723.png
711KB, 1012x1088px
>>58934400
anon, that's windows vista....
>>
>>58930972

>He enjoys the botnet.
>>
>>58930972
>you wish you could reset your life but are too weak to change
>kill your OS, for some reason this brings you satisfaction.

kill yourself
>>
>>58935504
That's how it comes from the factory
>>
>thinking stock windows is comfy
>>
>>58934673
This I have an external HDD exclusively to hoard installers.
>>
>>58931069
It's refreshing reading this kind of posts of people actually acknowledging that sometimes shit doesn't work because they didn't make a proper installation. You have faggots left and right saying how much linux sucks and shit doesn't work, people complaining on how bad are osx upgrades and turbo faggots speaking of going back to XP just because they can't fucking manage a clean installation.
>>
>>58936993
stock nuthin is comfy
windows = qttabbar + winaerotweaker + displayfusion at the very least
android = unlock + root + ROM + xposed (fuck off 7.0)
don't remember what i did for linux since im not a faggot, but i remember messing around a ton with X just to get my dual monitor setup working.
>>
>>58935277
>>
>>58935483

I do love some dicks.
>>
>>58936993

Stock everything is incredibly comfy, not just computers. Cars too.
>>
>>58930972
>win7 install
>upgrade to 8
>clone to ssd
>clone to bigger ssd
>windows 10 upgrade
>even bigger ssd upgrade clone
>win 10 ae upgrade
>same programs keep it well mantained
>havent started from scratch for years
it just werks
>>
>>58935468
I implemented this setup on my gaymen rig yesterday.
>>
>>58935468
>>58939777
Doesn't Steam cry if you do that?
>>
>>58930972
Is factory reset the same as reinstalling?
>>
>>58934400
vista is pretty cool
but not being able to disable window shadows makes me puke
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.