[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man jailed indefinitely for not unlocking HDD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 38

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/justice-naps-man-jailed-16-months-for-refusing-to-reveal-passwords/

>just use dm-crypt they said
>hidden volumes are pointless!
>my stuff is encrypted!

Can we agree that regular encryption is useless against the feds?
>>
he should just used magnets or destroyed his HDD on arrest
>>
>American justice system
>>
He's clearly guilty or he would just have decrypted his disk.
>>
>>58927569
>Living in a 3rd world country
>>
>>58927615
He was using freenet so that's obvious, but that isn't the point of this thread.

I'm saying simply encrypting your drives isn't going to do jack shit. you NEED Vera/true crypt.
>>
>>58927569

Encryption is for Muslim, trump said so.
>>
File: 1448138547731.jpg (44KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1448138547731.jpg
44KB, 429x410px
>>58927569
>much freedums
Hahahah, americucks are delusional.
>>
File: recdean.jpg (8KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
recdean.jpg
8KB, 233x216px
>>58927569
>infinite jail time because you refuse to self-incriminate
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>58927733
Statists will unironically defend this.
>>
>>58927745
Actually, the ones defending your privacy rights are liberals, and the ones attacking them in congress are usually Republicans.
>>
>>58927569
dm-crypt uses SHA1 and AES128 by default, use a real encryption program like Truecrypt
>>
>>58927725
Freedums is a bait for immigrants
>>
>>58927755
WAHHH LEFT VS RIGHT, fuck off statist
>>
>>58927772
Funny how you keep using "statist" as if it was an insult. I was just pointing out that you're wrong, those whom you deem "statists" usually will not defend this. Stay rectally shattered.
>>
>>58927788
not him but he's right that both the Democrats and the Republicans generally like the idea of gutting the Bill of Rights. They just differ in what they would then want to use their newfound power to do.
>>
File: 1485624884818.jpg (16KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485624884818.jpg
16KB, 220x250px
>>58927764
>passing command line options is too hard!
>better trust program X defaults instead!
>>
>>58927569
Only if you live in Freedom Ain't Free land.
>>
>>58927840
Because good software should have sane defaults. That's the whole purpose of defaults.
>>
>>58927764
there is literally nothing wrong with AES128.
>>
>>58927829

How exactly are Democrats trying to gut the Bill of Rights?

>inb4 muh second amendment
Hahah, nice try but the second amendment doesn't mean what you think it means, dumb conservatard:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/d-robert-worley/judicial-activism-and-the_b_2412471.html
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-13_14-04-41.png (8KB, 288x205px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-13_14-04-41.png
8KB, 288x205px
>>58927764
wrong
>>
>>58927764
doesnt matter what it is.
the developer explicitly said they would not implement hidden volumes for whatever dumb reason.
>>
>>58927755

>Actually, the ones defending your privacy rights are liberals

Not once they get to the committee or executive stage. For congress it's just for show, if a couple need to switch sides to get a surveillance law passed they do so by pure coincidence.
>>
>>58927869
Yeah, yeah, the Second. Sure, that's important, but it's not the main issue.

When exactly have they stood up for the Fourth? Obama not only maintained but expanded the NSA's warrantless data collection. How about the First? Democrats love the idea of banning speech they don't like, either on the grounds of "hate speech", or because they want to control who gets to speak on political matters (Citizens United)

Also "judicial activism" means the same thing whether a Democrat or a Republican is saying it - it means "Judges are refusing to impose my social agenda from the bench! How dare they!" Only difference between the parties being which social agenda they want imposed.
>>
>>58927569
>he doesn't install a microboard into his drives to delete all data whenever he needs to with a small touch of a remote button

lmao whata noob
>>
>>58927755
both liberals and republicans are statists
>>
File: delet_this.png (19KB, 116x106px) Image search: [Google]
delet_this.png
19KB, 116x106px
>>58927933
While we can always assume nigger is a pedo, he may be not and it could be (You) in his place. Don't you need this data you encrypt?
>>
>>58927912
Most liberals in congress are liberals in name only. I'm talking about people like Richard Stallman, Ralph Nader and Lawrence Lessig.

>>58927927
>Obama
Another liberal in name only.

>hate speech
Hate speech is not free speech.

>Citizens United
If you unironically defend that, then you're a corporate cuck beyond help.

>>58927943
>everything I don't like is statism
>>
>land of the free
>>
>>58927953
>everything I don't like is statism
you have a childish understanding of politics.

statism = supporting the existence of a state. Both liberals and republicans want a state to exist, therefore they're both statists. Would you like me to explain using pictures since big boy words intimidate you?
>>
>>58927869

>How exactly are Democrats trying to gut the Bill of Rights?

Civil rights act is the big one, murdered freedom of speech within private enterprise. It was pretty much where the American experiment ended, the death of liberty.

Democrats on the whole are very supportive of hate speech laws.
>>
>>58927943
And Libertarians are also happy to support statists in exchange for lower taxes and muh guns
>>
>>58927953
>>Hate speech is not free speech.
Then you're opposed to allowing free speech at all? Because you're essentially asserting that you should be able to prohibit someone from speaking completely arbitrarily, because you decided that you found what they say is offensive. Free speech needs to be absolute if it is to have any meaning whatsoever.

>If you unironically defend that, then you're a corporate cuck beyond help.
Yes, I unironically defend that. What do you think those campaign contributions get used for? Political speech. Ads, travel and rallies, get-out-the vote campaigns, local offices, etc. You're saying that we shouldn't be able to support those things above some arbitrary limit?

Ironically if such a thing were constitutional, and stringently enforced, the net effect would be that only the rich could afford to run for office.
>>
>>58927569
Good, if you had nothing to hide you wouldn't encrypt anything at all. I can't wait for trump to BTFO criminal defending encryptards by making it a crime to not decrypt your drive.
>>
>>58927974
>It was pretty much where the American experiment ended
Nah, it happened much earlier than that. If it wasn't the Sixteenth Amendment that did it, then that criminal FDR certainly finished the job.
>>
>>58927953

>Hate speech is not free speech.

- hate speech is free speech
- no freedom of religion
- the biggest asshole religions get the most privilege (Islam, Dominion Church, etc). Atheists get fucked.

You get to pick one, which one do you want?
>>
File: perdackmobile.gif (2MB, 700x401px) Image search: [Google]
perdackmobile.gif
2MB, 700x401px
>>58927996
>encrypt for fun on a linux machine
>years passed
>forgot password long ago
>THIS IS POLICE, EVERYBODY DON'T MOVE
>>
>>58928027
GET ON THE GROUND, FUCKO
>>
>>58927890
Lol. Fbi shills btfo.
>>
>>58928027
>encrypting
>fun
>>
>>58928027
>lol I forgot it :^)
Not an excuse
>>
>>58928027
>forgot password long ago
the only way this would work is if you spoofed any info related to access times from your HDD.

i mean, if it shows you accessed that HDD 2 days ago and you stated you 'forgot your password' 2 years ago..then yeah, you fucked up
>>
>>58928012
All speech is free speech ragardless if it hurts someones feelings or not. You either have free speech or you dont its that simple.

Libtards are trying to literally dismantle the 1st amendment because muh feels.

If we are truely free we have the right to love and the right to hate.
>>
>>58927869
>Huffpost
Opinion discarded
>>
>>58928086
You can't threaten to harm someone or shoot up a school or assassinate the president. Absolute free speech doesn't exist.
>>
>>58928118
What's punishable there should not be speech, but carrying out (or attempting to carry out) the threatened actions.

A threat of harm unaccompanied by any action to back it up should not be something that is within the government's remit to punish.
>>
>>58928101
>le genetic fallacy XDDDDDDD

>>58928086
>le hate speech is free speech meem XDDDDDDD
>>
>>58928074
Well, I'm assuming encrypted partition on main HDD, not separate HDD. Where one may look up if certain part ever being accessed?
>>58928086
>>58928012
Ah, ain't censorship "great"? You forbid "hurts muh feels" hate speech and not only you can control information but you have people support for it.
>>
>>58927569
too much freedom

>encrypted with Apple's standard FileVault software.
oh shit, is this real where is the fucking backdoor you fucking anti-patriotic apple shit company
>>
>>58928118
>I'm going to blow up this elementary school
>I'm warning you! you better stop me!
>in 2 hours I will blow it up!

>2 hours later
>Man arrested for blowing up elementary school
>Officials questioned as to why they did nothing
>LPD: well its america and he has the right to say whatever he wants..r-right
>>
>>58928151
>Where one may look up if certain part ever being accessed?
depends on the OS and such.
I don't know for certain, but im sure expert forensics have many tools for doing such a simple task.
>>
>>58928141
You think its a joke?

Guess what. Your comment just offended me. So by your logic you just commited a crime.

Now do you see your fallacy?
>>
>>58928137
>Walk up to police officer
>Fuck you pig, I'm going to kill you
>WAIT! WHAT ABOUT MY FREE SPEECH! RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>58927764
>Not Veracrypt
>>
>>58928191
Yep. If he takes a swing or wields a weapon, sure, arrest him. If he doesn't, and just yells at you, he has done nothing wrong.

The whole point of rights and a constitution to protect them is to restrain the government's power to act, after all. And better that they be restrained too much than too little.
>>
>>58928187
>if I try to blur the distinction between hate speech and free speech, maybe people will believe both are the same
Nice try, but the fallacy is on your side.
>>
>>58928161
Apples iphone encryption is the best available on a phone I don't know why people would doubt their software either. It devalues the company, they give 0 fucks about a few terrorists or pedophiles when it makes the company billions more in revenue.
>>
>>58927996
The exclusionary rule is one way the amendment is enforced. Established in Weeks v. United States (1914), this rule holds that evidence obtained through a Fourth Amendment violation is generally inadmissible at criminal trials. Evidence discovered as a later result of an illegal search may also be inadmissible as "fruit of the poisonous tree," unless it inevitably would have been discovered by legal means.

Wall boy can't do shit.
>>
>>58927953
Hate speech is free speech. You cannot have freedom without risk. Freedom means at the discretion of the person.
>>
>>58928163
>I'm going to blow up this elementary school
>I'm warning you! you better stop me!
>in 2 hours I will blow it up!

>2 hours later
>Man arrested for threatening to blow up school
>DINDU NUFFIN, JUST A JOKE
>3 years jail time
>>
>>58928243
They are the same you god damned idiot.
>>
>>58928257
because it's a proprietary software and american btw
>>
>>58928289
>>58928312
>I'm allowed to scream louder than you, effectively silencing you and depriving you of your free speech
>... because screaming is free speech
Hate speech isn't free speech because it doesn't foster debate, but rather kills it.
>>
>>58928357
Freedom isn't about debate fucker.
Freedom is about being free to express yourself.
>>
>>58928357
There aren't preconditions on free speech. It doesn't have to be useful, or respectful, or foster debate. You don't have to provide any evidence that what you say is valuable. That's what rights are. You don't have to justify your exercise of them in any way to anyone.
>>
File: 1378935104892.gif (456KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1378935104892.gif
456KB, 200x200px
>>58928289
>>58928373

>Hate speech is free speech
>Freedom isn't about debate fucker.
>Freedom is about being free to express yourself.

American logic should be studied. the very concept of free speech, as dictated by your constitution, doesnt give you the freedom to say anything you want, but gives you freedom to speak out against the government or social betters without fear of reprisal.
>>
>random noise is now a criminal offense
wew lad
>>
>>58928357
>i'm trying to rewrite the definition of free and freedom to suit my needs
>>
>>58928373
So you are defending that forms of speech that deny others the freedom to express themselves are also free speech? Nice meme.

>>58928385
No rights are absolute. You don't know the first thing about law.
>>
>>58928394
And the moment you demand to restrict free speech for any reason, you imperil the ability to speak out against your government or social betters. For if you have the right to censor speech in this area, why not that area? Its important that rights be absolute and have no loopholes to protect against their being slowly eroded and rolled back into nonexistence.
>>
>>58928401
>So you are defending that forms of speech that deny others the freedom to express themselves are also free speech?
Oh no. He's retarded.
>>
>>58928401
>No rights are absolute. You don't know the first thing about law.
The law is strictly subordinate to natural rights, and cannot revoke them.

>forms of speech that deny others the freedom to express themselves
No speech denies others the freedom to speak. Everyone has the freedom to speak, and the freedom to not listen to others' speech.
>>
>>58928061
>jailed for no reason
>you're a criminal in public opinion
>people in fear of using encryption
>PROFIT
>>
Is it possible to encrypt a drive in a way that it shows different content depending on which key you enter?
>>
>>58928074
People forget things all the time. Remember when Hillary forgot that the big (C) on government documents stood for classified after the FBI had multiple meetings with her about it?
>>
>>58928427
Nice argument.

>>58928434
>No speech denies others the freedom to speak
Then you have never studied hate speech and its nefarious effects.

As always, dumb conservative opinions are the result of nescience. Colour me (un)surprised.
>>
>>58928412
Yep. Free speech wasn't made to talk about the weather. Its purpose is to be able to discuss controversial things.
>>
>>58927862
So the linux ssh daemon is bad software because it defaults to password authentication?
>>
>>58928453
Being able to discuss controversial things != saying "I hate niggers, gas the kikes, women are dumb!"
>>
>>58928450
>>>No speech denies others the freedom to speak
>Then you have never studied hate speech and its nefarious effects.
take your appeal to consequences and fuck off. "something bad might happen if we let people have rights" is not grounds for restricting those rights.
>>
File: Hitler_cc7984_1044057.jpg (64KB, 780x389px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_cc7984_1044057.jpg
64KB, 780x389px
>>58928453
Stop watering it down, hate speech doesn't "maybe makes bad things happen". It directly causes bad things to fatally happen. Read a book!
>>
>>58928485
You're talking to an Australian or Brit most likely. Both will defend the nanny state until the bitter end.

t. Australian
>>
File: 1373339649592.jpg (197KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
1373339649592.jpg
197KB, 396x600px
>>58928412

nice circular logic.

aside from being words, how does speaking out about a government project that does not take the needs of the people into account, but rather seem to be beneficial to only one party, and yelling "KILL ALL JEWS" on a street corner or "4 YEAR OLD CUNTS ARE SWEET, ME WANNA FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF ONE" in a schoolyard show any form of merit for comparison?

freedom of expression and freedom of speech are two very distinct forms of freedom, hence why its always "freedom of ..." or "freedom from ...."

the freedoms that are bestowed on you are designed to allow you to live free, but also gives others freedom not to have to listen to your unjustified bullshit.
>>
>>58927569
>black guy indefinitely jailed
Nothing to see here, move along.
>>
>>58928510
Meant to reply to >>58928485
>>
>>58928510
You are correct goy, and I find your speech very hateful. I propose that we imprison you for a couple of years for this disgusting hatespeech, my feels are directly threatened by your posts.
>>
>>58928057
when i was 11 years old nested block ciphers were super fun to dick around with. fuck off normie.
>>
>>58928518
If words hurt you buy some headphones.
>>
>>58928537

You don't get to arbitrarily say what hate speech is, you water muddying idiot. There is a clear definition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

>Hate speech is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
>>
>>58928525
Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
>>
>>58928516
#truthbomb
They always full on support the government in spying or minority viewpoint censorship.
>>
>>58928510
Again, you have grounds to punish actions, not words.

>>58928516
I've always wondered why so many people will passionately argue that they should not be allowed to have liberty. It's so sad.

>>58928518
>how does [...] show any form of merit for comparison?
It doesn't need to. You don't have to justify a right.

>the freedoms that are bestowed on you are designed to allow you to live free, but also gives others freedom not to have to listen to your unjustified bullshit.
Good, now we're getting somewhere! I agree completely. If you don't like what someone says, you don't have to listen to them. Nobody ever said you did. I said they have a right to speak, not that you have any obligation to listen, or to agree if you choose to listen.
>>
>>58928548
You attack free speech proponents on the basis of some arbitrary attribute, which is a political view, so your speech is hate speech. Please refrain from posting or i will contact the cops.
>>
The fact that he encrypted it in the first places pretty much proves he has something to hide.
>>
>>58928518
>unjustified bullshit
Who determines if it's unjustified bullshit? You? The government? Who? See the problem with this line of thinking?

People have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness above all else, but in addition to this, they have the right to speak their minds so long as it does not infringe upon that first group of rights. "Having to listen to" someone you don't agree with does not affect your ability to pursue a life of happiness on your own terms.
>>
>>58928552
>citing that shitty poem
I would be glad if they arrested gays, jews, muslims, blacks, brown people, degenerates etc.
>>
>>58928560
>arbitrary
You don't know what that word means.

>>58928559
Uttering words is an action, you dumbass.
>>
>>58927569
He's black, so nothing to worry about.
>>
>>58928548
And those definitions can and do shift over time. That covers many more areas than it would have just a few decades ago. Whoever decides what counts and does not count as hate speech has the ability to censor anyone for any reason they choose, and nobody should have that ability.
>>
>>58928579
There are scientific studies about hate speech, lad. Like I said before, read a book and stop repeating right-wing propaganda, you might learn something.
>>
>>58928074
>the only way this would work is if you spoofed any info related to access times from your HDD.
Where is this get stored?
>>
>>58928571
Yes I do, who decides what attributes have to be attacked to constitute "hate speech"? My guess is as good as yours, which means they're fully arbitrary.
>>
>>58928571
>Uttering words is an action, you dumbass.
That's an SJW tier thought. "Words are violence". Please go neck yourself.
>>
>>58927609
See >>58927616
>>
wow you are all fucking retarded
good job
>>
>>58928566
So? You don't get to throw someone in jail just because he's acting suspiciously. You have to (or, at least, should have to) prove your case conclusively, and the accused is under no obligation to assist you in doing that.

>>58928593
Lots of things are harmful, and have been scientifically proved to be so, and yet we allow them to go on because it would be an unconscionable infringement on individual rights to restrict them.

Arguing that everyone must have their rights restricted to avoid the possibility of them doing harmful things is essentially arguing that everyone must be a prisoner.
>>
>>58928568
And then they will arrest you because reasons.
>>
>>58928605

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Hate_speech_ENG.pdf

http://www.internationalhatestudies.com/topic/hate-speech/
>>
>>58928650
>they arrested everyone else therefore they will arrest you
Flawed leftist logic
>>
>>58927903
Damn that's too bad. DMCrypt would be awesome with hidden volumes.
>>
>>58928595
Blocks in the fs
>>
>>58928593
>There are scientific studies about hate speech
Who gives a shit? Why are you afraid of opinions, anon?

Left wingers are terrified of open and honest debate and will support censorship until we are just a dumbed down proletariat with nothing but SPORTSBALL to talk about publicly.
>>
>>58928675
>debate
So this is about debate. Then we go back to >>58928465
>>
File: 1479278742122.jpg (40KB, 244x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479278742122.jpg
40KB, 244x320px
>>58928675
in fairness the same could be said about a lot of conservatives, too
>>
>>58928675
No, it's right-wingers who are terrified of open and honest debate. That's why they need hate speech, because anger-fueled non-arguments are the only way they can prevail on a debate.
>>
>>58927569
He could have said it was a dummy file
>>
>>58928667
Looks doable

https://www.linuxvoice.com/hidden-encrypted-volumes-keep-data-safe-and-secret/
>>
>living in the USA

It's like you want to be raped in the butthole by bubba.
>>
Why is America so racist? I grew up in Sweden around people from all over the middle east and Africa and we all got along well.
>>
>>58928749
Some peoples sad lives are everybody else's fault but their own.
>>
>>58928749
why so sweden so butthurt ans too much gay ?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/sweden-left-party-toilet-stand_n_1590572.html
>>
>>58928700
There's a difference between verbally harassing someone and free speech. You can't just harass or threaten someone in public.

>>58928703
True.

>>58928708
'no'
>>
>cp

The next Thaddeus McMichael
>>
>>58927569
>right to speedy trial
>>
>>58928548

The problem is that simply discussing statistics about some of the lesser races and social groups such as blacks and homosexuals can be construed as an attack.

Hate speech is an inherently muddy concept, requiring subjective assessment both of intent by the speaker and impact on the listeners. As dystopian as it is, the Canada supreme court had it 100% right when it said "Truth is no Defence!".

In fact the only defence SJW's seem consistently willing to allow against hate speech is that it was a statement made by niggers, muslims or against whites. For those they can find a myriad of excuses, freedom of religion, kicking up, whatever.
>>
>>58928926
>lesser races

>>58928749
your answer
>>
>>58928926
>lesser races
>n-word
This is the kind of person who thinks hate speech is free speech, everyone!
>>
>defending the rights of a pedo
>>
>>58928937
>>58928959
Just because you disagree with some of his opinions doesn't mean that the rest of his points are invalidated.
>>
>>58928749

Sweden got along with itself a whole lot better when they were ethnically homogeneous on just about any positive metric. Less crime, more social engagement, better education etc etc.

This is what the front entrance looks like to a Swedish high school which got a peace prize for accommodating the most refugees last year.
>>
>>58928982
You tell him that. He keeps using that fallacy when he calls us SJWs.
>>
File: 1486972729679.jpg (72KB, 837x736px) Image search: [Google]
1486972729679.jpg
72KB, 837x736px
Why Americans love to bully us?

There's too many military base in Japan and they aren't to defend Japan but dominant it.
They raping our women and our police can't arrest them because there's unfair laws.
Japan is forced to obey what America says all the time.
They just rely on violence.
I feel so misery.

Even Japan made great things like cars. electronics. anime, video games and whatnot, people think we're just slaves.

Are they even have souls?
>>
Wait, why are people saying he should have used better encryption? Nowhere in the news says they decrypted his stuff, seems pretty effective to me
What he should have done is fled that awful country
>>
>>58928999
That doesn't invalidate your points either, but all you're saying is "waah read a book" when he says that free speech legal includes hate speech, which is objectively true as decided by the Supreme Court. He's arguing on a constitutional basis, you're arguing something completely different.
>>
>>58928998

Those people are in Sweden because America bombed Iraq illegally.

Americans are hypocrites bombing the middle east but not taking any refugees.

European countries should never side with USA.
>>
>>58929023
>strawman
>le supreme court gets to decide what the constitution says meme
The Supreme Court often gets it wrong, like in >>58927869.

The constitution clearly grants you freedom of speech, and hate speech is evidently not freedom of speech, therefore there is no constitutional right to hate speech.

Try harder, fascist.
>>
File: 1481492167957.jpg (2MB, 1933x1795px) Image search: [Google]
1481492167957.jpg
2MB, 1933x1795px
>>58927637
You need the hidden file container / hidden partition / hidden OS features in Veracrypt, to be clear.

I'm waiting for a LUKS based hidden container feature on Linux, but retard autists keep screeching about 'REMEMBER THAT XKCD COMIC WHERE SUPER SMUG CARTOONIST TOLD US THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST BEAT YOU WITH A WRENCH? XDDDDDDDDDDD I AM SOOOO INTELLIGENT, CHECKMATE ENCRYPTIONISTS'
>>
>>58929057
>wants to dictate what people can say
>calls other people facist
>>
>>58928959
>getting offended by the word 'nigger'

'murrica!
>>
>>58929027

Ground water depletion was destroying Syria's population capacity. The civil war across the borders threw in a match, but it was going to burn regardless.

PS. there wasn't even any significant drought in Syria in the years before it all went to shit either, that was just a myth. Syria's water problem were purely caused by fossil water depletion.
>>
>>58929057
In what way is hate speech not covered under the first amendment?
Even though the Supreme Court does get it wrong sometimes, as of now, and until precedent changes, hate speech is free speech.
>>
>>58927569
spoliation
>>
>>58928442
Theoretically maybe
>>
>>58927569
>drive is corrupt
>a corrupt drive is indistinguishable from an encrypted one
>feds want me to decrypt drive
>tell them it's not encrypted
>get jailed indefinitely

Great justice system mateys
>>
>Let's say I write some random data on the harddisk.

>Police thinks this is crypted data.

>Asks for password.

>What password?
>>
>>58928458
>the linux ssh daemon
the what now? linux systems typically use OpenSSH, which is an OpenBSD project
>>
>>58929063

Ideally it would be build directly into the file system to get even more plausible deniability.

With the key -> free space in file system = hidden volume
Without key -> free space in file system = free space.

Of course using the file system without the key would destroy your hidden volume pretty much instantly.
>>
Out in the real world:
>You have TWO choices:
>1- Give us the evidence we need to convict you, after which you will rot in jail
>2- Rot in jail for not giving us the evidence we need to convict you

Meanwhile, on /g/:
>You! You are liberool, and therefore BAD!
>No! You are rebooblican, and therefore BAD!
>Europoor is bad!
>No! Burgeristan is bad!
>SYRIA!
>SWEDEN!

The news that you can be jailed for not providing keys to your storage is terrible news. Fighting over "liberool vs rebooblikan" is a waste of time.
>>
File: 1483337854808.jpg (681KB, 1971x1971px) Image search: [Google]
1483337854808.jpg
681KB, 1971x1971px
>>58929057
>hate speech is evidently not freedom of speech

wew fucking lad

>define dissenting opinions as hate speech
>imprison everyone who disagrees with you
>welcome to USSA, non-individual fifth-gendered largebeautiful antelope-kin 17th headmate of trans-black neo-shariah comrade
>>
>>58929091

t. CIA disinfo
>>
>>58927599
If only magnets worked, we should have a device that on a push of a switch enables magnets (makes magnets with electricity) around our hdds, not just fry the controller but renders the plates themselvs useless. But sadly its a myth. Tried by self.
>>
>>58928595
i don't believe hdd's store access times as a low-level function, even if they did, it would need to be provided by the host, which wouldn't be reliable enough to use in court (you'd need to also prove the host clock was correct at the time the hdd was last accessed, which isn't something that will likely be possible)

>>58928674
those will be encrypted
the only data that isn't encrypted on an encrypted filesystem is some metadata related to the encryption system, to aid in identifying the data
this could technically contain a timestamp for when the data was last accessed, but i can't imagine why an encryption system would store this information, at least unencrypted. it more likely only contains a last modified timestamp, which could be much older
>>
>>58928401
>So you are defending that forms of speech that deny others the freedom to express themselves are also free speech?

Hate speech is not screaming, faggot. Hate speech usually is any logical criticism of some established thing.
>>
>>58929291
>Hate speech usually is any logical criticism of some established thing.
No, that is not what hate speech is.
>>
>>58929305

Make sure to communicate it to your gov representatives.

Meanwhile align yourself with reality: http://www.breitbart.com/search/?s=hate+speech
>>
>>58927755
Democrats are slightly better on privacy, only slightly though. Same thing with drugs, Democrats are only slightly better.
It doesn't change the fact politicians who defend privacy the most are Republican (Ron and Rand Paul).
Also Democrats are trying to take away other freedoms like my right to bear arms.
>>
>>58929266
actually i did that by accident years ago with a shitty magnet and corrupted data on a hard drive
>>
Can't you just claim that you forgot the password, and they have no way of verifying that, so they can't really charge you for it?
>>
>>58929400
A democrat president oversaw the largest crackdown on whistleblowers and the largest expansion of illegal warrantless surveillance in history.
>>
>>58929374
>linking to Breitbart
You might as well cite CNN
>>
>>58927953
Hate speech is free speech, you dipshit high school faggot.
>>
>>58929400
>Democrats are slightly better on privacy
Don't fall for the "Democrats and Republicans are different" meme. They are very much the same in terms of what they believe and what they want: the creation of a police state that they want to rule over with an iron fist. If the Democrats were better on privacy, why didn't Obama abolish the NSA seeing that it's unconstitutional. It's the logical conclusion of Bush's Patriot Act.

Drugs, I agree with you somewhat, although that isn't nearly as big of an issue as unwarranted surveillance.
>>
>>58929407
corruption is pretty much encryption that you don't know the password to.
>>
>>58929447
citation(s) needed. Not alt-right make-believe, but real explaination for your wild and misinformed statement.
>>
>>58929467

You might refine to reading sources with most publications. Do it, faggit.
>>
>>58929447
hurr durr I don't know about the Patriot Act
>>
>>58928708
Yes, of course! That's why jewtube, kikebird, and faceberg were removing content that stated factual arguments against your treasonous cunt Hillary.

You leftist scum are going to get yours. Believe it.
>>
>>58929494
https://theintercept.com/2016/04/06/obamas-gift-to-donald-trump-a-policy-of-cracking-down-on-journalists-and-their-sources/

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/01/obama-expands-surveillance-powers-his-way-out

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/03/appeals-court-sends-smith-v-obama-nsa-lawsuit-back-trial-court

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/08/us/nsa-phone-records-collection-ruled-illegal-by-appeals-court.html?_r=0
>>
>>58928749
That's because you swedes are spineless chucks.
>>
>>58928959
>triggered at nigger
please stop being such a pussy
>>
>>58929532
>statement: both democrats and republicans are bad on privacy
>statement: obama oversaw the largest privacy violations ever
>evidence >>58929538
>your retarded statement: LELELELEL PATRIOT ACT HERPITY DERPITY

Retard
>>
>>58929407
Dont know, i used magnets from hards drives, nothing happened.
>>58929475
Nuh, corruption is corruption, theres no turning back
>>
>>58929431
He already said he forgot the password. It was in an article from over a year ago. They will jail him indefinitely until he remembers it again.

>>58929471
Libertarianism is unpopular at this point in US history but that doesn't mean Democrats and Republicans will be authoritarian forever. For example, Democrats used to support slavery and later they became the party of civil rights.
>>
>>58927569

Why can't he say that he has a disk full of random data? Random data is indistinguishable from encrypted data.
>>
>>58929590
>Democrats used to support slavery and later they became the party of civil rights

That's gold. Two senate democrats have filibustered the senate to try to prevent two versions of civil rights acts from passing.
>>
>>58927615
that's the kind of shit tier logic only the american school system could produce
>>
>>58929624
No one except Stallman has the level of autism requires to spend their life in an American jail for no reason other than defending their principles.
>>
>>58929618
Proposed by a Democrat and signed into law by a Democrat
>>
>land of the free
>>
>>58929652

By party[edit]
The original House version:[21]

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[22]

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[21]

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[21]

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Republicans supported the Civil Rights bill at higher rates than Democrats.

Are you learning anything today?
>>
>>58929688
Yes
>>
>>58929688
That might have been the turning point of when southern Democrats switched sides.

Southern Democrats: 8–87 (7–93%)

Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)

Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (onlyRalph YarboroughofTexasvoted in favor)

Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John TowerofTexas)

Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (onlyRobert ByrdofWest Virginiavoted against)

Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)
>>
>>58927569
It is a weird thing.
I am actually okay with this.
I think people should be able to protect their property, like locking their door, encrypting their storage and encrypting their communication.

Police should not be able to break into your house, break into your safe, break into your computer or read your communication without a warrant.
They shouldn't be able to read the logs or meta data without a warrant.

But when you are in court, a judge have found that it is okay to search any of these things, they should be able to.

Holding a man in prison indefinitely is a bit absurd and should obviously not be legal and if the whole case against him is that he has a harddrive with unknown content, obviously he should be let go.

I can see how it is annoying that the police cannot know everything instantly, but I don't think that they should in order to do their job.
>>
>>58929791
>a judge have found that it is okay to search any of these things
If they have a warrant then they can go ahead and look at the drive. Bit by bit, if they want to. That still doesn't mean he has to decrypt it.
>>
>>58929791
They had a warrant and the pedo's sister saw the pedo pics. However, the 5th amendment protects you from incriminating yourself. Read about the reasoning for the 5th amendment.
>>
>>58929791
The Fifth Amendment exists for a reason, anon. You're essentially saying that you feel that judges should be able to arbitrarily suspend your conditional rights. That's a slippery slope that you shouldn't start down.
>>
>>58929885
It's hilarious how cuckservatards defend the 1st and 2nd amendments like they're sacred, but completely forget about the 4th and 5th amendments.

Not to mention their interpretations of the 1st and 2nd are completely warped and twisted. The first doesn't give you the right to hate speech. The second doesn't give you the right to own guns. It's insane!
>>
>>58929624
Why would he go to jail? To hide some anime porn? Would you go to jail to hide your anime porn? If he deliberately went in for 16 months he was damn sure that by revealing he would have gone in for much more time. Or he was helplessly autistic and deserves lifetime mental institution.
>>
they also got ahold of the logs of the files in the encrypted drive before he encrypted them, most of them with names that indicate that it's all cp

not sure why they don't just charge him based on those logs
>>
>>58927569
16 months in jail while all the other trash in there know you're a pedo won't be easy shit either, he'll have to stay the whole sentence in solitary confinement
>>
>>58929954
>Or he was helplessly autistic
I might actually be this. I would be strongly tempted to take the 16mo of prison for the sake of muh ideology muh individual rights etc. And surely I'm not the only one, so this is a possibility.
>>
>>58927978
wrong
>>
>>58930001
You wouldn't survive in jail as an autist, your lawyer will strongly urge you to give up the keys.
>>
>>58929266

>But sadly its a myth. Tried by self.

That is the standard US military protocol for sanitizing in emergency situations you retard. They even have a standardized degausser only for that use in every embassy in every country. You are a retard and have no idea of what you're trying to do.
>>
>>58928118
>or assassinate the president
Last time I checked moaning about Trump assasination was perfectly fit into free speech. Same thing about hatred towards certain demographics.
>>
>>58927943
Everyone is a statist. You have to be fucked in the head to seriously want anarchy.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (61KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
61KB, 736x552px
stupid question.
What if he claims he forgot his passwords? I mean, it's been 16 months. And people forget their passwords all the time, eeven without getting through a stress of being locked up.
>>
>>58927569
> that feel when there is some srsly forbidden stuff on your HDD like hardcore CP and you don't give them access to your HDD because you have to pretend to be a privacy paragon so no one will find your CP
lol
>>
File: 122293074628936.png (850KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
122293074628936.png
850KB, 600x800px
>Everyone is a statist.
>>
>haha saying niggers must be killed is okay guys kek why u so mad it's just an opinion lol why u so thin-skinned lmao
>WHAT, BURNING THE AMERICAN FLAG?!? THAT'S NOT OKAY MAN, IT SHOULD BE BANNED AND YOU MUST ROT IN PRISON!!!11

4chan, everyone
>>
>>58928548
>You can't let gays get married!
>Read the definition of marriage

Definitions don't mean dick buddy. It's all about how it's used.
>>
>>58929091
The last time I asked a refugee, why he left Syria, he answered because of the bombs.
So he was lying and left because he is really foresighted and knew that there will be no water in 20 years.
Sounds very plausible....
>>
>>58930098
The difference is gay marriage doesn't harm anyone, you moron.
>>
>>58928305
#FreeLex
>>
>>58930122
>giving a literal medal for helping aids spread further doesnt harm anyone
Oh you imbecile
>>
Just do what Hilary did, wipe the disks.
He'd be fine then, right? Hilary was.
>>
>>58930094
Nobody said that, poor bait
>>
>>58928450
> studied hate speech
How was you women studies, did you get a good grade on that oppression theory class?
>>
>>58930122
It used to be the opinion of the majority that gay marriage DID harm people, and they had "scientific" evidence to support their claims. Under your logic, that's a perfectly valid argument.
Do you understand how it's possible that we might not know exactly what does and does not hurt people? That human knowledge is still limited and fallible, and why it's important to leave individual rights sovereign rather than abuse them for the sake of the current pop-ethics? I suspect you're the kind of person who claims to """know""" the answer to every question, whether the existence of God, the future of humanity or how many fingers I'm holding up. Unfortunately, your delusions of omniscience do not actually make you any better at determining policy.
>>
>>58930026
>>58929407
>>58929266
But HDDs already have a serious neodymium magnet inside. How does that not corrupt it? Do you have to get even closer to the platters?
>>
File: 1481012779293.jpg (6KB, 158x255px) Image search: [Google]
1481012779293.jpg
6KB, 158x255px
>plant encrypted drive in someones house
>call the cops on them
>>
>>58929954
Because some things look bad, even if you didn't commit the crime in question. It's the same reason you should clam up when your lawyer tells you to, even if questioning isn't directly pertaining to what you're charged with.

They don't care who they get for a crime, as long as they get somebody.
>>
File: _81763098_risitas.jpg (34KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_81763098_risitas.jpg
34KB, 1024x576px
>americans go to jail for refusing to self-incriminate themselves
>>
>>58927569

It took days for appeals courts to take out Trump's travel ban, but this guy still can't even get his case seen? That's some bullshit right there.

>>58928118

These things contain calls to action, and therefore are more than just speech. Speech in and of itself cannot be illegal. The first amendment does not say Congress is forbidden from restricting speech, except when it is hateful or harmful. It just says that it's forbidden from restricting speech. That is a blanket protection offered in the literal text of the first amendment, and there is zero room for interpretation. The supreme court has also consistently upheld that speech that is merely offensive is still free.
>>
>>58930300
i don't mind so long as they aren't self-incriminating someone else
>>
>>58928180
It is OK to say you don't know and you're lying on the internet making up bullshit. Please shut up kid.
>>
File: 1445194316855.jpg (82KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1445194316855.jpg
82KB, 450x450px
>>58930314
>>
File: cp.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>58929968
>they also got ahold of the logs of the files in the encrypted drive before he encrypted them, most of them with names that indicate that it's all cp
>>
>>58930273
that magnet is what the drive uses to write. It "corrupts" it by writing in new data.
>>
>>58930380
>most of them with names that indicate that it's all cp
like "1445194316855.jpg"
>>
>>58929447
Although, Obama did give Chelsea Manning a commuted sentence.
I said slightly better. I still stand by my claim that Democrats are slightly better on average.
They are still bad and effectively neocon warhawks.
It's not enough to make me vote Democrat, especially with their transgressions against the 2nd Amendment. Plus the fact that there are Republicans better than literally all Democrats in terms of privacy really means Democrats aren't serious about these rights.
>>
>>58927569
The detention is build upon the premise that he knows the password.
What if one has a dead man's switch on their encrypted data that changed the password after a certain period of time or certain amount of failed attempts? Surely they can't detain you indefinitely if you don't even know what the password is.
Even if the case law ends up going the prosecutions way, you could still defend yourself.
>>
>>58928566
If you have nothing to hide please contact me about remote administration of your computer and maybe a few more webcams around the house.

If you refuse this request it PRETTY MUCH PROVES you have something to hide.
>>
>>58930482
Are you the bolis?
>>
>>58930482
I didn't elect you as an authority. You hold no office.

Then again, nobody elected Rump either.
>>
File: image.png (532KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
532KB, 1000x1050px
America is a failed state.
Americans lack basic morals and common decency.
Their culture and economy is based on exploitation.
They still believe they are living in the world that existed 100 years ago when they had no competition outside their borders.
They failed at educating their people.
They can't survive without importing millions of workers from outside their borders.
Their farms would collapse without illegal immigrants.
They failed at separating church from 0state.
They fear Muslims while they are 100000 times more likely to die on the toilet.
They live in a police state.
Their communication is being spied on no matter what they do.
They need to hand over their social media passwords when flying.

Etc...
>>
>>58929538
>the fucking intercept dot com
don't make me laugh.
>>
>>58930579
And yet you come to America to post your bullshit.
>>
>>58927599

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiW-BVPCbZk

You don't have the time.

Really only applies to amerifat police though that would do something like a SWAT raid for a digital crime.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 890x876px
>>58930606

I'm not in America. This site was invented by a Japanese, copied by an American and is now again owned by a Japanese.
>>
>>58930556
Oh, fuck off. Trump won legitimately under the rules that everyone agreed to from the beginning.
>>
>>58930666
Do tell where you think the servers are located
>>
File: lolno.jpg (48KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
lolno.jpg
48KB, 703x703px
>>58930708
>legitimately

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/05/at-least-50-donald-trump-electors-were-illegally-seated-as-electoral-college-members-report_partner/

http://stallman.org/republican-election-rigging.html

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-gops-stealth-war-against-voters-w435890
>>
File: m00t.jpg (173KB, 1200x596px) Image search: [Google]
m00t.jpg
173KB, 1200x596px
>>58930738
m00t's basement running on Mac Minis.
>>
>>58930637

Americans have some brutal police. I remember when visitng, they just have this presence/aura that they have assert power over you. Experienced this when my brother got pulled over on our roadtrip. I know that the UK is not perfect, but the police here definitely put a lot of effort into making themselves appear friendly and polite.
>>
>>58930556
Nobody elected the LE or whoever did the analysis on the drive. They don't hold any "office".

God damn this bait.
>>
File: 31699.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
31699.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>58930755
Salon=Breitbart
Stallman=Zealot
Rolling Stone=Fake News
>>
>>58930919
>genetic fallacy
>>
>>58930900
>Nobody elected the LE
You really aren't from America, are you? Do you know why it's a good idea to not have to elect every single LE in this country? Do you know why it's a good idea to not have partisan law?

Jesus fuck, get read.
>>
>>58930945
I never said it was a god idea and now you're moving the goal posts. Feel free to comment on original conversation.

Also, your whole post is utter bullshit. State your opinions instead of sarcastically dragging it out with rhetorical questions like a child.

Get learned. Praise Christ.
>>
>>58927569
>jailing a black man indefinitely in Trump's America
Let's turn this shit against them.
>>
>>58930895
It's self-reinforcing. When you have a thuggish police force, the people that think "I wanna be a cop" and sign up for the police academy tend to be thugs.
>>
>>58928450
>Then you have never studied hate speech and its nefarious effects.
People not buying into your ideology isn't an argument anon.
>>
>>58928700
Who decides what is worthy as an argument? You? The State?

People find anything offensive these days, especially the truth.
>>
File: crumb-sui.jpg (20KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
crumb-sui.jpg
20KB, 280x210px
>>58931020
>Also, your whole post is utter bullshit.
Didn't even try to hide being this BTFO.
>>
>>58929057
>hate speech is evidently not freedom of speech
>fascist
Fucking Poe's law I swear the God.
You're a fucking brainlet moron anyways.
>>
>>58929617
He already admitted to it being encrypted by saying he forgot the password
>>
This guy is guilty as fuck.

That said, his encryption did work and he hasn't been charged. Who knows how long he will rot until the courts figure out what to do though.
>>
>>58927569
>hidden volumes are pointless!
They are. If he were using veracrypt or some other hidden volume supporting software, and he unencrypted it, he'd still be on the hook for the hidden volume, which might not even exist. In other words, because he has plausible deniability in the form of hidden volumes, the government can and will use that as plausible cause to detain him until he hands over the key to the hidden volume. If one does not exist, then he will rot in jail forever

>Can we agree that regular encryption is useless against the feds?
Being a fucking idiot and not using keyfiles is your mistake.

>detained by feds
>smash SD card
>has only copy of keyfile
>tell feds that you destroyed evidence
>go to jail for destroying evidence
>no sex offender registry for kiddy porn
>>
>>58930895
>>58931095
They train officers to be intimidating like that as a psychological attack on criminals, it keeps the officers safe and intimidates criminals into admitting guilt. The entire purpose is to make people uncomfortable because it makes their job easier.
>>
>>58931224
And this is why you never talk to police. Ever.
>>
>>58927569
This niggas a serial killer
>>
>>58931266
You skipped get killed in prison for being a pedophile.
>>
Are there any real world cases where a hidden volume has helped someone?

Everyone claims it would work but until it's been tested I assume it's just a meme.
>>
>>58931289
>go to prison for destroying evidence
>somehow labeled a pedo
I was destroying tax fraud shit Jamal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>58931291
If it did you work wouldn't know. That's kind of the point.
>>
>>58931309
The guards tip off whichever gang likes to kill pedos.

My neighbor worked as a tri-cities prison guard and basically told me the guards could get anyone killed or hospitalized just by saying they were a pedo and they used it to punish prisoners that they didn't like.
>>
>>58931291
well if it worked there probably wouldn't be a news story about it. "Feds check guy's computer, don't find enough evidence to determine whether there's anything there worth investigating, then let him go" doesn't make many headlines.
>>
>>58931266
If you are being busted to kiddie porn, you probably have it in your IP history.
>>
>>58930105

Their agriculture was already collapsing.
>>
File: tard.jpg (71KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
tard.jpg
71KB, 1024x512px
>>58931340
>your IP history
Internet protocol history? lol
>>
>>58931332
I don't see what you're trying to say here. If the guards will call anyone they don't like a pedo, then how is the /g/entooman any more likely to be murdered in jail for being a pedo?

>>58931340
You sound like a ten year old kid, and I have no idea what an 'IP history' is
>>
>>58931340
>you probably have it in your IP history.
and the cyber police probably backtraced it to you, right?
>>
>>58931376
They don't give your personal information out in general population so there is no risk, you can say you were a murderer or whatever it doesn't matter.

Usually pedophiles with high profile cases get stuck in wards where there are no violent offenders because they will be killed in general population.

If you are never convicted but they know you are guilty, the guards will tell the gangs in general pop that you beat a pedophile charge and they will start a fight and try to kill you in the yard or mess to initiate members.
>>
>>58930755
Oh? You're contesting the objectively correct statement that Trump won the election? You don't have to like him, but you need to be a special kind of retard to doubt his victory.
>>
>>58931333
>>58931327

What? The outer volume is as easy to find as a regular volume, no? The only benefit is that it gives you plausible deniability because you can reveal the password to the outer volume.

I would absolutely expect there to be some evidence that this has been successful, even if it were anonymous anecdotal evidence posted on Tor.
>>
>>58931406
Why would the guards know what I was charged but not convicted with?
>>
>>58931433
Someone tells them, judges, attorneys, the victim's relatives. Its how they get justice.
>>
File: 1457299424914.jpg (65KB, 707x488px) Image search: [Google]
1457299424914.jpg
65KB, 707x488px
>>58931173
I am not going to let you control and change the topic. You're spouting off a bunch of nonsense completely unrelated to the discussion. No one gets "BTFO LOLOLOLOL" because they don't answer something completely unrelated.

Jesus please guide this fag towards a high speed car.
>>
>>58927599
this is destruction of evidence and is illegal
>>
>>58931453
>Someone tells them,
Who knows these people that would tell them
>judges, attorneys,
I am skeptical of this claim
>the victim's relatives.
>victim
I don't think Laura B.'s parents are going to fly over the Atlantic Ocean, find my prison, and confront a bunch of guards in the hopes that one of them, 1: knows Ukrainian. 2: trusts what they say. 3: has it in for me/pedophiles

>Its how they get justice.
This story is becoming more and more ridiculous.
>>
I can't tell if the media is pushing encryption stories because they have it out for Trump, or if I should start being concerned and watchful of information policy under the first Trump administration.

>>58931459
not that anon but
>talking to yourself in third person
pls
>>
>>58927755
If Hilary had won she would have banned encryption too. Hillary is possibly more of an authoritarian than Trump.
>>
File: 1454822754005.jpg (111KB, 933x696px) Image search: [Google]
1454822754005.jpg
111KB, 933x696px
>>58931516
>3rd person
Are you calling me Jesus?
>>
>>58931525
one of the few things that Democrats and Republicans agree on is that they want a powerful government with vast authority to meddle in people's lives, and that they see rights and the Constitution as an impediment to achieving this. All their disagreements boil down to what they prefer to use that power to do.
>>
>>58931576
Which is why they didn't let this guy get the nomination.

>it didn't have to be like this
>>
>>58927615
What would happen if he just forgot his passwords? Would that be a crime? I could forgot my passwords for real.
>>
>>58931508
>Who knows these people that would tell them
Literally anyone that gets to know them during a rotation in the prison or anyone that lives around them.

At major prisons most of the guards have relatives in the police force or judiciary system.

Even when that isn't the case, thousands of these guards live in suburbs spread out everywhere. I personally know of a case where a 13 year old babysitter was raped to death by a guy that in a half way house for drugs. The parents sued the state and prison guards actually contacted them to let them know that they sympathized. The guy that did it was almost raped to death in prison and was in the IC for 3 weeks.
>>
>>58931618
He'd be locked up until he remembered them and if that doesn't happen... tough luck.
>>
>>58931616
>Bernie "Free* everything" Sanders
>not a giant statist

>>58931626
>I personally know
You're just a tripfag on an anonymous imageboard

*You're paying for it
>>
>>58931616
Nah, Bernie agrees with the rest of the Democrats on that. The guy we should have had was Rand Paul.
>>
>>58927569
>>Rawls, the government argues, (PDF) "repeatedly asserts that the All Writs Act order requires him to divulge his passcodes, but he is incorrect: the order requires no testimony from [Rawls], and he may keep his passcodes to himself. Instead, the order requires only that [Rawls] produce his computer and hard drives in an unencrypted state."

Great, so all they have to do is give his stuff back to him so he can do that. Oh, wait, they can't because that would taint evidence because of chain of custody issues....The government is retarded.
>>
>>58931666
I can't give you any more details about it. I lived literally one house away from where it happened.

The toddler watched it and told the police that he was kicking her over and over. She died in the hospital because her organs were pulverized.
>>
>>58931266
I don't think a govt* can jail you in definently for a potential hidden volume that they have no evidence for existing.
>>
America land of the """""""""""""free"""""""""""""
>>
>>58931695
so was she raped to death or are you saying the toddlers interpretation of 'kicking' was her being fucked to death?
>>
>>58931695
I still don't believe that guards will just get a guy murdered because they think he may have had kiddie porn on his computer

>>58931705
the fact that you're using software whose key feature is hidden volumes is proof
>>
File: 1485576476450.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485576476450.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
>>58927569
I think he was jailed because he's a nigger.
But I could be wrong
>>
>>58931754
People don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
>>58931493
except it's not yet an evidence you stupid fuck
>>
>>58931754
>the fact that you're using software whose key feature is hidden volumes is proof
that alone isn't enough to hold you indefinitely.
its up to the court to prove you are using that feature.

>sir,mount your volume twice, first for outer and second for hidden
>but i didnt create a hidden volume..
>yes you did, DO IT!

They have no argument.
>>
>>58927764
>>58927890
> cryptsetup --help shows the compiled-in defaults. The current default in the distributed
> sources is "aes-cbc-essiv:sha256" for plain dm-crypt and "aes-xts-plain64" for LUKS.

If you're not using LUKS you're retarded though.
>>
>>58931802
rubberhose cryptanalysis can prove whether there's a hidden volume
>>
>>58927569
land of the free
>>
>>58931729
Probably both.
He kicked objects into her.
>>
>>58931828
no exactly.
perhaps access to the hidden volume required a key file in which you destroyed(lets say you kept it on an sd card in your wallet then tossed it in the toilet while they broke in your house), therefore you literally cannot access it.

of course you dont tell them that. you simply say you lost it and are unable to decrypt it. hell, it doesnt even have to be true either
>>
>not keeping you hdd inside a microwave so you can fry it as soon as the feds bang on the door
lmao at your life senpai
>>
>>58931920
thats dumb.
destruction of evidence is potentially a 20 year sentence.
>>
>>58927755
>Actually, the ones defending your privacy rights are liberals

Yeah that's why Obama let the NSA run rampant and prosecuted Snowden.
>>
File: gr.jpg (36KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
36KB, 400x711px
What the fuck america?
I can't do whaterver the fuck I want with my storage medium because it magically becomes an "evidence" without the police seizing it or are you just all retarded and you misinterpret the actual law?
Is this real life? How can murika recover from it?
>>
>>58929934
>The first doesn't give you the right to hate speech.

What definition of hate speech did you use in your statement and how so?
>>
What exactly are they looking for inside a laptop?
>>
>>58931941
read
>>58931946
How can something become an evidence before the judge/police classifies something as such?
What the fuck?
Feels great to live in 1st world place called Europe. You murifats deserve everything that's happening to you.
>>
>>58927569
>not having a m.2 drive hidden in your laptop that boots to your secure OS only when powered on with a certain combination of key presses
>>
>>58931905
>nah man just lie
I'm sure the government will believe you.

They won't think you're trying to play them.

They most certainly won't keep attempting rubberhose analysis until they get the answers they want
>>
>>58931972
>being this dumb and naive
kys
>>
>>58931969
No one cares about police locking up pedoniggers
>>
>>58932004
It's not only about pedos. It's also about torrent users, people who don't pay taxes, anti-government protesters, niggers, anime fags and others
>>
>>58928257
>FBI asks Apple to decrypt terrorist's phone
>Apple responds saying they won't do that because of their privacy policy or some shit
>won't not can't
>>
>>58931942
>Obama
>liberal
Obama's a massive DINO. He let us down on various levels: he didn't pull out of the ME, he was weak on civil rights, he wasted all his political capital on a single project that's getting gutted on the first semester of the succeeding administration, etc. etc. etc.
>>
Should have said he did not remember it. Blatant refusal will get you jailed, sure. Our justice system has proven that time and time again. But if you play completely dumb, and deny their claims, time and time again, this has proven to work.
>>
>>58931942

Obama was the biggest neocon president we've ever had, anon.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/18/ralph_nader_brings_out_the_knives_says_obama_is_worse_than_bush_more_drones_more_intruding_into_sovereign_nations_more_killings/
>>
>>58932045
>terrorist's phone gets unofficially decrypted anyway due to PR
>>
>>58931975
Doesn't matter you can still say you never made one, they have to have 100% evidence of it, and with a file key gone what can they do.
>>
>>58932032
So criminals? Im ok with this. At least I can write nigger on the Internet or in public, and not get thrown in prison for h8 speech.
>>
>>58932062
>refusal
>denying
just say you can't remember the password, or give them the wrong password and say that's the last password you remember. Dumb fags.
Oh wait judges don't give a flying fuck about the law. Kek
>>
>>58932085
>torrent users
>criminals

>it's a crime in murika to download and immediately remove shitty EA gaymes
kek
>>
>>58931556
fake Jesus or Mexican Jesus?
>>
>>58932070
You don't see anything wrong with salon?
>>
File: 2.gif (212KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
212KB, 501x585px
>>58929146
make an encrypted container and upload it to some free cloud services. feds will never find it and you can keep your drives empty. maybe access the data only with a os that runs from ram and stores things there
>>
>>58932130
It was an interview with Ralph Nader, stop being so easily triggered. Here's the original full interview: http://www.ora.tv/politicking/2015/6/18/ralph-nader-ways-obama-worse-bush-foreign-policy-0_5lfyxj6cc5k4
>>
>>58929934
>forget the 4th and 5th
I want selective remembering too, gib.
>>
File: UXrhQDs.png (91KB, 255x253px) Image search: [Google]
UXrhQDs.png
91KB, 255x253px
>>58932149
C-can I forget her?
>>
>>58932107
They don't prosecute random torrent users, dude. Do they prosecute people that deny the Holocaust in your country?
>>
>>58930755
>salon as a source
You realise it's just a digital gossip rag essentially right. That's it's calibre.
>>
>>58929934
>The first doesn't give you the right to hate speech
Hate speech is a part of free speech. Free speech is saying whatever the fuck you want, including bad things your tiny boipucci can't handle.
Also nice bait, you stupid shitlord
>>
>>58932147
So you *don't* see anything wrong with Salon?
>>
>>58932072
Didn't they just pay some 1337 hackers $1m to decrypt it (and they did)?
>>
>>58932171
Yes
>>
>>58929934
Pretty funny how your ignoring pedonigger's sister saw the cp and reported his ass.
>>
>>58932180
See >>58932147

>>58932190
I do: they disagree with you so you get rectally shattered. Stop whining and look up genetic fallacy, kiddo.
>>
>>58932084
>they have to have 100% evidence of it
what the fuck does that even mean?

>what can they do.
I already said like 4 times. They'll use rubberhose cryptanalysis
>>
>>58932226
>Kiddo
No adult ever uses that term, ever
Everytime I converse with liberals, I always come away knowing my position is still correct, and I am much, much more intelligent than them.
>>
>>58932203
>believing what the media says
Top kek.
It's all a PR matter. Apple cannot just publicly admit their implementation of encryption is backdoored because this would immediately affect stock prices. Also people need to have this retarded feel of being safe, otherwise they'd stop being depending on applel encryption.
>>
File: trashdove.gif (49KB, 119x128px) Image search: [Google]
trashdove.gif
49KB, 119x128px
>>58932270
Whatever helps you sleep at night, son.
>>
>>58927569
Play dumb. It worked for Hillary for a reason.
>>
>>58932271
Sure, I could believe that. Obviously it was backdoored though because if it wasn't Apple would have said that there was literally nothing they could do to help the FBI.
>>
>>58932282
It must be horrible hating America so much and be forced to think about them all day long.
>>
>>58932271
>being depending
stop depending*
>>58932298
I don't know anyone IRL who believes encryption in their smartphones couldn't be broken by the police.
Noone should depend on encryption without understanding even the basics of it
>>
>>58932347
I know, right? I'm glad I don't hate America!
>>
>>58932377
Good for you.
I'm cancelling this hellfire strike this time, but this better be your last shitpost on this board.
>>
>>58932371
b-but dmcrypt/luks is ok right
>>
>>58932433
under what? android kernel?
Probably the last smartphone with encryption I could trust was my old nokia n900 with gnu/debian on it
>>
>>58932433
Just Google how to crack it. Its easy.
>>
>>58932371
Tbh encryption's primary use is defending from anyone but the police really. It's to stop random people who steal your shit from using it, or snooping friends or relatives digging through it. Odds are if the police are in a position where they're able to demand you decrypt your disks they have something heavy on you already and you almost certainly did do something wrong.

_Most_ of the time.
>>
>>58932451
Na not android, I meant gnu/linux distros. But sure does android have a secure encryption, or does some fork like cyanogenmod etc have it?
>>
>>58932464
I completely agree.
That's why I don't mind using bitlocker on my tablet, even tho /g/ always calls me a nigger, shill and an emancipated faggot for using it :^)
I'm pretty sure a random nigger thief won't be able to crack bitlocker to see pictures of my dick in the nearest future.
>>
>>58932474
I strongly believe it is safe, at least for now.
>>
>>58932507
>That's why I don't mind using bitlocker on my tablet
Yeah when I was using windows I didn't really care that I was using bitlocker. It was entirely to protect against thieving niggers.
>>
How is this legal? Shouldn't he be protected by the 5th amendment? I'm surprised, I thought encryption was a stalemate for the government.
>>
>>58932753
>thinking a govt would willingly allow the public to have an edge of any kind or form over it
>>
>>58929573
Corruption could just be one flipped bit when it wasn't supposed to be flipped...
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.