[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touchwiz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

So why does touchwiz gets so much hate?

I keep reading it's a laggy and memory hogging piece of shit, but on the phones i've tried it it's not, and a samsung phone with touchwiz only uses like ~20mb more ram than the same phone with vanilla android.

I really thought it was worse
>>
To be honest I don't think Touchwiz is that bad. Most of the bad press harks back to experiences from the past. Touchjiz was shocking the S3 & S4. It is still a resource hog but Samsung have thrown better SOC's and more memory on their flagships, performance lag of the launcher is negligible.

Saying that, I can't go back to Samsung phones. Exynos processors whilst powerful are proprietary so Samsung don't release documentation. Locked libs means shitty, stock based, broken, curry nigger ROM's.
>>
File: Capture.png (104KB, 286x411px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
104KB, 286x411px
>>58927282
>mfw got a samsung phone as christmas present
Can't complain. It was a present and it's quite an upgrade from my old phone.
I always thought touchwiz was bad, but on my phone (j7 2015) it runs really smooth and can easily have a game on the background with something else without having one of them restarting when i open them again, unlike my previous phone.

I want to try to install some AOSP rom on it but looking at XDA, things aren't great. Way too many poo in loo roms with broken stuff and the community is quite bad if you want some help too.
I hope Lineage OS gives some support to my model, although it's currently not on their list.
>>
>>58927222

Samsung default apps are pretty good too, much better than ad infested free shit you find on google play.
>>
>>58927222
>he un ironically likes touch jizz
>>
>>58927222
It used to be a pile of shit back then on the S3 and S4. Dunno if that changed, but it kept me from buying a phone from them. This and the bad build quality.
>>
>>58927332
sissy
>>
>>58927497
a cute
>>
>>58927519
thanks
nice boobs
>>
>>58927222
It's fucking shit, because it's got an all white theme.
>>
>>58927580
it has a theme store
>>
You know why people call it TouchJizz? Because the amount of memory and bloat causes the android framework and system UI to stutter and lag and freeze uncontrollably. The user experience of navigating Android OS is akin to touching thick seminal fluid... Hence the name, TouchJizz

And that's not the only thing it slows down, updates take ages to come out. The shitty gook developers have to recompile, adapt the TouchJizz framework to new versions of android, having to make it work with the newer ART run times, API levels, etc. Not only that, they have to test the roms for bugs and issues before pushing it out to the public, just Incase any more phones explode.

It's pretty sad that the Sony Xperia Z4 (a phone released in early 2015) was able to get the android nougat update faster than the Samsung Galaxy S7 series.

That's why Samshit /g/ayfags love it cause it make their dicks hard while they wear their queer ass striped rainbow socks
>>
>>58928383
>waiting for the manufacturer/carrier to push updates or new android versions and not just installing Nugat yourself
>>
It really isn't "only using 20mb more".\

Look at this screenshot, this is what base android uses without bloat installed. All the bloat samsung adds is like 6x more than this.
>>
>>58928958
>>
>>58928958
>>58928972
wtf i love android now
>>
>>58928972
How can I get my ram that clean dear anon? I have an S4
>>
>>58929048
The $50 phone I have has AOSP android and I have everything disabled to only function as a head unit for my car stereo. It goes up another 100mb if you use it as an actual phone and don't use facebook.
>>
>>58929065
>literally a paperweight
>>
>>58929174
It's a pretty useful paperweight in the car. I use it for GPS, gauges, and music, people can also watch movies on it and play games with wireless controllers if they want to.

Can't get all that for $50 otherwise in non-phone or tablet form.
>>
>>58927222
Touchwiz used to be really really fucking bad. Nowadays it's not that much different to anything else.
>>
There is nothing wrong with Touchwiz now.

I have a Samsung works phone which is stock and although I wouldn't have personally bought it I find it perfectly serviceable to use.

Most of the phone manufacturers realised long ago that the vast majority of users didn't give a toss either way if they skinned the OS or not.

Samsung went out of its way to bloat the Android OS out of recognition. So many shitty apps that Samsung used as selling points for their phones that the average user put up with whilst power users screamed blue murder.

"Scene" users would most likely unlock the bootloader on their phones, root and flash a custom ROM, wether they liked the stock ROM or not. I know I did.

I vowed never to buy another Samsung phone after broken promises and Exynos processors foisted on the European markets when the rest of the world got better procs and increased memory.

Samsung will always try to skin their ROMs to give them a software "premium" experience, something that they think they can advertise as not found on any other phone. Thing is Touchwiz was and has been more hit than miss and most power users can't forgive or forget the past.
>>
>>58927222

Only reason I left Touchwiz for AOSP-ish ROMS was because KitKat never came for my i9300. I must say I like AOSP better for looking more clean to me but Touchwiz was acceptable as well.
>>
>>58928599
>implying you can install anything on a locked down documentation-lacking exynos SOC
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.