[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux Vs. Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Linux-wallpapers-10.jpg (99KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Linux-wallpapers-10.jpg
99KB, 2560x1600px
Hello guys, normiefag here.
I use my PC mainly for Gaming, College—Stuff and a little bit of programming, at a basic level. Everyone says that Linux is Generally better than Windows, but, knowing what use I give to my PC, which are the advantages of using Linux and not Windows?
>>
Linux is a meme.
>>
>>58918597
Linux is more flexible, you might have trouble to begin with but as you use it you'll learn of new and faster ways to do things.

Windows has games and is easier to work with if you're new to it.

I dual boot for games, but do most of my work on linux.
>>
>>58918597

Linux is nice for general browsing, normal use but the moment you need any business, college related stuff or do any media work with adobe products, video editing etc you run into massive trouble and its a pain in the ass
>>
>>58918597
Linux is for advanced computer users only. Careful when you fall for the meme.
>>
>>58918597
For gaming, there is none. Linux is an OS for pros, not casuals. Stick with Windows
>>
>>58918597
I am a Gamer who a Year ago Started using Linux. I dual Boot right now But am switchung to GPU Passthrough with KVM.

The advantages of using Linux are:
-Much Faster on the Desktop side of things
-Easier to Troubleshoot if something goes wrong
-fully costumizeable
-Fun to Play around with
Advantages of Windows:
- Greater Software support
- Better Drivers
- Better Gaming Performance with DX
- Moar Gaymz

I personally run Windows in a Virtual Machine to Games with my Friends that still use Windows.
But if Wine was just a tiny bit better with DX11 i would switch to Linux Full-time in a second
>>
To name a few reasons:
-Free from Mirco$oft and their shitty practices
-Free from slowdowns, inefficiency, random crashes of Windows
-Better performance on almost every programm.
-You can customize it to fit your needs...
-You update when you want to

For college all you really want is LaTeX. If by any chance you have to use spreadsheet then use libre offices alternative.
Gaming? half of Steams library runs in linux, with a lot of ports still comming, only downside is most(almost all) japanese games and most AAA games are windows only. But that is changing slowly.
Programming is no problem unless you program with C#(made by microsht)

Face it, you don't really need windows if all you do is browse the web.
Why pay a licence when you can use a free alternative?
>>
>>58919149
>implying my windows is genuine
>>
>>58919086
Also an Advantage for Linux is that it is more Userfriendly than Windows if you choose the right Distro. I would personally either recommend:
Manjaro XFCE
which uses new software as soon as it comes out so it's kinda unstable but i like it's package manager more
or Xubuntu
which gets only small updates until a newer version comes out so it's more stable, it Ubuntu is also the Distro Oficially supported by Steam.
>>
>itt shitposting

stay classy /g
>>
File: 1485870075177.png (159KB, 560x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485870075177.png
159KB, 560x600px
>>58918614
>>58918778
>>58918794
>>58918856
>>58919049
>>58919086
>>58919149
>>58919181
>>58919188
>>58920112

SHUT UP ALL OF YOU

OK ANON, HERE'S THE THING, THERE ARE MANY PLEBS AROUND HERE WHO WILL TELL YOU THAT LINUX ISN'T GREAT IF YOU'RE ALREADY A WINDOWS USER AND IF YOU WANT TO MOVE TO WINDOWS YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF USING SOMETHING LIKE NOOBUNTU OR FEDORA

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING: AVOID THOSE LINUX SYSTEMS, THE ONLY LINUX OS YOU NEED IS ARCH

NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT TO GET VISIT THIS WEBSITE: https://www.archlinux.org/download/ AND DOWNLOAD THE IMAGE FROM A SERVER THAT IS CLOSE TO YOU
THEN YOU'RE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE A BOOTABLE USB WITH THAT IMAGE AND THEN YOU'RE GOING TO NEED TO READ THE GUIDE ON HOW TO INSTALL ARCH LINUX https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide

AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF TRAINING YOU SHOULD BE SET FOR A AMAZING EXPERIENCE
>>
Linux is a buggy piece of shit.

Use Windows.

If you don't like Windows, use Mac.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.