[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CPU coolers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 91UNx7QSvpL._SL1500_.jpg (314KB, 1319x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91UNx7QSvpL._SL1500_.jpg
314KB, 1319x1500px
What CPU cooler are you currently using?
I currently use the hyper 212 Evo and it works fine. It's really quiet and was pretty cheap. My temps were fine on the stock cooler but it sounded like a fucking turbine.

I thought about water cooling but it seems pointless because I don't overclock (i5 6500). I've never used watercooling in any builds because i'm afraid it would leak all over my shit.
>>
The cryorig H7 sir :)
>>
>>58917413
I've used several over the last few years. I have two Hyper 212+, one with the original fan still running and one with a Gentle Typhoon AP-14, obviously the one with the Typhoon is much quieter and more effective but both get the job done (both are cooling AMD FX CPUs, one is an FX-6100 in my NAS and the other was an FX-8350 in my brother's gaming computer), I'm using a Phanteks PH-TC14PE on my i5-4690k, I recently replaced the loud ass stock cooler on my friends' i7 2600k with a PH-TC12DX. The Phanteks coolers are quieter than the stock Hyper 212+ and they cool better, but I'd like to compare with a NH-D14/15 because I think the Noctua coolers are slightly better.
>>
>>58917591
I should also mention that the FX-8350 is the one with they Typhoon, and it's OC'd at 4.4GHz stable.
>>
>>58917413
corsair h45 does the trick nicely
>>
used to use stock coolers until my first 212 evo purchase. since then I've used the evo in every computer that I've built for friends/family in case they ever wanted to overclock in the future. cheap and it just works.
>>
>>58917413
Stock, then cheap water cooling (Corsair H60) which burned me hard, then Hyper 212 EVO.. now I can't think of any other cooler I would ever buy.
>>
Hyper T4. Needed something for my recently acquired i3-2100 and it was the cheapest thing Best Buy had. Works pretty good despite my initial concerns about getting the thermal paste right.
>>
>>58917413
>but it sounded like a fucking turbine.
Is it that much better? I already find the stock one rather silent, but maybe i just don't know what i'm missing with better coolers...
>>
>>58919429
You don't notice the difference until you're around a computer with an aftermarket cooler, and then you realize you've just been ignoring it as ambient noise.
>>
File: oc.jpg (88KB, 813x675px) Image search: [Google]
oc.jpg
88KB, 813x675px
>>58917413
Using a Noctua NH-D14.
OC'd my 3770K to 4.5GHz with temps staying below 65°C under load. Pretty good IMO.
Pick related, it's my CPU while doing "the gaming".
The cooler can handle anything up to a 4.9GHz OC, but after 4.8GHz the 3770K becomes unstable so I'm staying at 4.5GHz to keep temps low.
>>
>>58919493
Interesting, i might actually consider it than, hyper 212 Evo is not even expensive where i live, could be worth it.
>>
I can't believe people still buy meme212s when cryorig exist.
>>
>>58917413
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 4
CPU: i5-6600
Chipset: H170
>>
>>58917413
H100i for an FX-8120 in push/pull
had to RMA the first one because the fan connector broke on the block, falling in and getting jammed in the impeller.
>>
Custom water loop with a 360 rad and a gutted h100
>>
>>58920260
so the H100 is your pump then? what do you use for a reservoir?
>>
>>58917413
>and it works fine
>I thought about water cooling

This board is filled with retards that think they're smart, but they fall for sublte baits like this one. Not to mention most of it are obese pedohiles always almost commiting suicie because their lives are a complete joke.
Just end yourselves faggots.
>>
>>58919614
There's nothing really meme about them. They're cheap and quiet. My CPU stays at 23 degrees idle.

The only thing I can think to complain about is that the mounting kind of sucks...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.