[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why I'm switching from linux to windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: aids2.png (232KB, 403x587px) Image search: [Google]
aids2.png
232KB, 403x587px
/g/ I don't know what to do.

>run loonix ganoo
>realise that none of the software I want to use works on it
>ETABS
>SAP2000
>Rhino
>Grasshopper
>Solidworks
>Revit

Running all this shit in a VM is just a cucking pain in the arse.

how do you cunts do it?

I'm going to have to either install windows as a fucking dual boot option, or just wipe ganoo lunix, becasue with windows installed - there's practically no need for it.
>>
>>58913493
just do it anon. If you need these softwares for work, nothing can be done.
>>
File: 1457479643864.jpg (125KB, 486x609px) Image search: [Google]
1457479643864.jpg
125KB, 486x609px
>>58913493
Switch to Windows and swallow all your "muh freedom" complex, as all responsible adults do.
>>
If you're using proprietary software there's no point in not using a proprietary OS
>>
>>58913493

Are you using VirtualBox?

Did you install the guest extensions and run it seamless?

If you didn't, its your own fault its inconvenient
>>
>>58913507
>>58913528
>>58913548

I know, but what will I tell the people at work who usually ask me why I'm not using windows?

up untill now I've been telling them how microsoft is bad.

In all seriousness, ricing desktop and being able to easily SSH into my server and mount drives via sshfs etc. is the primary reason I use linux, is there any way to deal with this (specifically sshfs) on windows?
>>
>>58913572
>Did you install the guest extensions and run it seamless?

Yes - and it fucks my shit up when I'm using graphics heavy stuff.

>run rhino in seamless mode
>3/4 viewports simply don't update
>the other one is just black
>solidworks stutters and barely works
>revit is useless
>ETABS takes 4x as long to analyse a fucking 3 storey concrete frame than running natively, and crashes 10% of the time.
>>
File: 1442582159933.jpg (64KB, 480x622px) Image search: [Google]
1442582159933.jpg
64KB, 480x622px
>>58913493
>2017
> OP can't into PCI passthrough or even Guest additions in Virtualbox.
>>
>>58913493
>how do you cunts do it?
I don't use any of that software. In my line of work most of the software out there is actually linux only so I really have the opposite problem that you do.
>>
>>58913493
nobody serious uses windows
in professional capacity, for development
the platform is a toy.
it's unreliable.
there are no options in anything.
development for the platform is not going anywhere.
it's closed.
why go there
>>
>>58913632

>doesn't realise that FE solvers use CPUs, not gpu acceleration

PCI passthrough doesn't help this you mongoloid.
>>
>>58913715
What part of 'analysis' and 'graphics' led you to think that OP is a developer?

Do you even know what SOLIDWORKS is?
>>
>>58913728
was merely commenting

these are microcrap organisation marketing threads

all over /g/
>>
>>58913785
how to detect .. leading questions
'cool' aspect
they are low people ... apple would not resort to such behaviour

but that's microsoft. the lowest standards in the business
>>
>>58913785
OP here. I'm Indian. But I don't work for microshart.

I'm genuiniely torn over switching over. It's getting increasingly annoying to deal with laggy shit VM's on linux, but I'm also painfully aware that Windows is garbage.
>>
macOS
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.