[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hglt/ - Hostile GNU/Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: angry_stallman.jpg (5KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
angry_stallman.jpg
5KB, 183x275px
Welcome to /hglt/ - Hostile GNU/Linux Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to make a shitstorm about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

** Please be angry, notice the "Hostile" in every Hostile GNU/Linux Thread ***

:(){ :|:& };:

sudo rm -rf /*
>>
Fuck Broadcom WiFi.
>>
Open Source was a mistake.
Long Life Free Software.
>>
anyone using anything else than GNU/Linux is a fucking homo
>>
Arch is for pajeets who didn't install Gentoo because of the inability to manage time.
>>
>>58913375
Fuck off with your racist "pajeet" shit meme.
Take it to >>>/pol/.
>>
>Install kubuntu
>Reboot
>It breaks
Fuck faguntu
>>
Isn't the "it's just GNU with Linux added" spiel basically white supremacy?
>>
>>58913353
It's Linux you fucking retard
GNU has long been deprecated but I bet you didn't know that since you are a test tube baby
>>
>install Linux
>blows windows up
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>58913402
>>>reddit
>>
>>58913402
Fuck off with your boardist "go to /pol/" shit meme.
Take it to >>>/qa/
>>
>>58913402
Fuck off with your "I'm a liberal and I live in a constant state of delusion and refuse to accept the reality of pajeets taking jobs" meme to
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>58913353
tell that to my face and would suck your dick
>>
RMS intentionally wrote the GPL so that corporations can't use code that has it as a license because he was asspained at TiVo having a Linux backend. fuck him

Permissive open source licenses like MIT/BSD are inherently better than copyleft shit like the GPL. Microsoft is thus way better with their open source philosophy than RMS/the FSF ever was.
>>
>install edubuntu
>install codecs
>can't open mp4 files
>install amd gpu driver to fix screentearing and 240p resolution
>reboot
>black screen
fucking meme OS

I hate /g/ sometimes
>>
Holy fuck this thread.
>>
A good portion of linux users on /g/ only use it because their "privacy" amounts to having shitloads of honest to god CP

Neither Microsoft nor the government give a shit about your furry toddlercon and literally everybody pirates shit in some form or another so you couldn't really enforce that shit anyway.
>>
>>58914471
Fuck off telemarketer, we don't want your pro Microsoft propaganda here.
>>
Fucking AMD RX480

Fucking AMD lies

Their new driver architecture was supposed to make what version of Xorg you were useless irrelevant.

FUCKING LIES

LOOK AT THIS SHIT!

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/amdgpu-pro/

"You will need to downgrade xorg-server to 1.18 for this package to install, due to a video driver ABI change in 1.19."

OH! And it blacks out after gaming for like just 30 minutes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amd+rx+480+black+screen

3000% MAD
>>
>>58914487
>if you say something about microsoft that isn't about how they're literally the devil you're a shill!
another thing that those same /g/ linux users do
next thing you're gonna do is tell me i'm a poo in loo pajeet being paid off by microsoft despite me being a white male in bumfuck indiana who works part time at a liquor store, right?

fuck off nigger
>>
>>58914557
>computer illiterate being a fan of windows

why is it always the same
>>
>>58914949
>hurr i use gnoo/lunix i'm so good at computers
>>
>>58915062
And yet you never see computer illiterates like you using GNU/Linux. So it must mean there's a certain minimal skill level required.
>>
>>58915162
linux isn't that hard to use. my roommate has a backup laptop with lubuntu installed and he knows his way around the linux command line but that doesn't stop him from having to reinstall windows on his main pc every month and a half because he keeps fucking it up via downloading random shit like game mods/utilities from shady cyberlockers. surprisingly people who use linux aren't the elite computer hackers you think they are

sometimes all you need to do is make sure your shit works and use enough common sense to not fuck it up
>>
>>58914347
Fuck you you fucking fuckwad! If someone sells you a chair then you're allowed to do whatever the fuck you want with it because it's yours. That's the premise of free software. So the reason he wrote GPL v3 to fuck TiVo was because TiVo was selling a product that disallowed users from fucking with it despite building on the work of countless free software devs.
>>
>>58915229
yeah the "linux command line"

wanna know how I know you're full of shit?
>>
>>58915229
>implying that a lot of linux distros don't have you go through the cli for the in-depth shit that isn't displayed in the gui options
you know damn well what i meant, retard. even if i used the proper terminology you'd probably go on some no true scotsman shit about how lubuntu is for dirty plebs and if you don't use arch you truly don't know about computers
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.