[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mozilla - more like Google as you may think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 200_s.gif (55KB, 368x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
55KB, 368x200px
http://www.ghacks.net/2017/02/12/firefox-focus-privacy-scandal/

We had also Australis where features have been outsourced for luring over Chrome users

We had Webextensions announced with the goal to lure over Chrome users

We had XUL removal announced with the goal to lure over Chrome users

Result... Mozilla is more of a Chrome clone than you think. Perhaps they do not use Blink, but they have adopted the mentality of Google and they exchange their target user group for Chrome users.

Disgusting. Seriously disgusting!

I am off to Otter-Browser with QTWebkit NG!
>>
>You can turn off the anonymous data collecting of Firefox Focus by tapping on the settings icon, and flipping the switch next to "send anonymous usage data" to off.
Wow, it's fucking nothing!
>>
As an idea why not make a unique browser to try and attract your competitors user base. Why would they move from what they already use if you try to clone it?
>>
>>58912130
so speaks the Firefox apologist and Chrome UI lover.
>>
This is FUD.

Ignore.
>>
>can be turned off

Thread is over, I guess
>>
Seriously... i wonder why everyone still loves Mozilla after all that fucked up shit they have done.

shifting focus towards simple fags, abandoning power users and betraying their users over and over again.

Guess people are just plain stupid.
>>
>>58912101
Really makes you think!
>>
>>58912101
Well what'd you expect. The guy that replaced Eich used to work for a CIA-funded venture capital firm.
>>
File: google.org.png (2MB, 1423x2054px) Image search: [Google]
google.org.png
2MB, 1423x2054px
>>58912740
Google - more like Mozilla than you might think
>>
>>58912101
palemoon / iceweasel need a decent selfhosted solution to sync bookmarks, then I will never touch firefox again
>>
File: Capture.png (79KB, 735x762px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
79KB, 735x762px
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/firefox-focus/

So basically it keeps track of what features you use most and it keeps track of what websites referred people to the download page.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.