[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Artificial Intelligence for Real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: AI Everywhere.jpg (315KB, 1661x898px) Image search: [Google]
AI Everywhere.jpg
315KB, 1661x898px
I see articles on digg all stressing about AI and how it's changing us. War with AI, AI with health. How coding jobs are going to become bluecollar and creating AI is more important. Physicists are the new coders with advance math techniques than a regular coder who just learned from bootcamp. Any thoughts on this? Are we just bugging out for no reason? (Btw I am currently in a bootcamp and I have no motivation to study Ruby for some reason)
>>
AI and automation are going to cause a lot of problems for nearly every job market. The questions is when for each job market.

Programming isn't and never will be blue collar. Blue collar involves physical labor, white collar involves intellectual labor. Think about it more like this: there's not going to be a blue collar in a couple of decades.

>Btw I am currently in a bootcamp and I have no motivation to study Ruby for some reason
You never had an interest in programming in your youth, but felt it necessary in order to succeed in the job market. You decided to take the cheap ass' way out and jumped into a boot camp. You're probably not going to like your job.
>>
>>58907558
>You never had an interest in programming in your youth, but felt it necessary in order to succeed in the job market. You decided to take the cheap ass' way out and jumped into a boot camp. You're probably not going to like your job.

you nailed it right in the coffin. i was a computer science major at rpi but dropped out after sophmore year when i decided to stupidly smoke myself stupid to bob marley land.

i really don't know what to do with myself now. i am a techie in that i like technology, building computers, gaming (duh), helping people with software issues, do you have any advice on what might be fulfilling for someone like me. Or maybe i'm just really not motivated enough. i work hard though at other things like volunteering and retail. >inb4 people start shitposting if they do want to take me down at my vulnerable moment on /g/
>>
>>58907558
>implying that a majority of blue collar fags enjoy their jobs

Programming will eventually be taught in schools. This will kill the "coding" as a pathway to the upper class.
>>
>>58908039
i am trying to build a website but shouldn't that be easier than coding?

i am more of an artsy fartsy type. i find i am in a weird place. i am technical person, yet when it comes down to the nitty gritty like coding i get lost in lala land. (im not that smart)
>>
>>58908055
guys HTML and Python! XD
>>
>>58907307
AI/automation in general has been vastly oversold to the public, mostly because neoliberals want to use it as an excuse to avoid bringing the jobs they sent overseas back to the west.
>>
>>58908075
Literacy used to be a legitimate skill that could mean the difference between working as a clerk at a law firm or dying in a coal mine at the ripe old age of 17. Then public education came along and changed that. Now everyone can read and write (mostly.) The same thing will happen with programming.
>>
I feel like it's sensationalized, but I worry that that's just wishful thinking. I don't really want to live in automated world. I want people to have jobs.
>>
File: communist girl4543.jpg (1MB, 1800x1267px) Image search: [Google]
communist girl4543.jpg
1MB, 1800x1267px
>>58908573
>I don't really want to live in automated world. I want people to have jobs.

Automation and "joblessness" are only a bad things under Capitalism. If automation actually does manage to force people out of the workplace communism will become even more inevitable than it already is.
>>
>digg

Is it 2006?
>>
>>58908649
>communism will become even more inevitable than it already is.
Might as well kill myself now.
>>
>>58908649
but muh anti-communism brainwashing
>>
File: picard3432.jpg (560KB, 1074x1212px) Image search: [Google]
picard3432.jpg
560KB, 1074x1212px
>>58908696
Watch more Star Trek: TNG.
>>
>>58908708
Honestly though I don't see the point in resisting communism when everything is automated. I mean the choice between revolution and the status quo becomes literally a question of life and death at that point. Who wouldn't support communism in that situation?
>>
>>58908737
but muh anti-communism brainwashing though
>>
>>58907307
That screensaver screenshot is like really deep, dude
>>
>>58908696
see you tomorrow.
>>
>>58908071
Learn HTML and CSS, it's like coding but your making things that are functional and can look good
>>
>>58907307
AI died with Tay.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.