[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 37

File: aB1wdzx_460s.jpg (80KB, 459x447px) Image search: [Google]
aB1wdzx_460s.jpg
80KB, 459x447px
>>
>>58905444
Is there a way to quick filter Appchan down to your own posts and their replies?
>>
File: blue-snowball-microphone-cable.jpg (98KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
blue-snowball-microphone-cable.jpg
98KB, 1024x681px
>>58905444
My laptop only has USB 3.0 ports and the Blue Snowball cord only works properly with 2.0. Everytime I'm talking to someone it stops working in the middle of the call, and I want a proper cord to stop it.

Where can I find a female to male adapter or a printer cord to USB type 3.0? I've looked just about everywhere
>>
Since thunderbolt 3 can be used as a display cord, and can be used to pass power, could we see a GPU with a thunderbolt 3 port that powers the monitor it is plugged into on its own?
>>
>>58905472
4chan is not a social media network
>>>/twitter/
>>
>>58905392
>>
>>58905527
Yes, but you'll probably need to reinstall grub
>>
Is there a list of compatible parts for Ryzen?
>>
>>58905589
Probably nothing out yet is compatible
>>
>>58905504
Theoretically, yes. The specification does allow for this, as long as the monitor doesn't use more than 100W.
Power delivery can run in both directions.

>>58905500
This won't solve anything. If a USB2.0 device is plugged into a USB3.0 port, it will operate in USB2.0 mode.
The problem is most likely the driver for the USB3.0 hub chipset, which you can't get around without changing the OS (or disabling xhci, under linux)
If the cord is already a USB2.0 connector (doesn't have extra pins on the inside of the connector), you can't fix this with extension cables.
>>
>>58905500
Try plugging a powered USB 2.0 hub in between them.
>>
ok guys so omegle has a shit bot detection system
basically after a certain amount of chats in a certain time frame, it will detect you as a bot and make you solve a captcha after each chat
the problem is 75% of users are horny dudes who will disconnect on you in 2 seconds, so you inevitably have to start solving captchas even if you're just a regular user
which makes the site unusable because now you have to solve a captcha every 2 seconds
how would one get around this?
>>
What are some good wireless mice? inb4
>good wireless
I need a mouse for my laptop for classes and almost every mouse on the wiki or recommend threads are wired, price isn't an issue and I don't need any gaymen mice, just something that won't break in a month
>>
>>58905739
use a captcha bot
>>
How does one get Google Assistant on Android Marshmallow? I hate using it in Allo.
>>
>>58905773
are bots able to get past those type of captchas?
they're the ones where you have to type in house addresses
>>
>>58905765
> Portability
MX Anywhere (darkfield, works on glass)
M705 (3 year battery life. Not even a joke.)

> Performance
G403 Wireless
G900

MX Master is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it for portablilty. It's big.
>>
How to search archive in clover?
>>
Does anyone have a script that archives YouTube Live comments?
>>
File: nas.jpg (8KB, 220x222px) Image search: [Google]
nas.jpg
8KB, 220x222px
Is there any reason to chuck a NAS drive into a regular desktop?
>>
The patrician's solution to this riddle is to ask the doggos anything and believe the one that tells you comforting lies.
>>
I have dedicated server in SYS E3-SSD-1
I have only TS3, webserver and 2 GMOD servers there. What else can i install there? OpenVPN?

I`m thinking about switching to Windows Server 2016, just for fun.
>>
>>58906084
You're asking the wrong question.
"Is there any reason to NOT chuck a NAS drive into a regular desktop?"
The difference between a NAS drive and a ``regular'' drive is that the NAS drive has a much lower error recovery time (meaning that sectors that don't get recovered within that time period are considered lost). WD calls this TLER. Normal drives might try to recover an error for up to 5 minutes before declaring a sector dead.

Of course, this really only applies to drives that are already on their last legs anyway--and if you don't have a backup then it's your own fucking fault anyway.
>>
File: 1485659808971.jpg (58KB, 851x478px) Image search: [Google]
1485659808971.jpg
58KB, 851x478px
Is there some guide which shows you how to go from stock gnu/linux to having it fully riced?
>>
File: 1480633985056.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1480633985056.png
29KB, 741x568px
>>58905444
What would the other dog not say the meaning of life is?
>>
Does Terry work for the CIA?
>>
>>58905444
who's a good boy?
>>
>>58905444

To find the truth telling doge would you ask the question "Would the other dog say that you are telling the truth"? The dog who replies 'no' would be the truth and the one who replies 'yes' would be the lie?
>>
>>58906262
Yes, but that would use up your question. Unless someone else is with you, then you just wasted a wish.
>>
>>58906215
sudo apt install desktop-rice
>>
The uni I'm studying CS at doesn't have a standard statistics for CS subject except for Business Statistics. Would that have any similarities or is it entirely different?
>>
>>58906262
Ask black dog if he's a nigger. If he says 'no', then you know whos lying.
>>
>>58906318
Ask the lecturers.
>>
>>58906286
There isn't even a prize or a door specified in the photo. The only goal you can pursue is to figure out which one lies and which one doesn't for your own curiosity.

It's a logic problem. If it isn't specified, even if it follows the archetype of the two doors problem, it's not the two doors problem.

Honestly you may as well just walk away from the fucking talking dogs in the wall.
>>
>>58905444
>Which one of you is the black dog?
>Black Dog: I am the black dog
>White dog: I am the black dog
>>
File: 1486678353775.png (857KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486678353775.png
857KB, 1280x720px
>did the holocaust happen

>liedog will claim it did
>truthdog will be in deep shit if he tells the truth
>>
The Akonadi personal information management service is not operational.

Why is KMail broken?
>>
does adobe premiere or after effects have a tool similar to "content awareness" / content fill from photoshop?

i have a 15 second video from snapchat that i'd like to edit some text out of. i can do it frame-by-frame in photoshop with content awareness but i cant export it as an actual video this way (as far as i know)
>>
Sorry if this is kind of a /v/ question:
>Trying to use steam achievement manager to remove all my Isaac rebirth achievements
>Remove them in windows because Sam only works windows
>As soon as I go back to a Linux computer with the game installed (and no save data) I get given all the achievements I just removed
>>
>>58906189
Stop using TeamSpeak.
>>
>>58906469
in premiere pro you can export frames from a video, so technically you could export each frame individually and then import them back.

but if its a 15 second video you're looking at something like 300-450 frames. so unless the video REALLY means something to you it probably isnt worth doing.

it can probably also be done using rotoscoping but again that could be a hundred hours of your life to do well
>>
>>58906473
>Remove achievements
Why? Steam stores that remotely and I dare say there isn't a way to tell the steam profile API to take away an achievement.
>>
How do I install flash for CyberFox?
>>
File: seal with a gun.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
seal with a gun.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>58905444
Hello /g/

I own 4 domain names that I purchased from Godaddy and I would like to work on my websites before putting them online this way I don't have to pay for hosting right now.

Also godaddy offers a website builder tool that you need to pay for monthly, I was looking for another alternative I'll take any suggestions.

I have some Java and basic HTML knowledge. Any tips helpful.

1) How to prepare my website offline?

2) Any good program for noob website development?

Thanks a lot!
>>
>>58906614
>Also godaddy offers a website builder tool that you need to pay for monthly, I was looking for another alternative I'll take any suggestions.
Make your own shit. The only hard part will be getting the CSS to look nice.
>>
XPS 2 in 1?

I'm worried I might run into problem with throttle because it's passively cooled though single thread performance almost rivals the new MacBooks, they just fall off I guess when throttled under heat over time

It needs to run light work like MATLAB and visual studio and excel/word possibly all running at the same time for my classes. I could run that shit on my desktop but it won't always be available.

The other option would be the spectre x360 with a fan and more conventional still kaby lake U series
>>
>literally rebdit
>the thread
>>
>>58906614
Just use a nice looking text editor and a browser. All you need.

Although I highly recommend Firefox for scratchpad
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1739x963px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1739x963px
>>58905444
I'm so pissed off, have a headache and it just hurts when i look at the screen but i just have to get rid of this fucking shit. It's so fucking annoying, everyday it's just there on my desktop and everyday i try delete it but it says access denied. I have tried everything, i fucking hate windows so much
>>
>>58905444
Which one tells the truth
>>
how do i install pango REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

im just trying to open up a fucking window in linux why is this so painful (using gtk)
>>
>>58906692

both will answer "i am" dude, think harder.
>>
>>58906697
[apt-get install|pacman -S|yum install|emerge --someargument] pango?
>>
Hello, I'm looking for an editing program or any sort of program I can view a video frame for frame.
I plan on doing this with an .mkv file.
Thank you in advance.
>>
>>58906721

i wouldn't be asking here if its that easy dude
>>
>>58906697
what distro?
>>
I haven't updated win10 in a long-ass time, I used a third party thing to make it so it wouldn't do this.

Now I'm trying to download the anniversary update and it keeps failing through the windows update utility.

Does anyone know where I can download the thing through a browser?
>>
File: 1472721360569.png (203KB, 597x423px) Image search: [Google]
1472721360569.png
203KB, 597x423px
>>58905444
I can't connect a device I have to the local Wi-Fi and need to send some kind of signal from my laptop. I used to use Connectify for this, but I really didn't like it since it automatically shut off after 30 minutes if you didn't pay for premium and it had a bad habit of refusing to close in my task manager. Can someone recommend software that has a similar function to Connectify but without the above bullshit?
>>
File: ubcd cpu.png (23KB, 1357x434px) Image search: [Google]
ubcd cpu.png
23KB, 1357x434px
Which one of these ultimate boot cd programs would be best to test your cpu for problems?
>>
what are some reasons to convert to linux other than muh security?
I only browse the interwebz and play vidya
>>
Is my PS4 a decent replacement for a blu-ray player or should I just spend the extra cash for an actual blu-ray player?
>>
>>58906851
From experience it's an amazing blu-ray player. I watch blu-rays on it all the time. As a matter of fact I watch more movies on my PS4 (netflix and blu-rays) than I actually play games with it.
>>
>>58905444
What program do you use to organise your meme collection?
>>
>>58906851
the PS3 was a pretty damn good blu-ray player by all accounts. Can't imagine the PS4 isn't as good. You'll probably want to spring for the Pro version though.

I can't imagine there aren't $40 Blu ray players out there though.
>>
Is it a good idea to buy Amazon fire TV sticks, install XBMC and live tv streaming apps and resell them to people at 2x the price?
>>
OK I'm going to preface this with me being a total computer noob. I bought a prebuilt PC with win10 already installed.

It runs basically everything I can throw at it at high or better (most things on ultra). I have an issue though, as I'm trying to get multiple kinds of controllers to work with different kinds of games. I like using arcade sticks with games like GG, Killer Instinct, and SFV, but I already own a PS4 so I would like to use my DS4(S) for games like Dark Souls or Tomb Raider. The apps I downloaded for win 10 don't play nice when I want to switch games or control type. Sometimes my controllers will report as player 5 or 6, sometimes not at all. I'll even start from a fresh reboot and sometimes my stick will register as player 2 or 3. How do I get my controllers to register properly without having to fart around with settings so much?

Also my PC has Bluetooth capabilities, and DS4Windows isn't letting me play wirelessly
>>
File: gpu temps.jpg (97KB, 441x641px) Image search: [Google]
gpu temps.jpg
97KB, 441x641px
Why is my GPU so hot at idle clocks on full fan speed?
>>
would it be possible for AMD to include HBM2 in their Zen APUs?
>>
Have any of you guys ever bought a refurbished PC off of Microcenter?

I'm looking for a new desktop for gaymen but I'm looking for the cheapest option possible.
>>
>>58906909
PS4 won't do 4k Blu-ray playback.
>>
>>58906948
If that's what he/you cared about perhaps he/you should have mentioned 4k at all in the post.
>>
Passing a JSONobject in java to a javascript function

webview.loadUrl("javascript:updateJSONandMap('User36'" + ",'" +
incident + "'," +
latitude + "," +
longitude + ",\"" +
"asdf" + "\")");

Above file sends to the javascript file correctly. I want to replace "asdf" with a json = {"Colour":"White","Gender":"Male"}

How do?
>>
>>58906972
They didn't, their ps3 is already capable, and the PS4 isn't future proofed in this fashion. It's good for current stuff but something to watch out for later
>>
>>58906215
Why is the breast pocket on his shirt so low? This really bothers me.
>>
does anyone have experience with android GUI builders? such as

https://developer.android.com/studio/write/layout-editor.html

i just want to make a simple app without dealing with the gui at all, is this what i want? i havent yet installed android-studio so i cant be sure about its functionality
>>
~> akonadictl start
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
User@Hostname:~> org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to connect to database!
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-User.poKWU5/mysql.socket' (111 \"Connection refused\") QMYSQL: Unable to connect"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

What the fuck is going on here and how do I fix it?
>>
Are database management systems too different to each other? If I compare a few ones for relational models, all using SQL and with a few APIs in common, are they really that different to use from each other?
>>
>>58907100
The differences are mostly in specialties, like PostgreSQL has really good support for geographical data and JSON.

PostgreSQL also offers powerful clustering, as good as it gets for relational databases.

NoSQL databases like Cassandra are much easier to distribute, but not as feature-rich.
>>
>>58907022
Install android studio and stay away from crap like Xamarin.

Yes, this is the beginning of what you need to start android.
>>
>>58906215
https://rizonrice.github.io/resources
>>
>>58906215
>rice
Why?
>>
>>58907171
awesome, thanks mate

>>58907221
because i want to be cool like the rest of /g
>>
>>58907171
this needs to be updated, a lot of the link for filesharing sites link to dead sites lol
>>
>>58905504
It'd be really annoying to implement though, the GPU would need to also have a thunderbolt controller chip, around $15, a PCIe multiplexer chip, around $100, power conversion $???, a header to connect to the chipset's Thunderbolt control GPIO, which isn't a standardised plug at the mobo end and isn't even provided on most boards, and possibly most tricky, licensing from Intel who are notoriously picky about what thunderbolt is allowed to be used for. So don't expect it to happen any time soon.

Going directly via DisplayPort over type-C without providing Thunderbolt or USB on the same port would be significantly easier to implement.

Monitors powered via the GPU have happened before, Apple used it from ~2000-2004 with ADC, a proprietary modification of DVI that also supplied 24V power and USB in the same connector.
>>
How can I customize firefox without using stylish?
>>
>>58906981
Not much of a Java user, but doing similar things in other languages, you can just paste the JSON object in as a string, making sure to escape the quotation marks
>>
if my apartment has open wifi am i safe to torrent from it?
>>
>>58907374
>open wifi
>safe
No. Always use VPN on open WiFi, no matter what you do
>>
>>58907374
No. Use a VPN
>>
>>58907374
Maybe. Your device will send out the device's host-name (could include your name or something) so you could be identified
>>
>>58907366
final String json1 = json.toString();
final String json2 = json1.replace("\"","\\");
Log.e("JSON data",json2);
then

webview.loadUrl("javascript:updateJSON('User36'" + ",'" +
incident + "'," +
latitude + "," +
longitude + ",\"" +
json2 + "\")");

Fucking apostrophes inside apostrophes confusing the shit out of me
>>
>>58907422
You might want to consider writing a method that can handle the conversions and everything for you so that you can essentially pass it your JSON string and have it encode properly. This will make it easier to include it in your output
>>
>>58907403
>>58907409

but free vpns are so slow -___________-
>>
Bump.
>>58907092

This has plagued me for weeks.
>>
>>58907596
Then pay for one dipshit.
>>
>>58907603
Line 3
>>
>>58907679
Failed to connect to database!

What can I do about it?
>>
>>58907698
Start your sql server
>>
>>58907708
Didn't work.
>>
>>58907720
Check configs
>>
>>58906931
I think they are planning on doing that with the high end Raven Ridge parts.
May or may not be HBM2, but there will be HBM based Raven Ridge parts.
>>
is the sky blue?
>>
>>58907760
no
>>
>>58907736
Where? Which ones?

I looked for some deprecated innodb shit not too long ago and didn't find any such entry.

Does this help?
[ERROR] Column count of mysql.events_waits_current is wrong. Expected 19, found 16. Created with MariaDB 50538, now running 100022. Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error.

...followed by similar errors calling for mysql_upgrade.

[Warning] Failed to load slave replication state from table mysql.gtid_slave_pos: 1932: Table 'mysql.gtid_slave_pos' doesn't exist in engine
[Note] Reading of all Master_info entries succeded
[Note] Added new Master_info '' to hash table
[Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '10.0.22-MariaDB' socket: '/tmp/akonadi-User.poKWU5/mysql.socket' port: 0 openSUSE package
7ff35c0ae700 InnoDB: Error: Table "mysql"."innodb_table_stats" not found.
[Warning] InnoDB: Cannot open table mysql/innodb_index_stats from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html for how you can resolve the problem.
[Warning] InnoDB: Cannot open table mysql/innodb_table_stats from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html for how you can resolve the problem.
[Warning] InnoDB: Cannot open table mysql/gtid_slave_pos from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html for how you can resolve the problem.

Result of mysql_upgrade:
:~> mysql_upgrade
Version check failed. Got the following error when calling the 'mysql' command line client
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")
>>
File: 1452293038729.jpg (11KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452293038729.jpg
11KB, 260x240px
>>58905444
How do you extract characters from a binary file and convert them to ascii?
Lets say I wanted to pull the third integer out of an array of say 10 which were the only things to populate the file.
I know I probably have to deal with 8 bits but how do I convert them to ascii so I can easily manipulate the values and put them back?
>>
>>58907855
Alright, so I started mysql and then ran mysql_upgrade, which seemed to work (got OK on everything) with the exception of the creation of a log file for the upgrade.

At any rate, akonadictl start still yields the same error.
>>
File: 1486559189660.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486559189660.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Is youtube dl not working properly for anyone else?

I use it to download videos from pornhub, but now receive an error. I tried updating it. Anyone else?
>>
>>58908014
Same here
>>
>>58908027
I see, I guess the porn guys have pulled ahead...for now.
>>
File: 1485403265378.jpg (90KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485403265378.jpg
90KB, 600x700px
Cheapest QHD or better (not TN) laptop that isn't shit slow?
>>
I've never applied for a programming/software job before. Should I make a cover letter for my resume? Some searches on Google say never do, others say definitely do.
>>
>>58908014
I usually use the Chromium developer tools to request the mobile website, and just download the MP4's with a right click.
>>
>>58908103
Always make a cover letter, even if it's just a few sentences. It shows that you will put in more effort than people that don't send a cover letter.
Always tune up your CV for any job you actually want to work (feel free to spam a generic version if you don't really care about the job you are applying for).
>>
If i have 22-24Mb/s and my average download Speed is 2.8MB/s how much time it would take me to download 4.52TB?
>>
>>58908136
Really I just want ANY job so I can get my foot in the door. I'll probably use custom cover letters for the reason you said, but my resume is just barely full for one page as it is and I don't know if I've done enough projects to customize it for every application.
>>
Ask the dog how jet fuel can melt steel beam
>>
>>58908185
All your Cover Letter + CV really does is cover the bases, and get you an interview.
As long as you get the interview, and can show that you are capable and enthusiastic, you'll have a good shot at getting the job.
The interview is more important than anything else.
>>
>>58908181
(time taken) = (data size) / (data rate)
1TB == 1,000,000MB/s

I'm sure you can to the basic arithmetic.
>>
Can I use one of these wires to supply internet from one PC to another?

(One has WiFi, the other doesn't but they're near each other)
>>
I can't access TWRP
I think I messed it up when deleting some old backups through the built in file manager

OnePlus one oxygen OS 3.14
It was the latest TWRP

What do I do?
>>
>>58908438
Boot into fastboot.
Use fastboot to flash recovery image.
>>
>>58908411
>18 days.
Fuck, i need faster internet.
>>
>>58908436
>PC
No. USB is a master-slave protocol, and does not support peer to peer connections.
Use an ethernet cable between the two, and configure the one with WiFi as a network bridge.
>>
So I can't get a video output on my media PC. Everything looks fine when I turn it on, fans and HDDs spin up but no video.
I've tried disconnecting everything, re seating the ram, clearing the CMOS and removing the bios battery.
Could the battery be flat? I've had the issue before and leaving the PC off over night fixed it.
>>
whats a good image gallery downloader? preferably free. all the ones im finding are shit and only dl thumbnails because they dont follow links/thumbnails, or they put stupid watermarks over half the image
>>
>>58908533
Nigga, I got 400KB/s.
I'm looking at 3-4 months.
>>
>>58908562
I am from Mexico, im paying $11 for 20Mb/s and getting 24Mb/s.

Where are you from?
>>
>>58908560
Python. Write your own scraper.
Not only is it fun and productive, it's also very educational.

" You could just use a browser extension, but that's not very fun. "
>>
>>58908586
>browser extension
tried a few, those are the shit ones that cant follow links/thumbnails. i dont know about you, but i prefer my images to be bigger than the 100x100 thumbnails those ones DL
>>
>>58908575
Rural New Zealand ADSL2+ with the best modem I can get my hands on (Draytek Vigor).
5.5km from the nearest DSLAM, and I'm surprised that it even functions, let alone gets these blazing speeds.
>>
File: ADSL distances.png (49KB, 764x796px) Image search: [Google]
ADSL distances.png
49KB, 764x796px
>>58908605
That's funny. My Firefox extensions work fine for image links.

>>58908606
>>
>>58908605
Downloadthemall?
>>
>>58908645
Why would I want to download a mall?
>>
Whats the best way to automatically maintain a MySQL Database @ the Server side on a VPS?

I want to delete all users that haven't logged in for 2 months, the query isn't the hard part, but the question is rather how do I set my server up to check and delete inactive users every 1 hour for instance?
>>
asking this again

Is there an operator I can use to search for stuff on Twitter without also pulling the faggots with same name as the search term in the results?

Like I want to search for tweets containing "Robles" not some random spic with the name Robles blogging about his cat.

Thank you.
>>
how bad do games look in 1440p on a 4k native screen?

will i be suffering?
>>
>>58908751
pls no f-slur pls k thx :-)
>>
>>58908778
It depends on the panel, subpixel matrix, subsampling method, and the media being displayed.
1440p looks fine on a Dell P2715Q because of the pixel density and pixel pitch, but I can't say much about other panels.
>>
Why /G/ is so mentally challenged !?
>>
I built a new PC with an an Intel i5 7600K (Kaby Lake) alongside a Cooler Master Hyper Evo 512 cooler. I installed the CPU right, since......I'm able to use my computer. I installed the cooler properly, even though it was a pain in the ass. It's mounted tight.

Despite this, my CPU fan sporadically turns on and is loud. I look at Speccy to see my temps, and it fluctuates from 25 degrees (C) to 55. When I view task manager to see what's up, it'll show something like Steam (idle) or iTunes having 60-80% CPU usage, when I'm not doing much.

I should add that this is the first CPU I've had with an aftermarket cooler. Am I just not used to them being loud as hell?
>>
>>58906361
Can't you just ask "What's 1+1?"
>>
File: bird.jpg (58KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
58KB, 400x402px
>>58908834
We got our vaccinations
>>
>>58908851
512 or 212?

Did you remembered to apply the dot of thermal paste?
>>
>>58908834
these threads are mainly /v/
[spoiler]/v/ here[/spoiler]
>>
>>58905444
Where would the other doggo say this door leads (or whatever I'm trying to learn from a talking dog)?
>>
>>58908851
by "sporadically turns on" do you mean there are times when the computer is ON and the fan ISNT turning?

the fan should always be turning when the computer is on, itll slow down and speed up but it should always be moving at some speed

if this is a new build i would be worried about you having damaged the motherboard sensors somehow and the fan is misbehaving as a result. did you take proper precautions for static?
>>
>>58908834
It all went downhill when Internet access became ubiquitous. Back in the 90s and early 00s, most forum and chat room users could understand sarcasm from contextual clues alone.
>>
why does my laptop screen flicker when i move it past a certain point? ive tried messing with the framerate
>>
What's a good PDANet alternative that can be used with Linux for USB tethering?
>>
how do y'all follow the news
i want to understand the world and shit, should i just browse news sites or how do people keep up these days
>>
I just built a brand new tower. Something is throttling the fuck out of my internet speed. I ran several speed tests, 105mbps download. I download a steam game, its doing 5mbps. I run any online game, at first it does fine, but then I get into game and it kicks me out, saying "not connected to the internet." When I am, and everything is reading fine, as far as I am aware.

What the fuck /g/, what the fuck.
>>
>>58908903
Loose cable.
>>
>>58906682
bump
>>
how important is thermal paste on a new pc?
>>
>>58908181
Just shy of 19 days.
>>
>>58908944
Stock fan and locked CPU?
Pre applied will do.
AMD Stock? kinda important.

New HSF? you need it even if you dont want to get some otherwise temps will be unstable.
>>
>>58908903
Bad connection. It could start flickering more in the future.

>>58908944
You can't run a modern CPU without a heatsink and some thermal paste for more than a minute. But don't fall for the snake oil jew, just use the paste that comes with your CPU cooler.
>>
>>58908944
You don't need it, Thermal past is a meme you only gain like 2c
>>
>>58908914
I had a problem like that in the battle.net downloader. I had accidently used the w7 ethernet driver with w10. My computer was showing I was connected the entire time. Or it could be on their end.
>>
>>58908866
I put on a pea-sized glob of thermal paste and smooshed that big-ass cooler down. I had a little trouble centering it, but I got it centered with no thermal paste pouring over, and tightened it accordingly.

>>58908884
The fans are always on, but the CPU fan will speed up randomly, even when not doing intense stuff.
>>
>>58908982
i just bought new mobo & cpu and cpu fan. cpu has heatsink and fan included. do i really need thermal?
>>
>>58909037
also, it will be in a really cold garage and the case has two fans as well
>>
>>58909000
How did you end up fixing it? Can you direct me? I'm at my wits goddamn end with this thing. Too much money spent for it to crap out on the internet.
>>
>>58908982
>just use the paste that comes with your CPU cooler.
Some coolers come with really shitty paste.
>>
>>58909057
also, i could be wrong, but i don't read anywhere that the cooler i bought comes with paste
>>
File: Shoot_Me.jpg (17KB, 250x284px) Image search: [Google]
Shoot_Me.jpg
17KB, 250x284px
I'm dumb.

My C# (Unity) script for using the scroll wheel to zoom in and out on the player character does not work. I mean, it KIND OF works. One click of the scroll will work, but then the next will phase through the ground at the player's feet and be totally fucky, then the next will work, and so on.

Here's the code:

public class ZoomCamera : MonoBehaviour
{

public GameObject Player;
private float scrollAmount;

void Update()
{

Vector3 dir = Player.transform.position - this.transform.position;
float distance = Vector3.Distance(Player.transform.position, this.transform.position);

if (Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel") != 0f)
{
float newMagnitude = Mathf.Max(1, dir.magnitude + scrollAmount * Mathf.Sign(Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel")));
this.transform.position = Player.transform.position + dir.normalized * newMagnitude;
}

}
}

If you don't like that, I also wrote a completely different script that ALSO doesn't work, for alternate reasons. The second script doesn't work because the Z axis of the zooming function only goes in the cardinal direction of the Z axis; Basically, regardless of which way the camera is facing, it will go the same way, instead of toward the player. SO if you want to see THAT script, I'm more than happy to post it too.
>>
So I ran furmark and it crashes immediately when I plugged my laptop in. But on battery it runs normally.

Does this mean the power brick is dying?
>>
>>58909063
I'm pretty sure CM ships all their coolers with about 5g of pretty OK paste.
>>
>>58909037
>i just bought new mobo & cpu and cpu fan. cpu has heatsink and fan included. do i really need thermal?
A intel CPU i imagine, there is preapplied paste on it.
>>
>>58909101
amd actually...
>>
File: 1472500385414.jpg (43KB, 274x337px) Image search: [Google]
1472500385414.jpg
43KB, 274x337px
How bad is it if you can't get your modular psu cables to lock all the way into the psu? I have a Corsair rm750x and everything apart from the piece of shit 24 pin went in without trouble, but boy is that one a pain in the ass.
I managed to get the motherboard side in after I took it out of the case and applied a great deal of force on it, but now it turns out that the other end doesn't want to pay ball either.
I've managed to push the split psu ends like 99% in, but they're refusing to go in any further and my fingers hurt like hell from the sharp edges.
It seems kind of tight, but is it safe to leave it like that, or is there a chance that it'll somehow work itself loose due to vibration over time, or some shit?
>>
>>58909111
Why the fuck would you buy an outdated (And weak by today standards) CPU?

Also AMD stock heatsinks are shitty as fuck and loud.
Really loud even under idle loads.
>>
>>58908559
Replaced the battery anyway, didn't fix it.
Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>58909111
>>58909124
I forgot to mention that you dont have to worry about the paste.
Your HSF will be loud and not really efficient anwyay.
>>
>>58909143
Connect it trough VGA or HDMI to a monitor.
You get sound?
No POST codes?
>>
>>58909146
i did it to save $100, i didn't think 6 core 3.5ghz was that bad... also not concerned at all about noise, but i am about it actually staying cool. like i said im keeping it in a very cool garage.
>>
>>58909172
You bought a FX-6300?
Anyway its AMD, expect it to be hot anyway.
It wont be cool as long you dont buy a aftermarket HSF.

And you dont have to worry as long it stays under 80°C under load.
Then worry.

If its 40-70 then the temps are fine.
>>
>>58909193
yes, i know it's old, but i really didn't think it was that bad being 3.5ghz. have i made a mistake?
>>
>>58909213
Yes since you can get something better for cheaper this days(Kaby lake or if you waited AMD Ryzen).
You already bought it, dont worry now.

How fast a CPU in GHz doesn't define performance at all.
>>
>>58909213
>>58909227
And back to your original problem, As long your CPU stays under 80°C under heavy load you will be fine.
>>
>>58909227
are you telling me a intel kaby lake 2 core @ 3.5ghz is better than this fx-6300?
>>
>>58909227
>How fast a CPU in GHz doesn't define performance at all.

what am i generally looking for then?
>>
is it retardation to create a desktop application using linux?

ive been trying to set up gtk+ for 3 fucking hours now im sure all those people working from linux are demons.
>>
>>58909247
On programs that use one or 2 cores? yes, 20-30% better.
On multicore stuff? not a lot but the FX-6300 will be better because more cores.

>>58909264
Depends on what you will do.
For example games mostly use 1 or 2 cores (Or 4 this days).
So a CPU with really good single core performance is a good idea to get, like any intel CPU.

Meanwhile on multicore stuff (rendering, etc), multicore perfomance is better since all cores are used.

Also i have to remind you that the FX-6300 is a 5 year old CPU and the recent Kaby lake CPUs are only months old.
>>
>>58909297
i bought the cpu with a bundle, can't return.
how fucked am i?
i don't need to have super-insano graphics,
but id like to be able to comfortably play new games for the next few years
i do have radeon rx480
>>
>>58909291
QT is quite a lot nicer than GTK. They even have WYSIWYG creator suite for UI layout. It's not perfect, you still need to edit the layout files manually to get it exactly how you want, but it's super easy to write a Python backend for it to make it just werk.
>>
Assuming you don't have access to reset a machine or anything, but can only ssh into it, is there any way to ensure that it can be ssh'd into if that box experiences something such as a memory or disk exhaustion?
>>
>>58909339
>new games for the next few years
Yeah, nah, current FX is already outdated, and the 6300 is only good for "esports" games like CS, DoTA, Overwatch, etc.
>>
>>58909414

is it OS independent?
>>
>>58909438
You could run the SSH server as a priveliged process so that other processes get killed in preference, so that the SSH server process doesn't die.
You would also have to make the spawned shells privileged, which is difficult and dangerous.
>>
>>58909453
It even runs on iOS, as long as you're using the native QT backends.
>>
>>58909452
fuuuuuck, im dumb.
so would this be a good replacement?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117743&cm_re=kaby_lake-_-19-117-743-_-Product
>>
>>58909489
no, you want at least an i3.
If you don't need something RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! , just wait for the Ryzen quad cores and pick the best quad core within your budget.
>>
whats a good monitor for 1080p 60fps vidya? I don't really care about 1440p

Also, are 21:9/ultrawide monitors gimmicks? If not, what's a good one? If i got one, I'd just be using it for shitposting and such alongside the vidya monitor.
>>
When will this noise stop? ;_;
>>
File: 1427831435995.jpg (26KB, 449x349px) Image search: [Google]
1427831435995.jpg
26KB, 449x349px
What's a good, fairly priced microphone? Mainly for recording voice lines.
>>
>>58907016
it's a shirt for a bigger man. ill-fitting clothing looks odd in tons of different ways, and this is just one of those ways.
>>
>>58909512
21:9 is good for games, movies, and having a wider workspace. You should not get one to use as a secondary monitor.
>>
>>58909509
yeah, i guess im stuck with this fx 6300 anyway. might as well wait and save up for ryzen... fml
>>
I was trying to shrink my C partition to ~100 GB but Windows wouldn't let me go beyond 230 GB even though it isn't fragmented and only 30 GB have been used so I stubbornly rebooted to Linux and shrank it there. After going back to windows, I ran chdsk and sfc and both came out with no errors. Is there any other way to check if I fucked something up?

>tl:dr I used linux to shrink my C: partition even when windows told me not to do it and now I want a way to verify if something fucked up
>>
OwO What's this?
>>
>>58909155
At the moment it's connected to a TV through HDMI. I don't have a VGA monitor though. No sound, I don't have a speaker to check post codes.
>>
Ask: What would the other dog say in response to the question "who is the truth telling dog?"

Then go with the opposite answer.

The Truth dog will point to the Lying dog, because the Lying dog would say he is the Truth dog.

The Lying dog will point to himself, because the Truth dog would point to itself.

Since they both point to the lying dog, the other dog is the truth telling one.
>>
>>58909509
can i expect to buy a cpu thatll meet my needs for ~$100?
hows this?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2MN-0004-00002&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
>>
>>58909512
I'm using a Samsung S24F350. It's $259 (Newegg) with Freesync and an IPS panel. The colours are kinda meh, but I don't really care. However, if you're down here in the third world with me, you can get it for around $150.
>>
>>58909647
You'll need a new motherboard and RAM to go with it anyway.
Just wait for Ryzen.
>>
>>58909647
Pissmark says you can do better.
>>
Seed this for me please :(((

http://www.gamestorrents.com/abba-you-can-dance-multi5palwiierd/
>>
>>58909688
Fuck off.
>>
>>58909633
I would ask the dog on the right if the dog next to him was black
>>
>>58909704
Dogs are colorblind.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1439x1080px
>>58909701
No
>>
>>58909710
Not shadeblind though
>>
>>58909679
how much is the average ryzen going to cost? i feel like brand new cpus will be over $200+ and im really trying to keep it around $100.
also, would a fx4350 4 core have been a better choice for gaming? cause less cores?
>>
>>58909724
>shadeblind
you're just making shit up.
>>
>>58905444
i am amazed that none of you have figured out that the black dog is the one that tells lies.
>>
>>58909736
What? Niggers don't lie as much as whites.
White Americans and Chinese are the biggest liars.
>>
>>58909733
>Dogs don't see black, you liar
ok
>>
>>58909765
You can't see black loll. That's why it's black. It doesn't reflect light.
>>
>>58909731
Having more cores doesn't mean that a game will perform worse, just that the extra cores will not be used.
>>
>>58909826
will i need a new mobo for ryzen?
>>
>>58909785
Everything reflects light except black holes, supposedly.
>>
>>58909862
>AM4
yes
>DDR4
you will need new RAM as well.

If you have a 3rd party cooler, it will work with a new mounting kit.
>>
I'm going to upgrade my motherboard and Cpu and ram, how do I keep my windows 10 license active? Also someone want to build a new pc with my old pieces but I don't want to pay for windows license for that new pc (I'm going to ensamble the pc and sell it) does windows crack activator will fill the pc with shit? (I know I should use Linux and I do (fedora) but video games and GPU drivers are a shit in Linux and the buyer is a casual user) thanks.
>>
>>58909901
Apparently you can deactivate your PC before wiping it, and using the your key (the 10 key, or the 7/8 key you used for the upgrade) to install on the new hardware.
From what I know, you can also just put your HDD in the new system and it should still work.
>>
>>58909862
You'll need a new mobo for anything that isn't an FX processor. Check the sockets in the CPU and the mobo to see if they will be compatible.
That said, just keep the damn FX6300. You've already paid for it and it's not that bad. If you do find that it's badly bottlenecking the 480, just overclock it to hell and wait for it to die before upgrading.
>>
I plan to build a new PC in a few years when my current one becomes obsolete, and I have money now so I'm buying most of the parts now. I already got the motherboard and CPU. What GPU should I get for $500?
>>
>>58909930
Yeah once I format my pc and Windows take my key but I'm afraid when I change the motherboard, but thanks I will Google about the deactivation and reactivation, thanks.
>>
File: 1361402927016.gif (978KB, 430x228px) Image search: [Google]
1361402927016.gif
978KB, 430x228px
How the FUCK am i supposed to pay for something online without giving my personal information to a shady group?

>site gives option to pay in credit card or paypal
I can only do one of two things:
>give the site my credit card number
>sign up for a paypal account (and give them my social security number to activate it)

what are you supposed to do? is securing my personal information too much to ask?
>>
>>58909956
>I plan to build a new PC in a few years
>I'm buying most of the parts now
You fucked up. Anyway, a 1070.
>>
Can I OC a Kaby Lake with a Z170 Board?
>>
>>58909998
Only if it's a K version
>>
>>58909942
Yeah I'm planing to change for a new i5 6500 or some i7*soc. 1151 (now I have a i5 4590 soc 1150) and the ram will be 16gb ddr4 (now I have 32gb ddr3), I use my computer for gaming and renders for my GF (she is studying architecture) and sell all my old components to a friend who wants a pc for Facebook, YouTube and office so i5 4590 and 16gb of ram should work but he wants I put all the pirate software...
>>
I bought a 128GB Micro SD card over Christmas time. I have not opened it and I don't know what to do with it.

What should I use it for?
>>
>>58910038
Use it for storing data?
>>
>>58910038
Keep it, you will eventually need it.
>>
Under what circumstances would someone need an HPC processor?
>>
What makes a work station a work station exactly? How is it any different from any other desktop?
>>
>>58909986
someone PLEASE respond
>>
>>58910107
That's what hard drives are for.

>>58910122
But for what, I wonder...
>>
>>58910151
there's no hard, technical difference. same with servers
>>
>>58910154
Literally buy a prepaid debit card. Jeez man.
>>
>>58910158
Maybe you will want to hack a Wii U, a PS3, a PS2 or put in your phone.

I mean that's all i have ever used an SD card for
>>
What's the difference between a UEFI and a BIOS?

And I don't need a Wikipedia answer, I need context...

So, I'm trying to learn how to install gentoo, and they say that you can either install via bios (with grub) or via UEFI. Now, I understand my motherboard *probably* supports uefi booting. It's a newish motherboard. But- how do I know if a motherboard in general is uefi compatible? Are all motherboards backwards compatible with BIOS's?

Also whaddya call the set up screen on modern motherboards where they give you the read out of your system, and options to overclock and what not?
I used to think that *was* "the uefi" but once I learned that booting via the UEFI that shook my world, so idk what to call it anymore. I know that sounds like a dumb question but I mean, bear with me. Motherboards back from the 2000's used to give you this black screen to change shit, and I always thought that was a bios. And then colors started appearing on everyone's motherboard set up screens, and I heard about this new uefi technology, and so I thought "well shit, now it's called the uefi".
>>
What are these mains power to breakout boxes called and where can I get one or where can I get the parts to make one?

/g/ still talks about radios and low level electronics, right?
>>
>>58910164
Thanks!
>>
>>58910158
It's a data storage device. It literally cannot do anything other than store data.
>>
Why would I ever need a RAID card?
>>
>>58910186
UEFI replaces BIOS as the system firmware, it does essentially the same things, just in a different way

>how do I know if a motherboard in general is uefi compatible?
check the manual/specifications
if it's newer than 2012 it probably does
>Are all motherboards backwards compatible with BIOS's?
most are
>Also whaddya call the set up screen on modern motherboards where they give you the read out of your system, and options to overclock and what not?
CMOS setup is the only name i know it by
>Motherboards back from the 2000's used to give you this black screen to change shit, and I always thought that was a bios. And then colors started appearing on everyone's motherboard set up screens
the way POST and setup looks doesn't define what it is, many later BIOS machines had graphics
>>
>>58910171
Don't you need to enter your social security number to activate those though?
>>
>>58910234
Yeah, no shit, I know that. But how should I utilize it as a data storage device? Should I use it as space to dump capture files with wireshark or something? Or should I put movies on there?

I can't decide man.
>>
>>58910213
He says where to get it in videos. Go watch all of them.
>>
>>58910249
>social security number
wtf? Why the hell would you need to do that?

You literally go the store, go to the register, pay the amount you want to put on it and pay the fee, and the attendant activates it for you to use anywhere.

Have you never heard of prepaid cards before?
>>
>>58910250
You should have use for things before buying them.
>>
>>58910216
-- that said, they /generally/ have more high end components, stuff you wouldn't see in a non-specialist store
things like 2+ cpu motherboards, ECC ram, SAS hdd's, firegl/quadro graphics cards, etc
>>
>>58910261
Well it was cheap man. Hard to resist.
>>
>>58910269
It will be even cheaper a year later.
>>
>>58910260
The way i've seen most prepaid cards work is that you pay at the counter, the attendant half-activates it, and then you have to go to the company's website and enter your billing info and social security number to fully activate the card. Otherwise it doesn't work.

I haven't heard of anywhere that just lets the attendant fully activate the card. Could you give me a store name or card brand that does this?
>>
>>58910255
Thanks. I'm stupid. Searched and found it pretty easily.
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 408x454px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 408x454px
Is there a way to LOWER mic quality? Beyond pic related.
>>
>>58910276
Yeah, I guess. I think I will use it for network and data dumps. Seems to be a pretty good use now that I think about it.
>>
Is there any way to fully disable popup windows in Firefox? Sometimes I still get them in certain websites.
>>
>>58910038
Put it in a slot on a device that has one for it, then you can store data on it to have with you on that device :D
>>
>>58910281
And by that I mean without editing it in a recorded file.
>>
>>58910281
For what purpose?
>>
>>58910278
That sounds shady as fuck man, I have never heard of any prepaid card that asks for your SS number. That shit is reserved only for federal services and highly trustworthy financial services.

But your local Walmart, Albertsons or even gas station should have them. They're Visa's. Just get one, pay in cash + the fee, and the checkout attendant activates it on the spot. I have not heard any changes to this process as of late.
>>
>>58910288
That's pretty dum. Use a hard drive for that.

youtube-dl some bento videos or something
>>
>>58910302
Just for lols.
>>
>>58910262
Thanks again.

While you're here would I ever need
>>58910247
>>58910135
>>
>>58910303
That sounds pretty convenient. I'll try walmart, thanks
>>
>>58910307
Why? I'm an IT student taking Advanced Networking this semester and we're for sure going to be using Wireshark, maybe some wireless capture tools too. I have a USB-SD card adapter so I can use it anywhere.

I think I will use it for captures. Thanks for jogging my brain a little anon.
>>
>>58910320
>going to school for Hufflepuffery
lol
>>
>>58910320
some single-board computers can use 128GB microsd cards, you could look into buying one of those
>>
>>58910328
Watch it anon, without IT guy's there'd be no business, considering how just about every company has migrated online and relies on online transactions now.

Better not piss off the IT guy you work under.
>>
>>58910351
That sounds more of a case of buying something I don't need to utilize something I have.

Maybe later though, when I'm actually situated with a career.
>>
Considering the current trends and advances in gaming, how long would a machine with 2x SLI Dual GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB with Pascal Architecture NVIDIA Founders Edition cards last? In other words...if I weren't designing anything or mining cryptocurrencies, is there any justification for buying two of these cards?
>>
>>58908533
>>58908562

Let me guess. your from Australia #stoneage
>>
>>58910312
read up on what they are and what people are using them for
i can't tell you what you'd need
>>
>>58910421
>advances in gaming
Just give it to your kids when u ded, it'll be gud2go.
>>
>>58909633
Or just ask "What's 1+1?"
>>
>>58910445
Thanks! I don't get the RAID card so much. HPC processor just seems to be a component for very high end computing and doesn't appear to have any use for anything outside of research. So unless I'm a scientist, engineer, or researcher that deals with complex quantitative processes it's completely unnecessary.
>>
>>58910281
Gentle bump
>>
>>58910458
Is a 1080 too much even?
>>
Why is torrenting so slow? i use Utorrent and used to use pirate bay, is it just my shitty internet connection/network setup or is it just how slow torrents are. I get 1Mb/s max, is that normal or really shitty?

Im from Australia so all torrenting websites have been blocked by the Government............... So id need a VPN to torrent, what will this do to my torrenting speed?
>>
>>58910545
1mbs is decent, I've never witnessed more than 3 mbs personally.
>>
>>58910547
Will using a VPN make it slower? or about the same?
>>
>>58910545
Depends on a variety of factors. Those factors include the amount of seeders, the upload rate said seeders have limited themselves to (some seeders heavily restrict their upload speed to save bandwidth costs or such), location on earth and weather conditions over there, conditions on your end, etc.

But 1 MB/s is really not bad at all.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (12KB, 392x45px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
12KB, 392x45px
How can I fix this problem with trying to watch connectcast? I'm using Chrome.
>>
>>58910563
i think the question i asked is why during a certain download of say a 2Gb movie does my Dowload speed vary so much, it could range from 200mb/s to 1mb/s and it jumps between these two figures, its never steady at 1gb/s
>>
>>58910623
>1gbs
Anon, I...
>>
>>58910623
No idea then. Again, could be a variety of factors from your ISP being retarded, or just the very virtue of you living in Australia.
>>
Is there a way to stop windows 10 from automatically updating nvidia drivers?
>>
>>58909986
>pay for something online without giving my personal information to a shady group?
if they don't use stripe or paypal or some other processing service that you recognize, then you don't.

what's so terrifying about using your credit card for this sort of stuff? your liability for fraud is nothing with credit cards. just check your statements
>>
>>58910646
The whole of Australia IPS's couldn't manage to get 1Gb/s company-wide let alone for its customers...

58910648>>
Yeah probably some government ploy to stop Australians downloading large files...
>>
>>58910646
The whole of Australia IPS's couldn't manage to get 1Gb/s company-wide let alone for its customers...

>>58910648
Yeah probably some government ploy to stop Australians downloading large files...
>>
I was just on that website/blog macromastia, an it opened up snapchat and tried to get me to add some random user. Should I be worried at all?
>>
>>58905444
Is it currently day or night?
>>
>>58910719
>I was just on that website/blog macromastia,
you say it like we have any idea what you're talking about, like we'll be like "oh yeah, THAT website". the odds of someone knowing the context given how little you've told us are extremely poor.

as for opening an app, that's called deep linking. it's not especially worrying, just a shitty, obnoxious thing to do
>>
Does anonymous even exist anymore? Does anyone go on the IRC channels that are 'supposedly' Themed around this new world order
>>
>>58910545
Depends how fast your actual connection is, but what you need is a seedbox, not a vpn.
My isp throttles most p2p traffic to 100 kbs, but ftp and similar protocols are unaffected.
>>
File: ayn254W_700b.jpg (252KB, 600x3600px) Image search: [Google]
ayn254W_700b.jpg
252KB, 600x3600px
what are you using for quick note taking and snipping information from the internet ?

I'm currently with onenote and then do the whole formatting in word, but my license is going to expire soon, and I don't feel like buying another one, most likely I will with libre office + evernote, or google keep ?
>>
>>58910779
org-mode :^)
>>
>>58910771
Australia have blocked all torrent websites, so i need a VPN to even access the torrents in the first place?
>>
>>58910656
Yes
>>
>>58910812
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>58910825
No
>>
>>58910838
Thanks for your input then Anon
>>
>>58910844
just google it, had to do it for my wife's laptop's touchpad drivers, every update was fucking up and the touchpad was not working after the display has been turned off.
>>
Does anybody know why my laptop would stop detecting the touchscreen? it happened around the time of my upgrade from windows 8 to 10. I have tried everything i can think of. I'm now seriously beginning to think that (somehow) the touchscreen has disconnected from the MB (even though i have checked this)
>>
>>58910806
Just use some stupid web proxy or find a seedbox that also includes simple no frills vpn packags (most do)
>>
File: 1480133058697.jpg (557KB, 1377x2128px) Image search: [Google]
1480133058697.jpg
557KB, 1377x2128px
What is the best search engine. Something that is anti-botnet but also has a design that is not shitty. Doesn't have to be great, just not total garbage
>>
>>58910927
There isnt any.
Use google with a clean/new account/profile. Its the only way
>>
When it comes to grub.
>have 7
>install KDE Neon on a separate ssd
>get KDE Neon grub
>install Bunsen on it afterwards
>get Bunsen grub look instead of KDE Neon's
Is there a way to get back the KDE Neon look of the grub? I don't know if both distros have their "own" grub or not.
>>
>>58910894
have you checked if you accidentally turned it off, or if updating did?
I used to have a button on the keyboard of my old win 8 laptop that did it, I hit it a lot not on purpose.
>>
>>58910737

Thankyou, but why would somone try to get people to add a random snapchat? Also anyway a phone can get a virus ? It's my main way to watch porn.
>>
whats a good free hardware monitor
>>
>>58911189
open hardware monitor
>>
Need a good "cloud" storage that isn't Google or Dropbox, and /g/ approved. What is it?
>>
how do I store old motherboard? I dont have any crates or anti static bag
>>
>>58911240
just use google/dropbox/one drive ya fucking hipster
>>
>>58911365
Fuck you, faggot.
>>
File: zig.png (43KB, 813x568px) Image search: [Google]
zig.png
43KB, 813x568px
Should I even bother?
>100 files in 8 hours
>>
>>58911389
always check S.M.A.R.T. first
>>
>>58911523
S.M.A.R.T ?
>>
>>58911530

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

Get gsmartcontrol or crystaldiskinfo and have a look.
>>
>>58911553
thanks.
>>
File: Capture.png (80KB, 673x677px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
80KB, 673x677px
>>58911563
>>58911553
there is indeed something. What should I do now?
>>
>>58911600
Shut it down until you're ready to attempt copying as much as possible to a different disk. Something like dd_rescue can try to do the whole thing, skipping wherever errors occur. It's much faster than copying all the individual files, but if there's only a small number of files you want, copying them as files may be faster.
>>
>>58911640
thanks. I'll try with HDD Raw Copy.
>>
What's the best Reddit app for Android?
>>
I want to build a C# application that performs deep search (searches file contents in addition to names). There is a windows option for including that kind of search to the index but that slows everything down too much.
Is there a way to build a custom index for certain folders and to search based on it?
>>
how do I stop procrastinating on /g/ and actually get work done
>>
File: InstantEffect.png (2KB, 51x21px) Image search: [Google]
InstantEffect.png
2KB, 51x21px
>>58911813
>>
File: biblio.jpg (112KB, 958x512px) Image search: [Google]
biblio.jpg
112KB, 958x512px
>>58911813
go to your local library with your laptop.
>>
>>58911824
Looks comfy as heaven.
>>
File: 1483743337127.jpg (90KB, 792x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483743337127.jpg
90KB, 792x1024px
>>58905444
Ask one of them.
Are you doggo both telling the truth?
>>
File: 1486663818580.jpg (90KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486663818580.jpg
90KB, 633x758px
currently using onscreen keyboard, installed net framework 4.5 and rebooted my pc. Since then no keyboard is working but all other usb peripherals are. What could be the solution?
>>
File: 1486664589639.png (95KB, 283x293px) Image search: [Google]
1486664589639.png
95KB, 283x293px
>>58912331
Never mind I found the problem, turns out when I was installing SCP drivers for PS3 controller it thought my keyboard was the controller
>>
Anyone have a link for working spotify cracked apk?
I had a site bookmarked but can't find it
Thanks
>>
What's the bes browser for android?
>inb4 lightning
>>
>>58912563
what's wrong with lightning?
>>
>>58912593
It's slow and after some time it loses all my tabs.
>>
>>58910950
To make grub appear what you want just modify the grub.conf file. If you still have the kde neon one you can just copy it and paste it on the new one.
>>
what's the best way to hide images / vids on android phone?
any apps or some bullshittery with the file manager?
>>
>>58912677

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_I841J6_M
>>
New thread

>>58912757
>>58912757
>>58912757
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.