[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Debate - soft touch rubber or hard plastic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 6101568_6.jpg (109KB, 1300x778px) Image search: [Google]
6101568_6.jpg
109KB, 1300x778px
Which do you prefer and why?

Soft touch rubber mouse or glossy/matte plastic mouse?

I personally prefer the latter option because it doesn't wear out and is easy to clean if it gets greasy. But hand sweat is more fequent with glossy plastic and it does need cleaning every day. I think soft touch rubber is like planned obsolescence to make you buy a new mouse because it wears out fast

Discuss which you prefer or if you have any tips or tricks regarding mouse
>>
>>58902128
Soft touch sucks... it's just a thin coat of rubber on top of plastic that rubs off after a while
>>
>>58902128
Being a bit of an OCD freak, I want to keep things clean. Soft touch rubber gets grubby real quick. So glossy plastic for me.
>>
>>58902128
the one on the left seems a bit much. it looks like a sweat magnet.

isn't the IME 3.0 a better example of the left coating? never used one but it seems it wouldn't rub down to stickiness with extended use, doesn't seem it would show fingerprints and get sweaty much either. Like the casing of a phone.
>>
>>58902128
I switched from G502 to something else because of the rubber grip.
It wasn't wearing out but it did feel uncomfortable to use when you have sweaty hands or in the summer when its hot.
>>
>>58902128
Why not both?
>>
File: 4490246651_5f45aafba3.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4490246651_5f45aafba3.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>58902199

yeah it seems to have some kind of matte/hard plastic.

What other recent mice have this? some of Logitech's recent Gaymen mouse seems to have matte plastic but it's hard to tell from pictures.

And speaking of Logitech mouse, someone here on /g/ has the white version of the MX Master and they said dirt gets inside the plastic because it has like a "porous-y" plastic with microscopic holes in them
>>
Hard plastic all day. Matte at that.

Speaking of mice has andone got one of these Kensington balls? Thinking of getting one.
>>
>>58902238
I switched specifically because the grip pattern accumulated grime that I needed to use a toothpick to clean out. It made my thumb stink.
>>
>>58902128

speaking of gaming mice, QPAD and Mionix's websites are closed down. What the fuck is going on?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.