[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the other day at work my boss somewhat jokingly mentioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMGP7615-2.jpg (210KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP7615-2.jpg
210KB, 1000x665px
So the other day at work my boss somewhat jokingly mentioned that they should get me a tablet computer so that when I'm not at my desk or in the lab I can get on the network and make things happen in meetings in real time instead of making note of things and getting around to them once the meeting has concluded and I've got a slew of different things on my plate to handle at once.

What tablet pcs do you guys recommend? And I mean actual tablet computers, not just skimpy ipad type deals with no keyboard, or some bullshit fake os.

It needs to be a fully functional pc, running a normal windows desktop os, and should be at least powerful enough to handle a bunch of data in excel. I like to have several excel/word/email documents open at once, so it should be able to handle multitasking well and have plenty of memory and processing power. Battery life is of secondary importance, but shouldnt crap out on me after 2-4 hours.

Any recs would be appreciated.
>>
>>58899917
go fuck yourself
>>
File: IMGP9995-2.jpg (789KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP9995-2.jpg
789KB, 1000x665px
>>58899926
Thanks.
>>
One of my friends owns a surface pro (i think one of the first generations)
He only said good things about it.
Just make sure that the one you get works with Windows 7 or 8.1 and is not restricted to only win10
>>
>>58900277
>Just make sure that the one you get works with Windows 7 or 8.1 and is not restricted to only win10
Is there such a distinction? I would need something that works with older versions because we have equipment that isn't compatible with windows 10 at the moment (and some hardware/software that runs on windows xp, 2000, and even 95)
>>
>>58900652
Some laptops lock you out of switching OSes. Others may only provide drivers for win 10. The newest CPUs from AMD and Intel only have win 10 Support for example
>>
>>58899917

Surface pros are pretty nice
>>
>>58900277
>>58901119
how are they, and tablets in general, in terms of build quality? the only time i've ever really used a tablet computer was in uni when we got to use some old thinkpad twisties, i think x220Ts or something similar, which are obviously more robust than what seems to be on the market today. obviously i could get an x230T in decent shape but are the newer tablets flimsy/prone to breakage, especially with respect to their keyboards and hinge mechanisms
>>
>>58900277
welcome to an official microsoft sales promotion thread. the thread instigator asked a pointed question .. leading to the answer "surface" which is far from the best solution .. a solution which is only being used here to promote excel/word, packages of which there have been satisfactory replacements elsewhere

can't we stop this fucking crap?
>>
File: IMGP5981.jpg (370KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5981.jpg
370KB, 1000x665px
>>58901576
i just want a good business laptop/tablet.
i'd actually prefer a non microsoft product, I just need it to run a windows operating system. not a shill i promise bb
>>
>>58901654
you infest this place, you obvious microsoft, leading thread promoters --- go away

the simple truth is that microsoft has failed in mobile
>>
>>58901741
what the fuck am i supposed to do with a mac when all our peripherils run on windows.
i will say there is one particular computational software package that is only available on mac os, which would be nice to have.

and you can eat a dick you dumb shit, nobody comes to 4chan to shill products, that's what tv ads and billboards are for, where you can reach a car greater, broader audience of normal consumers, not a small collection of autistic tinfoil hat wearing dickheads like yourself

fuck off to another thread if you're not going to recommend me a device, you're under no coercion to stay here you you dense cunt
>>
>>58901798
you piece of fucking garbage with your "excel" and word -- nobody said "mac".. virtually all tablets are android

fuck off you piece of filth and take your tinny crap PC with you

microsoft regressed human history with their arrogance -- their substandard products

all their marketers can do now, is lie

they are reduced to the basic level of "selling" in a place like this
>>
>>58901998
you do realize that your anti microsoft shit is exactly the same as shilling right..
slice your throat open you nigger tier retard
>>
X220 tablet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.