[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this thing? Is it a meme? Been thinking of getting one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

How is this thing? Is it a meme? Been thinking of getting one second hand from craigslist or eBay. Seems pretty useful for uni to draw out graphs/notes and holding a lot of my reference books.
>>
>>58895397
I have one, its pretty awesome. I upgraded to Surface Book for photoshop and illustrator.

Onenote has the ability to replicate a piece of paper (with lines and everything). you can scan documents & book pages using the back camera (thru the onenote app) and highlight and mark them up with the pen. its DANK af
>>
>>58895450
Well shilled Ramesh!
>>
>>58895450

I was thinking of the Surface Book because I don't know how annoying it is to type on the typecover, but I figure I can get a Surface Pro 4 or 3 on eBay for a fraction of the price. On top of that, it seems annoying to pay that much for Integrated Graphics or a GTX 965m. I'm a huge sucker for jewing out money.
>>
>>58895484
It's actually pretty nice to type on, even in your knee (which I was worried about). I'd go and see one in a shop before you buy though
>>
>>58895514

Any down side you'd wanna comment on?
>>
>>58895665
Gets hot somewhat easy. 6 hour battery life. Hibernation is finicky, to the point where you should probably just turn it off. Could charge faster. Backlight quality varies. Cover material picks shit up quick. Pen freaks the hell out near the edges. Windows 10 is what it was.

On the other hand, if there's a Microsoft store near you, you can exchange it for damn near any flaw, even if you bought it online.
>>
File: dWbd9jK.gif (212KB, 219x257px) Image search: [Google]
dWbd9jK.gif
212KB, 219x257px
I have the newest surface book, the one they fixed the thigh gap on.

Dislike: No gaymen with 3k screen. Fucking expensive even though cheeper than macbooks. Surface book has the headphone jack on the top right corner of the screen, means your wire is suspended like a tightrope. It's not made of aluminum, it's made of magnesium or some shit for durability, which means the edges KEEP MAKING MARKS ON MY FUCKING DESK.

Like: Magnet charging. It's has a full 14 hour battery, even more than the mb pro, which is crazy when you consider that it has a 3k screen and a discreet gpu to drive. Pen is fun to use. Comes with win10 pro so I didn't have to pay extra. I get stares from from people using their macbooks in places.

Somewhat worth the money.
>>
>>58895397

Have had one since November-ish 2015. Whenever it came out basically.

I have extremely mixed feelings about it and none of those feelings are love. They range from "this isn't too bad" to pure indifference to "oh for fuck's sake why did I spend €1,200 on this fucking thing".

To MS' credit they fixed a lot of my biggest gripes with updates over time so my only outstanding gripes are

>woeful battery life (around 4 hours at most)
>sometimes unstable keyboard/tablet connection
>effectively useless as a tablet

And the usefulness of the note-taking, writing on the screen shit is way overblown 2bh. I tried it during my last year of college and went back to pen and paper within a week. Unlike a fucking tablet, paper doesn't have lag nor does it run out of batteries 1/3 the way through a typical day.

>tl;dr it's okay but I wouldn't recommend it or buy it again
>>
Rocking an SP1 with Android x86 in a VM, using Clover to browse.
Had it for years.
The fan is now starting to give, making a loud whirring noise.
>>
>>58896482

Wait a minute, they fixed that gap?
>>
>>58895397
Great for ebooks, the screen is amazing
Drawing is okay, but feels odd
Portable keyboard works in a pinch and I have no issue using it when doing work on the go and being able to flip it and use it as a base makes it convenient to use in public too.

Plus it runs a bunch of old PC games too
>>
File: 1441514063912.png (204KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1441514063912.png
204KB, 480x480px
>>58895397
If you are buying one for uni then I would suggest buying an older model.

You said you were going to use it mainly for notes and textbooks, correct? Unless you are going to be using any intensive programs, you probably will be just fine with a SP 1-3.

I'm a grad student and bought a 1st gen pro w/ powercover used around 6 months ago. Couldn't be happier with it. The screen is great for reading pdfs, the battery life is fine for my purposes, and it isn't too heavy for me to carry around all day.

I'm sure the latest version is better, but if you want to save some cash then the earlier models would be more than sufficient.
>>
>>58898378
With the new versions yeah. Gap is still slightly there, but not 1cm wide as before.
>>
Is the pen still shit? I had SP1 and couldn't deal with 1 second lag and shit.
>>
>>58901765
Sp4 pen is amazing. Microsoft rarely does anything right but the pen is one of them. Try it out at a best buy or something.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.