[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Munich's city authority is a step closer to moving thousands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

>Munich's city authority is a step closer to moving thousands of council computers from Linux to Windows, in a reversal of one of open-source software's marquee successes.The authority's administrative and personnel committee this week made a long-awaited recommendation for the reorganization of Munich's IT setup, calling for an immediate start to the creation of a uniform, Windows-based client architecture that can be deployed across the council by the end of 2020 at the latest.The committee said the use of "standard products" was necessary for compatibility with products from software vendors such as SAP.

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>58887865
http://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-flagship-munichs-u-turn-install-windows-10-everywhere-by-end-of-2020/
>>
>>58887865
The botnet is spreading
>>
File: 1485187726045.png (122KB, 562x801px) Image search: [Google]
1485187726045.png
122KB, 562x801px
>>58887865
They gonna use proprietary software
>>
>>58887865
Microshaft learning from jewtel.
>>
>>58887865
Jesus, and people complained about Jeb's wife. Melania's got a face like a gremlin. She looks like the Grinch.
>>
>>58887865
does it matter? Germany will become part of the caliphate this year.
>>
File: 1449773216566.gif (939KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
1449773216566.gif
939KB, 400x416px
>>58887865
coincidentally Microsoft moved their german headquarters to Munich recently.

I guess that Accenture (one of the consulting companies that recommended moving back to microsoft) having a partnership with microsoft is also completely unrelated.
>>
>According to Kirschner, Munich's IT problems are not so much down to the use of free software as they are the result of poor management and organizational structure, a view backed up by Accenture's study.
>He said the consultants' report was amended following its initial publication to note that "a lot of the dissatisfaction with the software is due to old versions, and they are not rolled out because of organizational problems".

Sounds like Linux doesn't have good enterprise management tools, which wouldn't surprise me.
Is there something similar to Group Policy and Active Directory?
>>
>>58887865
Micro$oft wants your shecks
and so do the consultancyniggers
there is no escape when the mayor of the city is a micro$hill
>>
>>58888156
More like the whole IT department is full of Pajeets/"refugees"
>>
>>58888156
>Sounds like Linux doesn't have good enterprise management tools
menuconfig and sysctl is fine if you're not a retarded refugee.
>>
>>58888005
Only the best Albanian plastic surgery for Trump's Slovenian wife.
>>
File: gaijins bored.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gaijins bored.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>58888156
>>58887865
I can't even connect to the WLAN with my smartphone (Android version 6.0.1.) because appearently some protocol is completely outdated and nobody takes the time to update that shit.

The entire Munich IT structure in general seems like a fucking nightmare. E.g.

> forced to do advanced training to get introduced into the system
> it takes them an entire week and five fucking attempts to get the list of participants right, accompanied by hilarious e-mails describing their incompetence
> advanced training takes place
> lack of manpower, chaos everywhere, half of the docents don't even know what the fuck they're doing because they were informed 15 minutes beforehand to do the lecture

Not to mention the city council consists of a bunch of old people who are completely computer-illiterate retards:
> "Technology is just a fade, books are about to have a great comeback!"

Fuck those mummies.
>>
>>58888245
This. Can confirm.
>>
>>58888156
FreeIPA and samba4 have active directory and are even compatible with Windows group policy config tools.
>>
>>58888097
don't jest with these things anon
>>
>>58887865
Cucks and sellouts, who could have thougt?
>>
>/g/ tells me Linux dominates outside of the consumer market

>go to work, the cash registers and the company computers run Windows
>go to the dentist, they have me sign in on an iPad and the computers attached to the x ray machines run Windows
>the computers in the lab at my college ran Windows
>the computers at the elementary, middle, and high school I went to used Windows

Freetards BTFO
>>
>>58889404
I've also noticed this, particularly the cash register and company computers at retail businesses and medical labs. I guess it's because Windows has a much longer rate of binary compatibility (nearly 20 years now?) and ships skeleton kernels for older software via "Compatibility Mode." Most doctors and managers don't have time to rewrite software that Just Works to deal with changes like SystemD, GNOME incompatibility, etc.
>>
>>58887865
Brazillian government also by the end of 2016 began moving away from linux, after 10+ years of extremelly succesful run, all public servants that work behind a desk are familiar with linux.

im now begining to see public institutions publishing shit in DOC

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

michel temer sucks balls
>>
>>58887865
Happened a few years ago in some dirt poor African country. Shortly after all the gov bigwigs were driving new Mercedes.
>>
>>58889898
really makes ya think
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.