[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single printer manufacturer who doesn't rip you off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: ripoff.gif (5KB, 251x252px) Image search: [Google]
ripoff.gif
5KB, 251x252px
Is there a single printer manufacturer who doesn't rip you off?
>>
>>58886171
up, my HP died
>>
Like 10 years ago it was Brother but currently I have no clue because I can print shit at work.
>>
Oki
>>
>>58886171
>falling for the inkjet jew

If your just doing text get a laser jet from a corporate sell-off or something. Refrubished toner cartridges actully work pretty ok too
>>
>>58886171
Probably not. HP has gone to shit, Lexmark is shit. Xerox canon and Samsung are shit unless you're looking at their freestanding models for large offices, and are only marginally less shitty. Minolta is below shit. Brother is hit or miss, mostly miss now days.

Basically, buy yourself dinner before you buy a printer, and pretend it was from the printer manufacturer. And they were really cute, and you were a little drunk, and probably wanted it anyway. That way you can tell yourself your weren't raped.
>>
Get a refurbished laser printer.
>The printer will be made to last (unlike a $30 inkjet)
>One cartridge will last you a very long time (at least a year, even if you print a lot)
>Toner will cost you <100 bucks/year (full colour)
>>
>>58886340
Forgot to mention: only if you print a lot.

If you only print something once a year (like me) just print it somewhere else. (office, library, etc)
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 262x192px
>>58886322
>Basically, buy yourself dinner before you buy a printer, and pretend it was from the printer manufacturer. And they were really cute, and you were a little drunk, and probably wanted it anyway. That way you can tell yourself your weren't raped.
>>
File: ;..jpg (139KB, 745x565px) Image search: [Google]
;..jpg
139KB, 745x565px
>>58886322
>Basically, buy yourself dinner before you buy a printer, and pretend it was from the printer manufacturer. And they were really cute, and you were a little drunk, and probably wanted it anyway. That way you can tell yourself your weren't raped.
>>
my canon network laser printer has been going strong for the last 10 years, and I bought it used.
>>
>>58886365
>>58886378
We get it, samefag. You thought your comment was incredibly witty and did not get as much attention as it deserved. Now stop samefagging.
>>
File: file.png (167KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
167KB, 1366x768px
>>58886434
Your autism is showing
>>
>>58886171

No, they are all bankrupt.
>>
http://www.brothermall.com/Refurbished/
>>
>>58886354
Pretty much this, however mono laser printer can still be bought for dirt cheap if you shop around. If you want to print photos or pictures you're much better off going to a printing shop and getting it done proper.
>>
>>58886340
>Toner will cost you <100 bucks/year (full colour)

that's funny, because I sell printers and color toner cartridges are ~$100 per cartridge, color printers need four.

So that's more like <$400 a year
>>
File: xerox_6600dn.jpg (150KB, 1777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xerox_6600dn.jpg
150KB, 1777x1000px
>>58886171

Xerox. Major investment upfront, but IT ALWAYS WORKS. And no 400MB's of HP bloatware.
>>
File: Face edit.jpg (1MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Face edit.jpg
1MB, 960x1280px
The sub 100 BrotherĀ® laser printer is fucking amazing. Wireless, software is completely minimal (no derp derp photo """"studio""""" shit etc).

It doesn't survive a 6 foot drop onto bricks though. So don't do that, because I did.
>>
>>58887356
By sub I meant>$100. Comes with a cartridge that prints like 2000 pages. It also holds like 200 sheets of paper in a tray.

Brother HL-L2340DW https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LZS5EEI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_cxINybA18YMKW
>>
>>58887086
bullshit. i work with the wretched contraptions a lot. quality between same model, same batch varies so much. ricoh much better for SMB. for home use a cheap samsung mono laser for the win
>>
>>58886231
my HL-2150N kept track of no. of printed pages on a toner and refused to print even while the toner wasn't completely empty

so don't trust Brother. I gave that one to my dad and got a refurbished Samsung ML-2851ND because I wanted built-in duplex.

>>58886171
I don't know about laser, but for inkjet you can be sure every single mft is ripping you off.
>>
How about some shitty Epson ink-jet and a CISS system?
>>
>>58887401
>>58887356
that carving is rad as hell
>>
>>58887816
It's the Crazy horse monument in South Dakota, and it won't be complete in either of our lifetimes
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.