[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone use any sort of GUI package manager or app centre on Arch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: GNOME-Software_1.png (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GNOME-Software_1.png
159KB, 1024x768px
Anyone use any sort of GUI package manager or app centre on Arch?
>>
>>58885843
I hope nobody does that
>>
>>58885843
why would you do that?
>>
Does Gnome Software not work on Arch?
>>
>>58885843
pamac is pretty based
>>
>>58885843
>using any kind of GUI with Arch
Why would you do that? Are you a fucking retard?
>>
I honestly don't see the point. Even if you just had trouble remembering pacman arguments, you can alias the most common actions to something you can remember.
>>
Antergos has one. It's based as fuck.
>>
>>58887922
for me it's the need for exact sometimes complex package names for pacma arguments to run correctly. it's just more convient for me to find what I'm looking for browsing/searching from a gui
>>
>>58885843
Why would you need a gui when you can feel cool and use the terminal?
>>
>>58887949
Have you tried using yaourt? I know it's mostly for the AUR, but it also shows regular packages. You can just run 'yaourt blah' and get a numbered list where you choose numbers to install something. Pretty simply.
>>
>>58885843
Why the fuck would you use Arch?
>>
>>58887966
I use yaourt as a search as well. It's pretty good.
>>
>>58887966
I'll give you an example, it took me forever and needed a google search to find out that the reason I was having trouble installing pamac was because the package name was pamac-aur instead of simply pamac and trying to install either from pacman or yaourt using just pamac didn't work and didn't bring up a list of options, whe is the command line search query?
>>
And people wonder why Linux won't get more users. Newcomers ask for some kind of GUI to install new programs and the responses they'll get are just "b-b-but muh terminal"
>>
>>58885843
Y tho?
>>
>>58888007
It's pacman -Ss
>>
>>58888007
Or dnf search or apt-cache search when you finally turn 18.
>>
>>58888007
wew lad. you definitely gotta learn how to search.
>>
>>58888023
because the gui is an unnecessary front-end. either way you're typing in what you want to search for and then picking one to install
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.