[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any good trackballs with both a middle mouse button

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 41cNmbZDrqL.jpg (20KB, 464x500px) Image search: [Google]
41cNmbZDrqL.jpg
20KB, 464x500px
Is there any good trackballs with both a middle mouse button (or preferable, a clickable scroll wheel) and back and forward buttons that aren't fucking wireless meme shit?
>>
I can stream 1080p 60 fps video over 20 metres with WiFi, how hard do you think it is to send two floats over half a foot?
There's nothing wrong with wireless. Don't be a moron.
>>
>>58883026
You love Apple too, huh?

It's just a major inconvenience to have to have batteries in something that could just be wired, especially when it gives zero benefits like in this case. I can sorta see why it could be nice to have a wireless mouse, even if I think the cons outweight the pros, but a trackball stays stationary on the desk.
>>
I agree with >>58883026

Even with tiny mice (I use a MagicMouse 2) the battery lasts weeks. Is it the battery life you worry about with wireless mice or what?
>>
>>58885082
I just think it's a huge inconvenience to have to have batteries in stuff where there's zero benefits to having a normal wire.
>>
File: 61SgMNdjgwL._SL1352_.jpg (92KB, 1352x1311px) Image search: [Google]
61SgMNdjgwL._SL1352_.jpg
92KB, 1352x1311px
Not sure if this what you're looking for but I use this.

https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Expert-Trackball-Mouse-K64325/dp/B00009KH63

I use the top left button as middle mouse. Mostly I scroll with that button and autoscroll. Sometimes I use page down or the scroll wheel, which is good in a pinch for games where you forget to remap the scroll wheel.

You can map the mouse to anything with their builtin software. You could do back/forward on the top two and use the wheel as a scroll wheel.

Full disclosure, some games don't know that this is a mouse and don't recognize left click input from it. Pretty rare but it does happen. (Tribes Ascend and Paladins, both from the same company, have this issue, as does Trackmania 2).

My main used to be a Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse or something very similar. The small buttons as middle click work, but are unergonomic and hard to hit.

I also own and have used the mouse in your OP. It's good for portability and the scroll wheel. I know a computer professional who makes >$100K a year and I'm almost positive he uses the exact same mouse.
>>
>>58885464
The last wireless mouse I had, lasted 6 months on 2 AAs. I only really prefer wired now because it works 100% of the time, and while wireless worked for my ~90% of the time, that 10% is didn't work, would really set me off.

A wired mouse admittedly looks a bit unsightly, and "can" sometimes affect the usage with the cord holding the mouse from moving.
>>
>>58882066
There are reputable pro gaymers who use that mouse right there, doncha' know?
>>
>>58886642
>You can map the mouse to anything with their builtin software
Builtin? You mean it's not some shitty Windows-only application that might not even work with more modern versions?
>>58886869
>A wired mouse admittedly looks a bit unsightly
t. macfag
>and "can" sometimes affect the usage with the cord holding the mouse from moving
Because I move around the whole fucking trackball casing, right?
>>
>>58887525
I use a wired mouse, dumbass. I'm not going to pretend the cable across my desk is something of beauty.
>>
>>58882066
Whatever you do, don't get that piece of shit in your pic
>>
>>58887698
I would never get a wireless trackball, I just thought it looked like it could have all the functions I need.
>>
File: 41MViDYzj6L.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41MViDYzj6L.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>58882066
Elecom makes fairly good trackballs. They're for japs though, so the grip is sort of for people with small hands.
>>
>>58887973
Tell me more, I've never had any problems using handheld devices made only for the Japanese market before.
>>
>>58887995
That particular model is an Elecom M-XT3URBK, you can find them on Amazon for $35 US. I use it at my linux/windows pc, and it works fine. Some people complain about issues with tracking, but Ive never noticed anything like that. There is windows only software for it that lets you map buttons to whatever, but Ive never found a need for it.
>>
>>58888240
Yeah, it seems to have every button in the right place, just like my Zowie FK1. Does Elecom have any other models you know anything about though?
>>
>>58882066
I have the one in your picture and the wireless works perfectly. Also it has a battery life of around 6 months.
>>
>>58889485
Wireless is still fucking gay.
>>
>>58889903
How is wireless "gay"? There is no noticeable delay between moving the ball or clicking and when the action occurs on screen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.