[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PHP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (43KB, 570x720px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
43KB, 570x720px
Why is PHP still in use?
There are so many great frameworks and they still use that shit.
What does /g/ think about it?
>>
>>58880515
wordpress is built on it and wordpress is a pretty easy framework to use. You just load your site with plugins and you barely have to write anything from scratch and its all in php
>>
>>58880624
I'm talking about Django, Ruby on Rails, etc.
>>
>>58880642
won't be nearly as popular as wordpress is considering there are so many devs trained in it
>>
>>58880515
Pretty much every host supports PHP including cheapest shared hostings you can find. And there's wordpress so normies can enjoy running their own websites with zero webdev knowledge.
>>
>>58880931
Why does almost every web developer vacancy require PHP?

I've been browsing job websites and couldn't find any job that needs you to know Python/Django or Ruby. They all want that crappy PHP.
>>
>>58880968
because it's widely used. why is it so hard to get it through your thick head?
>>
>>58880515
Just werks
>>
>>58880515
Cheap as fuck host.
>>
Werks and I can just put it in a php file together with html code.
>>
>>58880515
Despite what you may think, the alternatives - especially those written in almost equally repulsive 90s scripting languages aren't that better.

So in many scenarios there isn't that much incentive to change.
>>
the php is shit thing is kind of a meme, if you use modern php with a framework like laravel or ci its pretty good.
>>
>>58882948
That's a valid point, but the problem is the amount of shit PHP code on the market that people maintain.
>>
>>58880642
Mate I'm a big fan of Rails and Ruby in general, I use Ruby and Python all day at work. However, don't discount modern php frameworks like laravel. Laravel is as good as Rails, and if you're comfortable writing php then laravel is your jam. Plus php is a hell of a lot easier to deploy than rails unless you use a paas like heroku.
>>
laravel is pretty and is a php framework for artisan's

then you have wordpress, which almost every small site is built in these days. if you want comfy job security as a web dev learn everything there is to wordpress
>>
>Wordpress
>Symfony
>Laravel
>Joomla
>Drupal
>Literally 85% of the web run PHP

>>58880968
>Why does almost every web developer vacancy require PHP?
>I've been browsing job websites and couldn't find any job that needs you to know Python/Django or Ruby.
I wonder why.
>>
>>58883966
Also
>Prestashop
>Magento
And so on
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.