[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opera 12.15 Source Code Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Opera12.png (258KB, 1600x776px) Image search: [Google]
Opera12.png
258KB, 1600x776px
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/prestocore-fan/presto
Patches: https://github.com/PrestoXen/openopera-patches
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/PrestoXen/openopera-issues/issues
IRC Channel: #openopera on crowley.anonnet.org:6697 (via a SSL connection)
Webchat: http://site.anonnet.org/webirc/openopera
Forum: http://forum.timsky.ru
>>
Anyone working on any patches for it?
>>
has anyone done anything remotely interesting in these threads ever
I always see them up but I never looked inside

is it just some autist making the thread over and over again even though no one is smart enough to post in it
>>
>>58878872
It's been ported to ARM
>>
>>58878894
That is correct. I am trying to help a guy who made a version for Angstrom Linux to get it to work properly (its crashing randomly at the moment and he doesn't know why).
>>
>>58876595
kys
>>
>>58879032
y
>>
>>58879052
Why not?
>>
File: 1437184517651.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437184517651.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>forking an outdated unmaintained browser based on an unmaintaned engine
>>
>>58876595
So are we supposed to now join the russian botnet?
>>
>>58880147
It's the best browser.
>>
>>58880167
>It's the best browser.
Engine is several years out of date.

Your work would be better spent making a fork of Webkit/Blink that has all the features you want instead of wasting time on Opera. The license is all proprietary, it's stolen, you'll never get lots of ppl working on it because of that.

Anyway, just my 2c.
>>
>>58880214
>Engine is several years out of date.
Source code from several years ago is out of date compared to modern browsers? No fucking shit.
>Your work would be better spent making a fork of Webkit/Blink
Nah
>The license is all proprietary, it's stolen, you'll never get lots of ppl working on it because of that
Again, thank you, Captain Obvious
>>
>>58880227
>adolescent defense mechanism
k den
>>
>>58880257
Well what do you expect when you're doing nothing but stating the obvious and making dumbass suggestions?
>>
>>58880214
>webkit/blink
Or gecko
>>
>>58880425
>gecko
gecko's as dead as Opera's engine. Mozilla (or whatever those faggots spell their names now) is working on Servo. Time spent on gecko would be just as waste as spending it on opera 12.
>>
>>58880440
>spending time on Opera 12 is a waste
It's a few years out of date, anything done to it is still better than what it was before. Making the best browser even better is anything but a waste of time.
>>
File: 1486163835835.jpg (501KB, 1273x1996px) Image search: [Google]
1486163835835.jpg
501KB, 1273x1996px
>>58880451
>It's a few years out of date, anything done to it is still better than what it was before. Making the best browser even better is anything but a waste of time.
2 years in browser time is like 10 years in other software time. standards change quickly, attack surfaces change... it's a fucking dinosaur at this point.

Pic related.
>>
>>58880470
>2 years in browser time is like 10 years in other software time. standards change quickly, attack surfaces change... it's a fucking dinosaur at this point.
I'm well aware.
>>
>>58880440
>waste of time
Not to people who want to use it. I still hope windows 7/8 source code gets stolen and people finally fix all the backdoors.

>>58880470
Nothing wrong with it being lightweight :^)
>>
>>58880214
The rendering engine is GOAT tier, but the javascript engine has suffered heavily since the boom of ultra heavy web sites. Prestro works great here. Amazon is iffy. Newegg, fucking forget it. If there was a way to replace Presto's javascript engine with webkit's we'd have a serious contender for best /g/ browser.
>>
>>58880167
it's true
>>
to any web devs here

might i ask you to look into firefox based addons?

your time would be very appreciated and more a better investment of your skills!

If you respect freedom(from ownership of IP and copy rights)then i suggest the gnu gpl3

if you are more interested in individual rights and dont care about corproate influence then i suggest bsd/mit

we have a pretty big linux community and alot of people are willing to lend a hand for the common goal
>>
>>58882774
sorry about my english im deutsch-amerikaner
>>
>>58882690
>Newegg
it seems to work fine. what's doesn't presto opera do on it?

if someone could get hotmail/outlook working on opera, i'll gladly make it my main browser again.
>>
>>58882923
Not him but it's an absolute trainwreck when I visit newegg. If I accidentally click a link to that site there's a 50/50 chance I have to restart the browser because it just shits it up that much
>hotmail/outlook
Does Opera Mail not work with them or something? Or are you talking about the webmail client?
>>
>>58882967
i mean just logging into hotmail.com or whatever redirect via opera 12.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.