[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Offline map?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: happyAccidents3.jpg (170KB, 1026x776px) Image search: [Google]
happyAccidents3.jpg
170KB, 1026x776px
Anybody got a good offline map software?

Bonus challenge: Alternative maps outside the usual spectrum

Personally best solution i found so far is using a VM to preload the here.wego app's map as they let you download whole countries. As far as i understand there is nothing like that with google and the other services i found mostly just copy either or openstreetmap while crashing a lot more. The VM solution sucks though because it fucks with screen size and scrolling.
>>
File: himalaya3000FeetUp.jpg (525KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
himalaya3000FeetUp.jpg
525KB, 2048x1365px
Nobody here who had the same problem and solved it?
>>
>>58875099

an offline map would take literally petabytes of data. i doubt you could use it.
>>
>>58875589
Nobody has this problem, no, because mobile data exists.
>>
>>58875602
the here.wego app i tried needs ~1GB for a single country in Europ. (Varies a bit based on size) So datawise it's certaintly doable if you just want sectors instead of the whole world.
>>
On mobile I use OSMand.

It seems you need something on desktop, I use gpsprune to view and edit recorded tracks.
It might also be able to load maps for offline use, not sure about that.
>>
>>58875617
There is still not coverage everywere & mobile data is still tiny with most contract. Outside of that loading makes using it a nuisance. Preloading is just more user friendly.
>>
>>58875726
I mean, you're not wrong
I just think that the preferred solution to both concerns is to move to a first world country
>>
>>58875660
>~1GB for a single country in Europ
Well, it would need 1000GB for a real country not in Europoor Caliphate.
>>
>>58875763
Fuck off retard.
There's literally no reason to get the data from the internet, when SD-cards are large enough to contain it.
>>
>>58875777
Use your brain instead of memes, a single state is about the size of a country in europe. So same thing.
>>
>>58875099
OSMand
You can get the full version for free from F-Droid
>>
>>58875708

Apprectiate the suggestion. Seems they even have addtional map data outside of vector maps for streets. Just kinda strange pricing - wiki says apple store free everywhere else different prices
>>
>>58875099

ArcGis is pretty good for all map related problems
>>
>>58875602
TomTom, Garmin, and friends literally had no issues doing it, and they only needed a 1 or 2GB SD card to do it. It's not like you need a worldwide map at all times, you're not going to be driving from the States to Europe, or from Europe to Australia.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.