[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Circumventing Customer Proof of Destruction Request?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

A customer support agent just requested that I provide proof of destruction of my defective headphone cables so that they can send me a replacement.

How should I go about this to get the replacement cables while not destroying the defective cables? I'm not good at image manipulation, nor do I have any powerful enough program to even make an attempt, so I doubt I could just shoop it.

Any suggestions about how I could persuade the support agent, or at least trick them?
>>
You're holding back info anon
Why, What, When, Where, How?
>>
>>58871457
>Why
I want to keep the defective cables because one of the ears is still functional and the defective ear can semi-reliably maintain constant audio playback when in the right position. It seems like a useless waste for me to destroy these defective but otherwise partially functional headphone cables simply because of corporate nonsense.

>What
They are replacement detachable headphone cables for my headphones. I purchased a replacement pair directly from the manufacturer and they were defective.

>When
The purchase occurred less than a month ago and I am currently in correspondence with customer support regarding a replacement for my defective product.

>Where
The facility from which I received the package is most likely in Singapore, since that was the mailer address written on the package. I am in the United States.

>How
Depending on what you mean by that question, that is exactly what I'm trying to find out.
>>
>>58871488
>Take a picture of the damaged cables
I have already provided images of the damaged cables to the customer support agent. There is minimal visible damage to the headphone cables and what minor damage to the external protective layer does not appear to be causally related to the ear plug jack's audio playback issues. I received instructions about destroying my cables AFTER I submitted the initial images upon the agent's request. As far as I'm aware, the manufacturing defect is internal to the cables and thus not readily visible. If it were, I suspect that would be sufficient proof that the product was damaged for the company to write it off as a tax deduction.

>why would you need to destroy them if they don't work?
If I'm not mistaken, it has to do with "proof of destruction" criteria related to tax write-offs for damaged inventory. Normally, customers return their product through the mail, which is either tested and refurbished or (almost always) simply destroyed at the facility and the customers receive a new replacement. A more cost-effective option for the business is for the customer to destroy the product and provide photographic proof of destruction so that the company can still legally satisfy the criteria to write off the product as damaged. This is important for the company because most private commercial entities receive tax deductions according to their damaged, missing, or otherwise unsellable (in some circumstances) inventory. This includes defective products.

Additionally, it serves as a means of preventing abuse of product returns.
>>
>>58871488
>>58871694
>Unless its not actually damaged and you're trying to be a leech.
Even if I was trying to "leech" another pair of headphone cables, I don't give one whit of a shit because the entity off which I'm "leeching" is an international corporation which generated AT LEAST 1000% profit off my purchase, all of which goes into the hands of their board of directors. The last thing you should be worrying about is whether this corporation may hypothetically take a ~$0.03 loss because I hypothetically swindled them out of an extra pair of overpriced headphone cables.
>>
>>58871715
Enjoy literally being too libtarded to get warranty service
>>
File: cp bitcoin.jpg (102KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
cp bitcoin.jpg
102KB, 956x960px
>>58871742
Enjoy being too much of a literal retard and reactionary degenerate to understand that disdain for corporations has almost nothing to do with liberalism and, in fact, most liberals are strong supporters of corporations and corporate economics.

All I have to do to get replacement headphone cables is cut my current defective pair in four places and proceed with the subsequent instructions to confirm proof of destruction. The issue is not with understanding how to use the warranty to replace or refund my defective product, dumbshit, but with how to avoid the needless destruction of a pair of defective headphone cables that I can still use simply to satisfy some corporate tax loopholes.

Do continue with your useless shitposts, though, because you're keeping my thread bumped.
>>
>>58871843
>>58871742
>>58871715
Oh wow we went directly into smelly hippie territory real fast there. Be glad you're getting a free replacement at all. Or you can fight the man, man.

private corporations just happened to be successful based on pure luck and coincidence and should therefore be penalized for building up their business because I could never do such a thing
>>
File: you.jpg (65KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
65KB, 480x364px
>>58871879
>My entire understanding of political economy consists of stereotypes, memes, and thought-terminating clichés.

Safe space is this way, classcuck: >>>/pol/.
>>
>>58871445
Buy same color headphones, blend them, post pics of the dust.
>>
>>58873063
The defective product I am being requested to destroy are headphone CABLES, not headphones. I do have some headphone cables of another brand which are almost identical to these, but the bands around the headphone jack plugs are not the same. That other headphone cable pair is also defective, but it broke after the warranty expired for them. I could try to use those headphone cables as a substitute, but I'm not sure how I'd go about modifying the bands to the exact color and shade and moreover I'm concerned that the support agent may discover the ploy. If that occurs, I am almost certainly not going to get a replacement.
>>
>>58871445
Destroy them by cutting them in half and then solder them back together.
>>
Other than you being scum, what brand of cables?
>>
Grow the fuck up, child.
>>
>>58874357
I don't have a soldering kit, unfortunately, nor am I familiar with using them. Anyway, the headphone cables would be structurally compromised at that point and even more defective than before, especially since I'd have to make four cuts.

>>58874420
Why does it matter?

>>58874472
Kill yourself as soon as physically possible.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.