[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ My brother is having a problem w/ Chrome's (56.0.2924.87)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 645465.jpg (4KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
645465.jpg
4KB, 303x166px
Sup /g/
My brother is having a problem w/ Chrome's (56.0.2924.87) new extension that doesn't allow to connect to sites using SHA-1
I have the same version of Chrome, though it doesn't give me the same "error", although I'm using Windows 7, he's using 10.

Any suggestions on how to solve this abomination?
>>
>>58869900
SHA1 TLS certificates have been ofdicially deprecated since 2016-01-01.

Google is slowly disabling support of them in their browser. Slowly, gradually, not for everyone at once. It makes dtecting and fixing potential problems better.

There's no "extension" here.

I don't see the problem here. Do you want to have this feature too? Do you want to decrease the browsing security for your brother and make him vulnerable?
>>
>>58869941
The thing is: he's having problems with sites that are under GOOGLE

YouTube, Google com (or .it, in our case), Google+, Gmail et cetera
>>
Btw he had had such problems for 2 years, +/-, but recently it started blocking most sites, like 90% of them

An I repeat, I don't have such problems. I tried to google the solution but it just directs me to google's (((forums))) full of shit that helps nobody

P.S. Installing other browsers like "Opera" didn't solve the issue
>>
>>58869900
>chrome
>windows
Stop using botnet cuckware.
>>
>>58869971
>>58870006
I just checked. Google's sites DO NOT use SHA1 certs. There's DEFINITELY malware on his computer or between his computer and the network.

It might be very shitty "anti"virus software acting as malware, decreasing security.

Show us the certs. Click "Inspect certificate" and post the box that pops us here. Let's see who's the issuer.
>>
>>>NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM
This pops up when he tries to enter YouTube
>>
>>58870242
Please show us the cerificate. Click on "Not secure" left of the URL.

If it's a shitty "anti"virus, you'll most probably see the name of the company responsible for it there.
>>
Here's some info from curl about the cert on google.ru that SHOULD be the cert OP is getting.

* Server certificate:
* subject: C=US; ST=California; L=Mountain View; O=Google Inc; CN=*.google.com.ru
* start date: Jan 25 10:39:59 2017 GMT
* expire date: Apr 19 10:09:00 2017 GMT
* subjectAltName: host "google.ru" matched cert's "google.ru"
* issuer: C=US; O=Google Inc; CN=Google Internet Authority G2
* SSL certificate verify ok.

Notice the "Google Internet Authority". That's the issuer's name you should be seeing.
>>
Also, to back up my claim in >>58870085 this is the cipher algorithm curl uses to connect with google.ru

* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
>>
Here's another pic
>>
>>58870522
click on "Learn more", it will show the cert issuer
>>
From YT it just re-directs me to support.google, but I can't see shit there cuz muh
NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM
>>
>>58870918
>>58870719
>>58870522

Wait no, they seem to have changed it. View the certificate following these instructions:

https://www.google.pl/amp/www.howtogeek.com/292076/how-do-you-view-ssl-certificate-details-in-google-chrome/amp/
>You can find this information by going to the Three Dots Menu -> More Tools -> Developer Tools, then click on the Security Tab. This will give you aSecurity Overviewwith aView Certificate Button.
>Starting with Google Chrome version 56, this method is the only way to view the certificate details.

This is critically important to your brother's security, man-in-the-middling tls connections is a huge deal.
>>
>>58871041
Or just click "details"
>>
>>58871041
Ok, 'll try, thanks a lot
>>
>>58871160
Try what? Please post the info about the cert you get. We can get who issues these then.
>>
>>58871193
Imma just try to install Kaspersky and remove this shit, if it's malware.. most people I've talked to think it is.
>>
>>58872553
What shit? You can't exactly remove malware that easily, "anti"virus software doesn't really work.
>>
>>58872587
Dunno, Kaspersky always worked for me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.