[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't AMD have any high-end cards this gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1440421936208.jpg (58KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1440421936208.jpg
58KB, 640x560px
Why doesn't AMD have any high-end cards this gen?
>>
>>58862929
I really hope you jokeing asking that.
>>
>>58863032
>nothing higher than the RX 480

WTF AMD
>>
>>58862929
>>58863032
>>58863066
It's all a delusion. The transistor can't be shrinked that easily anymore and NVIDIA and AMD are a Cartel. Since GPUs are almost 100% parallelized machines (unlike CPUs) you can just stick more transistors in them and directly make them faster. Problem is since the transistor is still stagnated per area of die, they can only become overpriced to give out something much faster. As a result NVIDIA can be faster only by being overpriced. AMD could easily do it too but they work with cheaper products.

When someone shills for NVIDIA or they shill for AMD tell them they are idiots. Both AMD and NVIDIA produce almost exactly the same product. The fact NVIDIA sticks more cores into them doesn't make them different technologically.
>>
>>58863066
*sigh...You know how nvadadoo came out with e the highest first? well thats sort of what amd was doing.I say was bc Amd is coming out with vega later this year,Like for real do some fucking research FUCK
>>
>>58863120
So by the time NVIDIA has volta?
>>
>>58863106
But AMD does moar corez and nvidia does hihger clokz
>>
>>58863106
You may ask, why not more players, why are they a cartel? Because they have hogged the patents. Not even intel can't make GPUs for the PC that easily. If Samsung or another Conglomerate like Intel with their own Foundries had access to the IP of the PC GPU, AMD and NVIDIA would be dead since 10-15 years ago since right now they beg others to make their chips for them which has an enormous cost.
>>
>>58863157
You drop some simplistic memes there that only apply to a few models. Whatever they do, their products are almost identical technologically. For the common Gaming GPUs that /g/ usually cares about NVIDIA is usually making much bigger chips which cost more to manufacture and they are faster but AMD could do exactly the same, they just choose to go slightly smaller and slightly slower.

The cost is also not linearly increasing the bigger the die because also the failure rate increases (they discard failed chips).

NVIDIA is also making more chips for the Enterprise, that's probably why also their gaming GPUs are usually bigger.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.